Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Curious that they got SO close to being a T2 or Apple Silicon only release. You know Apple REALLY wants to get to that point as soon as possible.

0xCUBE

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
Planet Earth
Reactions: hvds

Payne Mononymous Bachman

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2020
thanks a lot for changing and understanding! Sorry if there was any confusion. Appreciate how quick you were. BTW feel free to edit the first post since it's a wikipost if it has any missing info.
No Problem. I apologize that it caused issues as that was not my intent at all. I just saw this thread disappear which is why I created it. If I knew that it would cause issues I would have never made the thread. I can not wait to see the new patchers and wish everyone good luck with creating them. :)

Reactions: hvds

OnawaAfrica

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2019
Well seems my MBP is now the oldest Supported MBP for Ventura. Just installed Ventura and its actually runs quite good not encountered a bug yet but lets see. :D actually will try tomorrow to install it on my 2011 iMac with Quadro GPU lets see what will happen :D

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
Any specific guidance on what settings to select for Monterey native models on OpenCore? My MacPro6,1 just restarts into Recovery Mode when I select the Ventura installer. These are the settings I've tried for building OpenCore on the flash drive:

-Checked 'Allow native models' under Settings
-Selected MacPro7,1 for SMBIOS Spoof Model and checked 'Allow Native Spoofs' under SMBIOS Settings

Person132

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2021
I just finished installing it on a 5,1 Mac Pro and it gets to the apple logo and then restarts. I've tried looking into verbose mode to see an error, but it gets a different error every time.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.

OnawaAfrica

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2019
I guess it's kaby lake or later which is the first CPU to support hardware 10 bit HEVC encode among other things
yep 10bit HEVC is first introduced with Kaby Lake, I guess that's the Nr.1 Reason why all machines before Kaby Lake where dropped

coolio2004

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
What are some of the issues you've experienced? My 2012 Mini has zero issues that I've noticed compared to a natively supported Mac. SIP being partially disabled could be considered an issue though
Try fusion, Parallels or MS office late version and you will be in trouble.

Reactions: javicarrera
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.