Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

filipe.esposito

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2016
I'm running 10.13 on a MacBook Pro 13" 2009 with 8GB RAM and SSD. It's running better than Sierra here, but it's noticeable the longer time needed to boot up, so I imagine how it runs on older HDDs... oh, and I've installed on a new partition, not upgraded. Although it's running fast, there's some bugs with sleep — sometimes my Mac doesn't come back after sleep, and I need to force a reboot... so, keep that in mind.

zrw2011

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2016
how are all of you installing the new mac os ? I havent seen the new patch utility or the download dmg package...can i get the software if you released it

Reactions: TimothyR734

nandor690

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
how are all of you installing the new mac os ? I havent seen the new patch utility or the download dmg package...can i get the software if you released it
dosdude1 posted a updated patch tool in reply #86. Make sure you read his post before installing
[doublepost=1497075544][/doublepost]I would like to report that I installed macOS 10.13 beta 1 on my 2007 (7,1) 20" iMac using dosdude1 patch tool. T9300, 6 GB ram, ati radeon hd 2600 and BCM94360CAX. Everything works just as it did in macOS Sierra 10.12.6 beta 2 (16G12b).
The only thing that doesn't work is brightness control. But NightShift does work with my patched CoreBrightness.framework.
One thing to note is, in order for sunrise to sunset to work in NightShift it kept saying it needed 'Setting Time Zone' enabled in Security & Privacy. Everything in the System Services of Security & Privacy were already checked. So I had to uncheck them and recheck them for it to work.

Last edited:

cumpadi

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2015
I've done a preliminary update to macOS Sierra Patcher, just to add compatibility with the High Sierra installer. Keep in mind nothing else has changed, so I'm not sure if some of the post-install patches still work in High Sierra. Also, for those of you who cannot download a copy of High Sierra, I have a copy available for download here (if this is not allowed, let me know and I'll remove this link). Download "macOS High Sierra Patcher" here.

dosdude1, I downloaded the patch <posted on reply # 86>, after the installation finished, I post the feedback. Thank you very much.:)

Last edited:

MacManMatt

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
Land Down Under
Installed it onto my MacBook 5,1 (8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB SSD)

Everyting works as it did in Sierra apart from not having any Trackpad Options.

No settings to make Tap to click to work or any of the multi finger gestures.

Was very straight forwarded to create a bootable USB using the Tool.

Love you work @dosdude1 & @foxlet

brandonsierra

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2017
The way downloading the OS is handled appears to have changed for 10.13. Instead of downloading the entire ~5GB app from the App Store, now, the app downloaded is only ~7MB, and when launched, downloads the entirety of the OS. I'm assuming (and hoping) that this is done just to verify that you are actually a registered developer in order to install it. If this is the case, then the public beta (and final release) versions should revert to the traditional download method.

go to https://mac-torrent-download.net/application/utility/macos-10-13-high-sierra-beta-1-installer/
you will get the 5.26gb download there

metatext

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2017
Installed it onto my MacBook 5,1 (8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB SSD)

Everyting works as it did in Sierra apart from not having any Trackpad Options.

No settings to make Tap to click to work or any of the multi finger gestures.

Was very straight forwarded to create a bootable USB using the Tool.

Love you work @dosdude1 & @foxlet

Does your display brightness control (LCD backlight) work by any chance?

nandor690

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
2ewzqrz.png

newCore App Beta
An unsupported Mac installer for High Sierra. Installs High Sierra from inside macOS or an USB disk, with no working system required. NightEnabler also integrated.

Limitations

• APFS installations are supported only when installed using macOS Sierra
  • Only HFS+ installations are supported in USB disk mode
RvSaL0c.png

Download
Version 0.2 (GUI): Link Available Soon.
Version 0.1 (Terminal Alpha): http://repo.furcode.co/macOS/HighSierra-10.13/NewCore-Installer.tgz
SHA1 = ca23473bca1f7c97cdf7de2c7105383d25e8ecdb

Guides
Version 0.1 Guide

Version 0.1 created the USB Disk with no problem in terminal and installed fine on my 2007 iMac. Just as dosdude1's did.
Eagerly awaiting the GUI version so I can try APFS!!!

kautame

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2017
I would like to report that I installed macOS 10.13 beta 1 on my 2007 (7,1) 20" iMac using dosdude1 patch tool. T9300, 6 GB ram, ati radeon hd 2600 and BCM94360CAX. Everything works just as it did in macOS Sierra 10.12.6 beta 2 (16G12b).

Glad to hear that, Nandor, as (thanks to your guide on iFixit) I use the same iMac. But, if I understand right, the fact that you used dosdued1 patch and not Foxlet's NewCoreApp means that you are not using APFS, right?

nandor690

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
Glad to hear that, Nandor, as (thanks to your guide on iFixit) I use the same iMac. But, if I understand right, the fact that you used dosdued1 patch and not Foxlet's NewCoreApp means that you are not using APFS, right?

I just tested Foxlet's NewCoreApp version 0.1. This is the USB version like dosdude1's. So sadly no I'm not using APFS yet. Just waiting for Foxlet to release version 0.2 for that.

Luigi222

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2016
Well I can say that everything seems to be working fine on my MacBook Pro 17 mid 2009, model: MacBook Pro 5,2.

I have taken a screen shot but the image is too big for the upload :rolleyes:

Anyway it works, hope you guys keep up the good work, special thanks to @foxlet , @dosdude1 and let's not forget @parrotgeek1 for the legacy usb kexts ;)

I also have a Mac mini 2009 with updated wifi card I'll give a try too when I get a chance!

thewebgal

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
My system is an Unsupported (Early 2009) MacPro patched to 5,1
and upgraded last year with faster processors, more memory, Video card upgrade, etc.
But no room to spare on my current "boot drive" ...
so I've ordered a larger SSD and will clone my system onto that
before doing the upgrade to High Sierra beta - maybe next weekend.

I'll keep reading - and, thanks for all you do here!
Cheers!

20170610-Sierra.png

Last edited:

foxlet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2016
@foxlet, what does IOUSBHostFamilyLegacy.kext do? it seems like that code is already in LegacyUSBInjector

also you should set the kernel arguments in com.apple.Boot.plist rather than nvram

It's just cleanup into different kexts for packaging. 0.2 already covers all the other cases for kernel flags.

Last edited:

pkouame

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2016
Are you installing to a blank volume, or attempting to upgrade your Sierra install?
@dosdude1 can you expand on the El Cap installer side-effect. I get the same error on my macbook pro 5,3 . The specific error from the installer log is :

PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Core.pkg”

Thanks.

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Feb 16, 2012
@dosdude1 can you expand on the El Cap installer side-effect. I get the same error on my macbook pro 5,3 . The specific error from the installer log is :

PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Core.pkg”

Thanks.
Is this happening when attempting to upgrade an existing install or installing to a blank volume?

perquesta

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Canberra, Australia
High Sierra installed ok on an early 2009 iMac 24 inch, iMac9,1 using dosdude1's installer, with the suggested post-install patches.

My working system (Sierra) is on a WD firewire HD and High Sierra on the on-board hard disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.