Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tabmorty

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2018
This is a wikiPost that will be updated regularly.

Current Bugs:
- Safari Tab Group Sync between iOS 15 beta 1 and Monterey don't seem to work
- Photo sync between iOS 15 and Monterey is extremely slow - compared to the production version
- Bartender 4 does not work properly. Menu icons sometimes messed up. Restarting Bartender can solve - until it messes up again. This can be from Monterey not doing proper UI refreshes yet... I see that Finder don't always update what show on the screen either ... a refresh and things show
- Wallpapers from Big Sur don't seem to work
- NordVPN IKE works
- Many apps , including Safari, Pages, FCP X, Logic Pro X - does not show window when app start. Have to File, New for window to open ... Safari sometimes have to Close app, Restart - before working

Last edited:

davidcafor

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2014
Spain
I'm getting empty mails with an iCloud account. Is this a bug? anyone reported it?
Mostly are newsletters.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
- Many apps , including Safari, Pages, FCP X, Logic Pro X - does not show window when app start. Have to File, New for window to open ... Safari sometimes have to Close app, Restart - before working
just to be sure, do you mean the latest logic & FCP (ie both no longer use the 'x' in the name). just checking (those are my important apps...). thx

agnusz

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2019
When Mac (Intel mid 2017) goes to sleep it won't wake up with mouse or keyboard, so I forced to restart in case to use it. After restart I getting error "login window quit unexpectedly". Solution is to enable "Prevent your Mac from sleeping auto.. when display is off" in System Pref.

Last edited:

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Can confirm. This is a really weird bug. The windows are there if you look at them in the Window menu, just not showing, I have to close them using the File menu and reopen them for them to show up.

Another bug I've had is Civ VI crashing, but staying on screen on my external display. I have to reboot or relogin to get rid of it. Seems to work fine on my internal iMac display.

cosmic_mj

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2021
Vilnius, Lithuania
Same here, nasty lag on the trackpad sometimes feels like over 1-second delay of the input. Happens every 5 mins or so and lasts for 5 to 20 seconds a time
Getting very bad lag on my trackpad pointer on 15" 2018 MBP. Can't seem to find a fix yet.
Same here!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Reactions: tethead

jshul001

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
M1 iMac. System crashes when trying to sleep and automatically restarts. Anyone else experiencing this?

drtome

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2013
M1 iMac. System crashes when trying to sleep and automatically restarts. Anyone else experiencing this?
Same here occasionally on iMac 2019. Really weird. Screen gets dark and does not react anymore. Have to turn it off and on again. Then it works for a while...

jshul001

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
Same here occasionally on iMac 2019. Really weird. Screen gets dark and does not react anymore. Have to turn it off and on again. Then it works for a while...
This is the error im getting

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffe00287b0d40): Sleep transition timed out after 35 seconds while creating hibernation file or while calling rootDomain's clients about upcoming rootDomain's state changes.

I turned prevent your Mac from sleeping automatically and it still did it. And I have nothing plugged in fyi as if you google this you see sometimes people think its due to devices connected.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Why do so many things have to break every year. Imagine if things just got better and didn't break at all.
moving into new territory brings risk (that sounds like a fortune cookie, lol). how can tech move forward otherwise? there's no 'map' for this, and no way to guarantee that things will get 'better and not break at all'. it just isn't possible...

Reactions: adrianlondon

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
- Safari Tab Group Sync between iOS 15 beta 1 and Monterey don't seem to work
- Photo sync between iOS 15 and Monterey is extremely slow - compared to the production version
- Bartender 4 does not work properly. Menu icons sometimes messed up. Restarting Bartender can solve - until it messes up again. This can be from Monterey not doing proper UI refreshes yet... I see that Finder don't always update what show on the screen either ... a refresh and things show
- Wallpapers from Big Sur don't seem to work
- NordVPN IKE works
NordVPN IKE is broken. It won't connect to any server (times out) and tries to install a Config file and fails. If it's working for you, you may just be lucky. But it's broken for most of us...
I have this feeling because of Apple's new Private Relay, they plan on changing the way VPNs wok on macOS. And of course I have Private Relay turned off because it makes my gigabit internet slow to dial-up speeds...

Now I have tab sync working, I haven't had any issues with that and also all my apps Safari, etc... show a window during app start.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
My Safari tab groups are now starting to sync across devices. Is anyone having trouble with unlocking with Apple Watch on this beta?

shadyman

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2015
I have a question regarding the heating issue with older MB. Currently, I own the 2015 13“ model and when I had installed Big Sur, I faced severe heating issues, then I downgraded to Catalina.

Does anyone have Monterey similar or even same issues on older laptops?

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland

I haven't bothered looking into it but my M1 mini panics when sleeping, so when I wake it up from sleep it's actually restarted with the magic mouse and keyboard disconnected. It has happened twice already so for now I just keep the computer always on and let the display be turned off automatically after 10 minutes or so.

dumiku

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2017
Accra (Ghana)
Can you screenshot ? Mine looks more like Big Sur style on my iMac and MacBook Pro.
It does with some sites, I think with others it takes on the predominant color or the most vivid on the website

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 4.09.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 4.11.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 4.14.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 4.12.56 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 4.22.16 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 4.22.07 PM.png

Reactions: sorgo †
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.