Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Piipperi

macrumors member
May 5, 2020
Computur
SCR-20221026-twq.png

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (and possibly other Navi cards as well) now report temps, clocks, etc. to macOS natively without any extra utilities.

Strange for Apple to add new features like this if x86 is supposed to be on it's way out from macOS. I did test if VP9 HW decoder is yet present on macOS for AMD hardware, but it doesn't seem like it.

aperfectcircle

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2020
sorry if I missed the discussion but does anyone like stage manager and what's your use case?
I feel like I'm in the minority as I absolutely love it. I've never managed to find Spaces workable, but Stage Manager just seems to work for me - mainly I think because I have the visual cues showing my app groups. I also use a 34" 5k2k ultra-wide, so I don't find the app groups to the left intrusive/stealing precious screen real estate.

I am independent management consultant, so I work with multiple clients on various projects at any one time. I will typically group apps/windows around the client/project, as well as having a "me" group with Safari and Apple Music, a communication group with Outlook, Teams and iMessage.

I find this works really well for me and I have adapted quickly to Stage Manager, which is something I always struggled with when trying to use Spaces.

I also have an iPad Pro 12.9" which I use when 'mobile' - so visiting client offices or even just heading out to work from a cafe for a few hours - and I haven't found Stage Manager quite as slick on the iPad. I'll keep at it, but so far I'm not getting the utility from it on iPadOS that I am on macOS.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I'm really liking the ability to block a sender in Mail but i'm not sure if it will be effective. I delete the mail message after I block them so hopefully that's enough.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Is there any way of seeing the date/calendar, the old way?
A small window with a whole month?
I use to see it this way, all the time, in 'settings'.
But they seem to change this view in ventura.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
You mean in Calendar app itself?

View > Show Calendar List. Then you have a small overview of the whole month in bottom left corner.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
You mean in Calendar app itself?

View > Show Calendar List. Then you have a small overview of the whole month in bottom left corner.

No, I am not talking about calendar.
In previous 'system preferences', in a tiny rectangular window, you could see or adjust, the time/date.
There is no such thing in ventura.

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
I'm really liking the ability to block a sender in Mail but i'm not sure if it will be effective. I delete the mail message after I block them so hopefully that's enough.
Do you then permanently remove that deleted EMail from your machine?

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
For some strange reason, when I plug a usb flash disk, it does not appear in 'Locations' in Finder. It shows up only in 'Favorites' in Finder.
How can I fix this?
In Ventura OS.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
For some strange reason, when I plug a usb flash disk, it does not appear in 'Locations' in Finder. It shows up only in 'Favorites' in Finder.
How can I fix this?
In Ventura OS.
In your menu bar go to Finder > Settings... Then go to Sidebar and check 'External disks' (or maybe 'CDs, DVDs and iOS Devices').

Reactions: cool11

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
How can I make this red pointer in settings icon to disappear?
It prompts for updating the apple id settings.
Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 9.49.31 PM.jpg

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
I want to totally bypass icloud.
Whatever I choose in the following screen, the bars always remain active. (either disabling options or choose leave them activated)

c.jpg

If I am signed in, where I can log out?

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I want to totally bypass icloud.
Whatever I choose in the following screen, the bars always remain active. (either disabling options or choose leave them activated)

View attachment 2133003

If I am signed in, where I can log out?

What about in Settings / Click your Apple ID at the Top / Then select "iCloud", and then "iCloud Drive"

Should bring up this option, where you can turn off iCloud Drive altogether, or maybe just certain apps instead, if you wanted...

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 7.43.07 AM.png

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
What about in Settings / Click your Apple ID at the Top / Then select "iCloud", and then "iCloud Drive"

Should bring up this option, where you can turn off iCloud Drive altogether, or maybe just certain apps instead, if you wanted...

View attachment 2133004

I did what you said.
icloud drive is now off.
But even now, there is no way of disabling the above, 'choose what you would like to store in cloud'!
It accepts to turn off the bars, but there is no way to keep these settings! They remain active!
:(

• Wow
Reactions: gank41

profdraper

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
What a drreadful, time-wasting POS. The worst thing they've ever done in the last 30 years. Breaks everything I use for work (pro music & film), insists on re-setting keychain, removes apps it doesn't like etc etc. Garbage for Apple fanboys who only use apple apps, browser, mail & likely spend much time in doomscrolling & social media obsessions.

• Love
Reactions: AAPLGeek and R2FX

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
What a drreadful, time-wasting POS. The worst thing they've ever done in the last 30 years. Breaks everything I use for work (pro music & film), insists on re-setting keychain, removes apps it doesn't like etc etc. Garbage for Apple fanboys who only use apple apps, browser, mail & likely spend much time in doomscrolling & social media obsessions.
what's happening exactly? no issues here (and since the first beta dropped) with logic, final cut, and my 3rd-party plugins (altho a few needed updates). no apps were removed (!), keychain didn't reset.

whatever problems you've had, start a thread, ask for help. the OS is (mostly) fine for (most of) us, so perhaps... get those issues sorted out. just a suggestion 👍

Reactions: adrianlondon

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
what's happening exactly? no issues here (and since the first beta dropped) with logic, final cut, and my 3rd-party plugins (altho a few needed updates). no apps were removed (!), keychain didn't reset.

whatever problems you've had, start a thread, ask for help. the OS is (mostly) fine for (most of) us, so perhaps... get those issues sorted out. just a suggestion 👍

Yeah. All Pro apps here work just fine (FCP, Logic, Photoshop, InDesign).

Now, if you’re using old versions of apps/plugins, I can see where that breaks. No one is forcing you to upgrade to 13.0…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.