Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
It appears your OCLP installation is not working (unsupported device):

May 3 13:27:40 iMac osinstallersetupd[215]: : 052b2000 : Mac-F2238AC8 is not in the list of SupportedDeviceModels
May 3 13:27:40 iMac osinstallersetupd[215]: : 052b2000 : Unable to install due to unsupported device: Error Domain=BIErrorDomain Code=2 "(null)"
May 3 13:27:40 iMac osinstallersetupd[215]: disk0s2: isUpdateInstallable: NO: BIPreflightError - Domain: com.apple.BuildInfo.preflight.error Code: 9 UserInfo: {
NSLocalizedDescription = "The update cannot be installed on this computer.";
NSLocalizedFailureReason = "The update cannot be installed on this computer.";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=BIErrorDomain Code=2 \"(null)\"";
}

Are you certain you booted the OCLP EFI? What version of OCLP is installed?

Yes I booted off the external drive that I built with BS 11.2.3 and the latest try I used patcher 0.4.11 ( the latest one for Big Sur)

1jak0

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2019
México
Anyone can help me with this problem on bootcamp?
<<Windows compatibility software not detected>>
I'm on OCLP 0.6.4, dunno if related but last year I did it successfully on the same machine with Monterey and now I don't even know what causes this problem on Big Sur.
Captura de Pantalla 2023-05-03 a la(s) 9.15.24.jpg

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
well....on my first try I was able to install Big Sur 11.7.6 using Open Core 0.4.11. I have the sleep turned off as this version has the GPU issue with my TeraScale 1 GPU. I am STILL trying to understand why I'm finding it SO hard to install 11.2.3 (the only difference is that this is being hosted on Archive.org and not apple!

wondering if Apple blocks the install of versions that they no longer host???

TigerA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Big Sur 11.7.6 with OCLP_0.6.3 worked very well on my non-metal iMac 10,1 (Late 2009, see signature). However, updating to 11.7.7 via OTA ended up the iMac can’t shutdown or restart. The Preboot volume is missing a lot of stuff. I am going to use OCLP generated installation USB to reinstall the OS, once the 11.7.7 is made available.
I've finally figured out the cause of this issue: It's the root patch with OCLP > ver 0.6.1. The iMac now can shutdown / restart (albeit without the chime sound) with OCLP_061 root patch being applied. The OCLP EFI version can be greater than 0.6.1 (for dual boot purpose because I have Ventura 13.3.1 on the same disk).
On another node: Safari (14.1.3) won't open with the latest Big Sur 11.7.7RC on this iMac10,1.
Add: A "Software Update for Safari (16.4.1)" allowed the Safari to open but left with the rendering issue. The rendering issue can be fixed by applying OCLP 063/064 root patch. However, this leaves the iMac not being able to shutdown/restart/sleep, as before. So it's truly a catch-22 situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ausdauersportler

TigerA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
I am having talagent crash on menuBar2SendCached (file ManuBar2.m) each time after booting up for my iMac10,1 running 11.7.7RC with OCLP 063/064/065/066n. Can't find any info online. Should I be concerned ???
4 com.apple.SkyLight 0x0000000105fddf9d menuBar2SendCached + 1453
5 com.apple.SkyLight 0x0000000105fdcac2 menuBar2Set + 98
6 com.apple.SkyLight 0x0000000105fdc850 SLSSetMenuBars + 48

Also having SoftwareUpdateLauncher crash on the same items each time after booting up:
4 com.apple.SkyLight 0x000000010e283f9d menuBar2SendCached + 1453
5 com.apple.SkyLight 0x000000010e282ac2 menuBar2Set + 98
6 com.apple.SkyLight 0x000000010e282850 SLSSetMenuBars + 48
7 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff289d9a0b MenuBarInstance::SetServerBounds() + 171

Last edited:

izfernando

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2021
New OCLP target new macOS versions. The latest releases from 0.6.2 onwards in particular made some severe changes for some Macs (disabled AMFI, again) which will disable functionality on Big Sur and Monterey just to allow the use of the latest Ventura releases. Especially Kepler and IvyBridge 2012 Macs are hit by this.

There is absolutely no use and no need to install and use this new OCLP releases unless you have a double boot installation with Ventura or the change log explicitly mentions your Mac model and a special development only available with new OCLP version, e.g the support for iMac9,1 with metal AMD MXM cards.

Will update the first posts about OCLP versions and update, not sure if anybody here reads it, though.
I like the idea of an OCLP menu feature, where we specify which OS (Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, whatever comes next) that we intend to install, and we specify our target machine, and then OCLP spits out a customized EFI that is different for Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, and perhaps whatever OS is next. I am not a developer, but I wonder if it would be so difficult to automate that process, as they have already automated so many things brilliantly!

jgleigh

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
The automation is easy. Trying to support all the different OS variations on all the different machine variations is going to be the limiting factor. Especially when macOS 14 comes out.

steve123

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2007
I like the idea of an OCLP menu feature, where we specify which OS (Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, whatever comes next) that we intend to install, and we specify our target machine, and then OCLP spits out a customized EFI that is different for Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, and perhaps whatever OS is next. I am not a developer, but I wonder if it would be so difficult to automate that process, as they have already automated so many things brilliantly!
OCLP used to have a text based interface that did this kind of thing. I think they decided to make OCLP more user friendly and they deprecated it.

jgleigh

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
You should be able to modify all the same settings in the GUI, you just have to understand what they're doing for each system.

Mystere65

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2015
Firenze (Italy)
I've finally figured out the cause of this issue: It's the root patch with OCLP > ver 0.6.1. The iMac now can shutdown / restart (albeit without the chime sound) with OCLP_061 root patch being applied. The OCLP EFI version can be greater than 0.6.1 (for dual boot purpose because I have Ventura 13.3.1 on the same disk).
On another node: Safari (14.1.3) won't open with the latest Big Sur 11.7.7RC on this iMac10,1.
Add: A "Software Update for Safari (16.4.1)" allowed the Safari to open but left with the rendering issue. The rendering issue can be fixed by applying OCLP 063/064 root patch. However, this leaves the iMac not being able to shutdown/restart/sleep, as before. So it's truly a catch-22 situation.
This is also a problem for me

Fridolin79

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2022
Hi folks, i unsucessfully tried to upgrade with my imac 2011 to monterey via oclp. Every time i tried i got a message about corrupt installation file.

So i selected with boot + alt my previous big sur efi boot on ssd and managed to start big sur again sucessfully.
Then i disabled in oclp setting show boot loader picker and restartet and got only a grey screen.
After hitting alt again and boot i wanted to select again my efi boot, but it didn‘t load when i push the grey arrow under the icon.
What should i do?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 50

TimmuJapan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
Hi folks, i unsucessfully tried to upgrade with my imac 2011 to monterey via oclp. Every time i tried i got a message about corrupt installation file.

So i selected with boot + alt my previous big sur efi boot on ssd and managed to start big sur again sucessfully.
Then i disabled in oclp setting show boot loader picker and restartet and got only a grey screen.
After hitting alt again and boot i wanted to select again my efi boot, but it didn‘t load when i push the grey arrow under the icon.
What should i do? View attachment 2204703
Did you try a clean install/install via USB on top of your Big Sur install or did you try and upgrade to Monterey from Big Sur in the OS via the software update icon? The latter doesn't always produce desirable results, unless you really have all of your "i's dotted and t's crossed."

A clean install is the recommended method.

So, if you haven't tried this already, you can make a new bootable USB stick for a Monterey install with the latest version of OCLP on the EFI partition of the bootable USB stick--just follow the steps on the OCLP website for an install. It's like following or reading a manual. You also need to get your Big Sur EFI on your main SSD/HDD partition updated or cleared out--if you want Monterey. Your EFI on your SSD or HDD needs to be fresh, or it needs to have the latest version of OCLP on it before you try and upgrade to Monterey.

Your data should always be backed up before attempting an upgrade even on a supported macOS.

Follow the instructions on the OCLP website about how to create a bootable usb stick.

Fridolin79

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2022
Did you try a clean install/install via USB on top of your Big Sur install or did you try and upgrade to Monterey from Big Sur in the OS via the software update icon? The latter doesn't always produce desirable results, unless you really have all of your "i's dotted and t's crossed."

A clean install is the recommended method.

So, if you haven't tried this already, you can make a new bootable USB stick for a Monterey install with the latest version of OCLP on the EFI partition of the bootable USB stick--just follow the steps on the OCLP website for an install. It's like following or reading a manual. You also need to get your Big Sur EFI on your main SSD/HDD partition updated or cleared out--if you want Monterey. Your EFI on your SSD or HDD needs to be fresh, or it needs to have the latest version of OCLP on it before you try and upgrade to Monterey.

Your data should always be backed up before attempting an upgrade even on a supported macOS.

Follow the instructions on the OCLP website about how to create a bootable usb stick.
I tried a clean install via USB, before i made it i updated my big sur efi sucessfully to the newest Oclp and used the same version on the stick.

The problem is now that i can‘t get pass beyond the efi boot icon (pressing doesn‘t work) after i disable show boot picker as showed on my attached pic above.

So i can‘t make an new stick on this imac.
I can make it on a mba 2014 with big sur, but will the stick then also work on the imac? I think that it will suit up to mba2014 preferences for monterey or am i wrong?

Edit:

I just transfered a fresh efi through build up oclp for my imac2011 on my mba2014. (In settings i could change preferences to imac 12.1), but unfortuanetly after booting i still can‘t get pass through the efi boot icon. Nothing happens when i press it…

Last edited:

Fridolin79

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2022
I returned to HS via TM and started now the installation of Big Sur with a fresh OCLP 0.4.11 Install (the version which worked three month again fine on the exactly same imac 12.1).

I am now stuck in a half filled boot bar with the apple logo after installation.
What should i do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 51

makra

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2020
Northern Germany
I returned to HS via TM and started now the installation of Big Sur with a fresh OCLP 0.4.11 Install (the version which worked three month again fine on the exactly same imac 12.1).

I am now stuck in a half filled boot bar with the apple logo after installation.
What should i do?
Just curious: Why do you want to use OCLP with HS?

Reactions: TimmuJapan

makra

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2020
Northern Germany
I want to install Big Sur via Oclp over HS again
Then I would wipe the disk, install HS and then start the OCLP procedure from scratch. I have a partition with HS on my MPB9,1, which I use every once in a while to use older apps. Works fine, but obviously there is something wrong with your installation.

SuperDuc

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2023
Thank you for your advice khronokernel. I'll wait until Highpoint comes back with an answer. Then maybe 11.3 Final will have been released in the meantime to try your suggestions if Highpoint says their text is properly notarized.
I can live with a bit of fan noise in the meantime!
Good morning. I'm on Mac Pro 5.1, with a Highpoint 7101-a card and amd vega56 gpu. I recently installed OCLP and Monterey, (Ventura is not fluid on my machine), but when I want to install the drivers for the HighPoint card I can't start anymore, in fact the progress bar is stuck halfway through loading. Have you found the solution. Thank you in advance. best regards
I tried forcing it with Pacifist and same problem; as soon as that kext is in /Library/Extensions/, the Mac won't boot.
Is this a function of OCLP or a problem with the kext?
Mailed HighPoint but Easter delay so nothing back yet.
Good morning. I'm on Mac Pro 5.1, with a Highpoint 7101-a card and amd vega56 gpu. I recently installed OCLP and Monterey, (Ventura is not fluid on my machine), but when I want to install the drivers for the HighPoint card I can't start anymore, in fact the progress bar is stuck halfway through loading. Have you found the solution. Thank you in advance. best regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.