Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RumorChaser

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2023
Note: I didn't read/understand your earlier post fully. My responses are only related to the quoted post.
Don't updates requiring patches automatically produce a notification from OCLP? (I left a device for hours after an update and there was none but this may be time related).
OCLP is set to auto start up, and if it detects that your system needs root patches, it will prompt you. But that can sometimes fail to detect. In the case where you know the system needs root patches but OCLP does not prompt you, you can manually open up OCLP and install the root patches.
I had the bottom setting on for months and never got any prompt; so what you are implying is that they will or may lead to instability and best to wait for them to be included in the "normal" updates?
That is correct. The bottom setting references Apple's Rapid Security Response. There were confirmed precedence where installing an RSR in an OCLP system would prevent the system from booting due to the way RSR messes with volume signing. That is to say, IF Apple releases an RSR anytime in the future and you install it, it is highly likely your system will fail to boot with OCLP. The reason why you don't see any prompts or any uninformed user complaining on forums is because Apple has only released RSR twice to the public since its introduction more than a year ago, and after the subsequent public update it would no longer be possible to receive such an update.
The low frequency of people running into this issue is due to Apple's own self restraint in (not) releasing RSRs.

didily

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2018
Good

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2024-05-14 в 10.13.42.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-05-14 в 10.13.42.png
    178 KB · Views: 48

houser

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2006
If Sonoma on OCLP devices would be a movie, 14.5 is the epilogue and 14.6 will be the credits.
Will it be worth to watch the sequel?
Well then this blurb from a commit from May 10 can perhaps then be indicative of the reboot ;)
macos_install_handler.py: Add macOS 15 variant support to backend

Reactions: macpro_mid2014

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
to the OCLP expert:
"Find my" in Settings > iCloud always turns itself off. I've noticed this again and again since 14.4 (it may have been the case with previous versions).

Does anyone have any idea why this is and whether I can fix it permanently instead of turning it on again and again?
Unfortunately, I have not yet found out under what circumstances the system automatically switches it off again.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
I edited my post to "MacBook Pro" (Mid 2015) sorry about the confusion.
It's not a problem mike, was just curious. I haven't been following in real detail lately. I still read this thread to see the progress being made, but I went a different direction from OCLP regarding this iMac after Monterey runs out that will give me 32-bit support (for games and older apps) as well as giving me a current 64-bit OS as well.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
Version 1.5.0 has very few changes compared to 1.4.3.
It's mainly about code cleanup, except for some Nvidia GPUs ...
Nothing specific to Sonoma 14.5

Changelog:

1.5.0​

• Restructure project directories
    • Python:
      • Move logic into opencore_legacy_patcher directory
      • Use relative imports for local libraries
    • Documentation:
      • Move images to docs/images
    • Payloads:
      • Remove redundant/unused files bundled in payloads.dmg
  • Resolve unpatching Nvidia Web Drivers failing to clean up /Library/Extensions
  • Implement preflight code signature checks for macOS installer creation
    • Ensures validity of createinstallmedia binary before execution

Dzer

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2024
Updated to 14.5 on my MBP 9,1 using 1.5.0n. OTA update went smoothly. Nothing of note to report so far.
How do you get 1.5.0 OCLP?
EDIT: Oh, you just do a system update and it downloads it automatically.

Last edited:

Serqetry

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2023
For anyone having kernel panicks from "3rd party NVMe controller. PCI link down. Write. fBuiltIn=1" on Sonoma on a Mac Pro 5,1:

My system was stable with Ventura and a WD SN730 NVMe drive in a $10 "xqjtech" NVMe PCIe card from Amazon. I upgraded to Sonoma and a larger WD SN740, and I was getting these crashes randomly mutliple times a day. I finally got desperate and ordered a $25 OWC Accelsior card to try instead, and now the problem has stopped and my system is stable again. I guess even though NVMe PCIe cards are very simple devices, quality matters.

telepati

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2009
Is it possible to tell OCLP, I mean to OpenCore to not control the SIP? I want to use official SIP control, when I need it I want to disable or enable from Recovery.

telepati

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2009
Do you know how to edit your OC config.plist? Or maybe you could set SIP in OCLP > Settings and rebuild Open Core?
Yes, I know it. OCLP > Settings not the looking I for. I tried a couple of settings to there, e.g., I set the SIP to 0x0, which is enabling to the SIP. But when I look under the NVRAM with Terminal SIP still shows disabled. And, yes I reset the NVRAM. Still, the settings here are not what I'm looking for. I want OpenCore to not completely interfere with SIP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.