Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Anonymous Beaver

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
How do you tick or add Hyperdock if it's not an application in the application folder but just a preference pane? I didn't get it from the App Store but from the website download. When I navigate to the preference pane in the library, it is greyed out.

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
How do you tick or add Hyperdock if it's not an application in the application folder but just a preference pane?

My reply was too hasty, sorry. On one of my Macs, I did a clean install (to an early beta), so I now have to rack my memory as to what got it working. I think it was a reboot and re-enable hyperdock (if not already enabled) and that brings up the request to enable accessibility with the accessibility window having hyperdock just waiting to be ticked. And if that doesn't work first time, try rebooting again.

Edit: This is a better reply:
The app that you need to add is not the HyperDock app (which as you say does not exist with the preference pane version), but the Helper app which is located here /Users/.../Library/PreferencePanes/HyperDock.prefpane/Contents/Resources/HyperDock Helper.app Open it in Finder and drag and drop onto the Accessibility pref pane.

Last edited:

Anonymous Beaver

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
Hey, I added it to the accessibility window but the app just kept on crashing. I just redownloaded it (version 1.8) and it worked again. Thanks for the help

ThrowerGB

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
This thread is for posting the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to app compatibility with macOS Mojave DB 1. Make sure to update the first page, instead of making individual posts. This is a wiki post. Please keep the apps alphabetized.

Apps that are working
1Password
Acorn 6.1.3
Adobe Director
Adguard Pro (1.5.8)
Airfoil Satellite (requires latest update)
Alfred 3 (issues with 3.6.x with DB4, fixed in beta of 3.7)
Amphetamine
Anaconda Navigator (1.8.7)
Aperture (3.6)
AppCleaner
Asphalt 6
Audition (CC 2018) & (CS6)
Autodesk Maya (2018.2 & 2016 ext 2 SP1)
AutoMounter (Pro needs Helper v1.3.3)
Backblaze
BackupLoupe (if you add to Privacy - Application Data)
Banktivity
Bartender
BBEdit (12.1.4)
Beamer
BetterZip 4.1.3
Blender 2.79b
Blender 2.8 beta
Boom2 (you will need to check 'allow' in Privacy (system preferences) for the microphone..
(i had to uncheck/recheck that)
Boxer (Dos Emulator) 1.4
Brackets
BusyCal
BusyContacts
Caffeine (1.1.1)
CalcVerter
Capture 3.2
CarbonCopyCloner - new beta here: https://bombich.com/download#nmos_beta
ChatMate für WhatsApp 4.2.4
Checkbook Pro
ChronoSync
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (4.6.01098)
Cisco Jabber (12.0.1)
Cisco WebEx Productivity Tools 31.20.2.18
CleanMyMac 3.10.0b1
CleanMyMac X Version 4.0.1
CoconutBattery
Colours for Hue
Copy'Em Paste
CoverFlow (RC1.2)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
CrossOver 17.5.0
Deliveries
DaisyDisk
Default Folder X
Diablo
Discord
Dreamweaver CC
Dropbox
Eclipse
Entropy
Fantastical 2
Finale 25.5
Firefox
Forklift (3.2.2)
FruitJuice
f.lux
Fuse for macOS (OS X Fuse) 3.8.2
GarageBand '11/6.0.5 (Up to 10 minutes for first launch as with HS, after that works perfectly)
Garmin Training Center GTC - version 3.2.1.1
GearWatchDesigner
GitKraken (3.6.3)
Google Chrome
GoToMyPC
Handbrake (1.1.1)
Hazel
Home Inventory (3.7.3)
HoudahSpot
HP EasyScan Version 1.9.1 (119)
HP Utility Version 5.38.0 (1792)
Icon Slate
iConvert Icons
Illustrator (CS6) [after re-installing Java for macOS 2017-001]
iFlicks
iMazing 2.6.1 (9014)
InDesign CC 2018 (requires patch on PBeta 3: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch-macOS-mojave-beta.html)
iStat Menus
iTaskX 3.3.1
Jump Desktop (7.1.4)
LightCapture
LiteIcon 3.9 beta https://freemacsoft.net/downloads/LiteIcon_3.9.zip
Little Snitch (4.1 nightly 5165; released 11 June 2018)
Logic Pro X
Logitech Gaming Software (8.98.306) -- Gaming mouse and keyboard run without issues
Logitech Options (initially broken, but a reinstall of the latest version fixed it)
Luminar 2018 v 1.3
Macs Fan Control (1.4.10)
Magnet
Mail Satellite
MATLAB
McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac v10.5.0
MEGAsync
Microsoft Office 2011 (excel-word-PPT-outlook) need to reinstall 14.7.7 update after install for everything to work properly and may have to reactivate serial number
Microsoft Word (16.13.1) & (16.15.0)
Microsoft Excel (16.13.1) & (16.15.0)
Microsoft Outlook (16.13.1) & (16.15.0)
Microsoft Power Point (16.15.0)
Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta (10.1.8)
Microsoft Teams (1.1.00.11551)
MindNode
MoneyMoney 2.3.6
Moom (3.2.11)
MySQLWorkbench (6.3.7)
NeoFinder (7.2.1)
Newton Mail
Notability
Omnigraffle 7.8.1
OmniOutliner 5.3.3
Omnipresence 1.6
OpenEmu
Outside
Pacifist 3.6
Paperless (2.4.1)
Paragon NTFS for Mac
Parallels 13.3.1
Parcel
PathFinder (8.x)
PathFinder (7.6.2)
PCalc
PDFpenPro (10.1.0)
Photoshop (CC 2018) & (CS6) (Manually add to Security-Privacy-Accessibility for Pen Pressure)
Pixelmator
Plantronics Hub Version 3.11.0 | Build 17287
Private Internet Access (PIA) v81 (Preliminary macOS Mojave (10.14) support)
Pro Tools 2018.7 (not officially supported by Avid, but works perfectly)
PureVPN
Quicksilver
QuickSleep
R (3.3.2)
Rapidweaver 7.5.5
Reunion 12
Rocket
Room EQ Wizard 5.18 (brings its own jvm)
Runescape Java 1.1
Runescape NXT 2.2.4
RStudio (1.1.383)
ScanSnap Manager
Scapple
Screenflow 5.0
Scrivener
ShimoVPN (latest release solves PPTP connectivity issues)
Skype for Business 16.18.62 (Integration with Outlook 2016 works in Build 18A314)
SkySafari 5 Pro
Slack
SlimBatteryMonitor (!, as old as this app is)
SmashTunes
Snagit 2018 (latest update in App Store resolves the issues)
Snappy v2.0.1 (121)
Sophos Hom Premium (2.0.3)
Spark
Spectrum
Speedtest (1.5)
SpiderOak One
Splashtop Streamer
Spotify
StarCraft II
StarCraft Remastered
Steam
Subler
Sublime Text 3
Suitcase Fusion v19.0.5
Tableau Desktop 2018.1.3
TextExpander 5
TextMate
Things 3
TickTick 2.6.0
Tile Game Classic
Tor Browser
Total Finder (11.1.10)
TotalFinder (1.11.0 with SIP disabled)
Transmission (2.94)Trello 2.10.5
TripMode v.2.2.0
Tweetbot 3
Übersicht (1.2.53) - including custom python scripts for info display
Unity
Ulysses
Vanilla (requires restart if you switch to Dark Mode to get rid of a graphics glitch)
VeraCrypt 1.2.2 (with Fuse for macOS 3.8.2)
Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Community (for Mac)
VLC
WiFiExplorer 2.4.3
VMWare Fusion (10.1.2)
VMWare Fusion e.x.p. 2018 Tech Preview
Vox
Wacom Tablet Touch Drivers (working properly with the 6.3.31-3 update on 9/20, seems to have fixed the freezing and crashing reported with earlier driver versions)
Waltr 2 (2.6.8)
WebEx Teams (3.0.8519.0)
Wunderlist
Zoc Terminal (7.18.4)

Apps that work but are having problems
Aerial Screensaver (Working in PB10/Loads in System Preferences/"Done" button in options not working.)
Affinity Designer (works, but large parts of UI are either transparent or solid black)
Agenda (funky UI rulers cut off first couple of columns of notes) (Beta 2 seems to fix)
Airmail 3 (white background over account names for some reason)
Acrobat X (gives “needs updating” warning, works - only sluggish)
Arq Backup (5.12.1) - must manually add the Arq application to "Application Data" category under privacy settings for Arq to be able to access some folders in the user's library folder.
Atom Text Editor (1.27.2)
AutoMounter - App runs fine, but if you install the helper (v1.3.2) it causes the desktop to hang. Had to go into recovery to remove the helper. Emailed the dev.
CodeKit App (launches, but interface bugs make it unusable)
Compressor (4.4.1) - Can't switch between tabs in the sidebar and therefore can't customise encoding settings. Also erroneously displays the text "ProLabel" on the About window.
DEVONthink Pro Office 2.9.17 (crashes shortly after start)
Dreamweaver CS5 (gives “needs updating” warning, but continues to work - only sluggish)
Final Cut Pro X (Rendering takes a significantly longer time in Mojave) - Just mentioning this: am not having rendering-time issues here........
Forecast Bar - will not load satellite images
Hyperdock v1.7 (it took a few reboots to get working; had to manually add to Accessibility in System Preference; reports "Unsupported Operating System" when opening the config in System Preferences)
iTunes can’t transfer files from iOS apps in File Sharing.
Lightroom Classic - The application crashes when trying to import from an SD card. Other functions seem to work.
LogMeIn App works but LogMeIn Safari Plug-In no longer works
MacGo Blu-ray Player (2.17.2) - Very occasional stutter/pause - not sure if this is due to running on MacBook Pro 2016 13" TB 3.3Ghz i7, 16GB RAM from disk image on USB-C ->USB 3 external hard drive or an app issue.
Mamp Pro (4.5.0) - random freezes and beach ball at random points every little bit. Useable but annoying...
Microsoft Excel 2011 (gives needs updating warning, templates pane is unreadable, continues to work)
Microsoft OneDrive (runs and works, but pegs CPU usages to 100% until its quit)
OmniFocus 2.12.3 - Works fine, slight cosmetic anomaly in toolbar display which is "grayed out"
PDF Expert - fails & crashes when trying to print. all other features work.
Pixave - Import Crashes
RealVNC Server - viewing is OK, but no remote control. Apple Screensharing works
Reeder (version 3.2 crashes occasionally)
RoyalTSX v3.3 (hangs randomly in Preferences and when trying load new documents, crashes when exiting an RDP session)
Scroll Reverser (need to give permission in Accessibility setting in Privacy)
SpamSieve (make sure to update to current beta before installing 10.14)
Splashtop Business (workable but very slow)
ThemeEngine - requires a little zooming in on elements to make them appear perfect in view. Can save .car files just fine.
Ulysses 2.8.3 (standalone version, pre-subscription) - works and iCloud sync is functional, but there are display anomalies in Ulysses' dark mode.
Vellum 2.0 (works, but no “contents” in the navigation pane.)
Whatsize 6.6.3 (application is showing wrong sizes)
X-Plane 11: Purchased aircraft crash upon loading, built in ones work fine. (Purchased aircraft seem to work in PB 7 and latest stable X-Plane release as of today (2018-08-26))
xGestures (1.7.8) - works, but will not auto start. Throws a few Assistive Device prompts, despite being whitelisted. It does work though.
Zoom Outlook Plugin (4.3.5278) - doesn't show the plugin when creating Outlook Meetings

Apps that don't work at all
BetterTouchTool (see thread for update, working beta release at https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13005)
Box Drive (crashes when trying to open)
CleanMyMac 3 (they have a Mojave beta version ready, email their support on support@macpaw.com to get hands on it) (Version 3.10.0b1 appears to work and is available for download)
Cocktail
Evernote (-> Evernote 7.3 Beta 1 now works with Mojave)
Game Golf Transfer - starts when device is plugged in but then gets "USB CONNECTION LOST error
Hands Off! (3.2.7)
IBM Client Application Access
IBM Notes
iTunes 12.6.4 & 12.6.5 (if you try to install, you just get "This software is not supported on your system.")
iStat Pro (Cannot be installed)
LastPass (App does not work. Browser plugin barely works) (10.14 B2)
Little Snitch 4.1.2 (not compatible with Mojave)
Live Home 3D (3.3.4 build 874) by BeLight Software - app launches to Project Gallery but won't open any selection or new document
MacTracker 7.7.4 (main window loads, clicking on any device will cause app to freeze)
MailButler 2.1
Malwarebytes (3.3.22) (tries to update app, installer freezes, forces uninstall of app)
Mindjet Mindmanager 11 (Build 11.1.160- application crashes at start)
NFSManager, stops with a window unsupported OS version
OS X Fuse 3.80 (Will not install)
Paste 2 (crashes when copying something to the clipboard)
PIA v80 (loads, connects to VPN server but blocks all internet traffic - Mojave also throws "legacy" warning)
PowerPhotos (crashes on startup)
Sculptris
Sound Control
SQLPro Studio (launches, runs slow, then crashes and won’t reopen)
Unlox (launches and runs fine but cannot unlock via iOS counterpart, tap to unlock also broken - UPDATE: developer has released beta version with full Mojave functionality, can find info on Twitter @UnloxHelp)
VyprVPN
VMWare Horizon Client (Older version 4.1 works. Current version 4.7 does not)
VirtualBox
[doublepost=1538345038][/doublepost]Canon MP Navigator EX for CanoScan Lide 210 works AFTER you update MP Navigator EX from v4.0.5 to v4.0.6 and update the drivers as well. The Canon web site provides both those files.

Last edited:

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
[doublepost=1538345038][/doublepost]I can't get Canon MP Navigator for CanoScan Lide 210 to work. When it starts, it doesn't open any windows. It does open its pull down windows. I have to use Force Quit. The Canon web site provides a new download that purports to make it work with Mojave. But I get the same result after installing it.

I have been using VueScan https://www.hamrick.com with my CanoScan 9000F all through the Mojave beta period. I might well stay with VueScan even if MP Navigator does start to work again.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Adobe barely supports them in Sierra.
But I use them on Sierra just fine. Just because the vendor doesn't provide technical support mean they won't run. If its one of the hallmarks of the Mac OS even into its transition to OS X was compatibility.

I have a iBook G3 with Mac OS 9.1 that ran Word 5.1 from 1992.
Apple definitely made compatibility a priority during the shift to Intel by creating a translation layer called Rosetta for incompatible app code bases on completely different platforms and supported it for quite a while, too.

So, I don't see whats so fundamentally different from Adobe CS6 running on 10.8 from 2012, versus 10.12 from 2016. Its still the same Intel code base. Of course, High Sierra was a different story, but then again, they also had to make sure key apps worked. If it worked on APFS under 10.13, I don't see what kinda fundamental changes could be introduced in 10.14 to warrant making such a move.

I am simply am not going subscription for such products. I would rather stay on 10.13 or 10.12 then slowly switch over to alternatives on a new Mac when the time comes.

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
Mojave seems to have killed Photoshop CS5. I had to reinstall the legacy Java Runtime to get it to launch, but doing just about anything causes an immediate crash. Attempting to select the text tool or print causes an immediate crash, otherwise I get random crashes after about 3 to 5 minutes of work. I guess I knew my days with CS5 were limited.

Costa-USSR

Suspended
Oct 1, 2018
Working:

TextWrangler
version 5.5.2 (397016)
(Mac App Store build)

Prepo
Version 2.2.7 (15)

Last edited:

PauloJMParreira

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2018
Portugal
Has anyone tested LastPass, LogMeIn or Jump Desktop? Please update the WiKi post. :)

LastPass is OK so far.
[doublepost=1538387947][/doublepost]Still using Iwork (Pages and Numbers) for mail merge, after update to Mojave the app opens but can't open any of my files. Is there a workaround or i must start looking for a 3rd app?

rjtiedeman

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2010
Stamford, CT
Mojave seems to have killed Photoshop CS5. I had to reinstall the legacy Java Runtime to get it to launch, but doing just about anything causes an immediate crash. Attempting to select the text tool or print causes an immediate crash, otherwise I get random crashes after about 3 to 5 minutes of work. I guess I knew my days with CS5 were limited.
I am still using adobe cs6 and it’s days are numbered also. my office updated to the subscription plan and it’s works fine but the monthly payments have gone up every year. Not cool when you have “several workstations that are only used part time. We don’t need the latest features for most work. we just need to make enough to keep the lights on.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I am still using adobe cs6 and it’s days are numbered also. my office updated to the subscription plan and it’s works fine but the monthly payments have gone up every year. Not cool when you have “several workstations that are only used part time. We don’t need the latest features for most work. we just need to make enough to keep the lights on.

i imagine that CS6 apps will work into the next OS; photoshop CS6 is good here now, and am sure adobe will update it's 32-bit files (like application manager, etc); CC needs these things updated too.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Added Virus Scanner Plus app to the compatible list. Although macOS is less prone (compared to Windows) to virus infection, I felt adding it to the list just in case users on Macs experience infection.

There are NO known Mac viruses in the wild... sure, there's malware and such, but there is no virus, and, therefore, no need for a virus scanner in macOS... Malware Bytes, perhaps... but no virus scanner needed.

Reactions: ErikGrim

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
There are NO known Mac viruses in the wild... sure, there's malware and such, but there is no virus, and, therefore, no need for a virus scanner in macOS... Malware Bytes, perhaps... but no virus scanner needed.

Thought so. According to their documentation, it indicates it can detect Malware Bytes as well.
It was added to the OP list as an FYI. I can delete it if you like.

tiger2

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2012
Can anyone confirm if iWeb works?

(I know, I know . . . I'm holding out until the bitter end.)

Thanks!

whg

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Switzerland
Anyone able to tell me if Office 2011 is still working ok?
It still works for me, but I haven't tested all features. I mainly use the old version for MathType (an equation editor with easy formula referencing). For the new Office version (2016) this wasn't available for a long time, and now we can only it with a subscription service (like Adobe products), which is not acceptable for me.

Reactions: askme

dwnldr

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2016
Slovakia
EDIT : After some research i find out, that actually AU LAB made a mistake. It was problems with permissions for mentioned AU LAB. Now is everything working as they should (just run AU LAB for the first time from /Downloads folder and allow permissions. After THIS STEP you can move the app to /Applications). So finally : AU LAB and SOUNDFLOWER = WORKING ON macOS Mojave !

original post : not exactly "app" ,but extension used by many users: SOUNDFLOWER = NOT WORKING ON Mojave. Installation went fine, everything looks as should, but if you choose as output Soundflower, the sound is muted = no throughput.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.