Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

weup togo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2016
Latest - LR6
The GM is the 1st one I believe - away from the system at the moment.

Had this issue since the I first tried beta 7 I believe. Understandable at the time but I would think it would have been addressed in the GM since it has been so obvious and easy to reproduce.

Thanks. I'm still on LR 4.4.1, which doesn't seem to have thta problem. Surprised Apple's compatibility team would screw that up. The current version usually works, if nothing else.

mwoffenden

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
- Mailhub
I'm trying to reach the author. No luck yet.

Worse, the Mail Plugin Manager I installed at one point reports

"The installed version of Mailhub will not be compatible with OS X 10.12. Please update the plugin before updating OS X."​
mailhub.png
There's a link to Dervish Software and NO information whatsoever on their site.

Mr-V

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
Was someone able to test Jetbrains software like IntelliJ, PyCharm, Datagrip?

This bug report seems to indicate there is an issue with IDEA Platform apps:

https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-158500
[doublepost=1474273057][/doublepost]I see ScanSnap Manager is listed as compatible, but Fujitsu themselves note some issues with all ScanSnap devices under Sierra:

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/topics/topics20160914.html

This incompatibility noticed was pushed to ScanSnap users via their software’s auto-update service.

TJCooperGB

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2016
Likely only to apply to very few here however MATLAB (R2016b) has some serious compatibility and memory leak issues. Upon launch, it immediately is using ~1.7GB RAM on my system (latest MBP) - a lot of the interface is also buggy such as being unable to double-click any variable or file to open it (you must right click -> open).

José Almeida

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
Hi,

I also never got a response. I found out the link by trial and error.
And it is working fine in Sierra Gold Master.

"The installed version of Mailhub will not be compatible with OS X 10.12. Please update the plugin before updating OS X."​
View attachment 654602

KurtisJay3

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
I cannot get External Media to Mount properly. iPass Open Mobile crashes. Trend Micro does not work and Fireamp ( Both of these are Antivirus)

Anyone else seeing issues with these as well?

matt3526

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Likely only to apply to very few here however MATLAB (R2016b) has some serious compatibility and memory leak issues. Upon launch, it immediately is using ~1.7GB RAM on my system (latest MBP) - a lot of the interface is also buggy such as being unable to double-click any variable or file to open it (you must right click -> open).

That is very good to know. I use Matlab frequently, so I'll likely wait until a patch comes out before I upgrade. I don't suppose you use Comsol at all do you?

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Does Adobe Photoshop CS6 require an update to the app itself?

Anyone know if the following work properly?
  • Cyberduck
  • Screaming Frog
  • AdWords Editor

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California
I use ScanSnap 2.2L16 which works fine under El Cap even though it's not officially supported. So, I don't use any of the newer ancillary apps like that carminder app. Has anyone tested older versions of scansnap manager by itself?

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I have Parallels 10 and Sierra broke it. Can anyone confirm if 11 works 100 % on Sierra?

EDIT: confirmed that Parallels 11 is working splendidly on Sierra.

Last edited:

wav

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
With the final version of Sierra, is Adobe CS6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) working well? Or should I hope for an update from Adobe?

thepro8

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2009
Got so sick of parallels upgrading each year and charing more for their OS that is such a system hog.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Parallels breaks itself. The software is purposely coded to only support a particular version of OS X, after that they want you to buy an upgrade. Thats why I am not buying Parallels. The competitor's software works great.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
With the final version of Sierra, is Adobe CS6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) working well? Or should I hope for an update from Adobe?
CS6 as I understand it still has dependencies on the Java 6 runtime, which is no longer supported (and will be removed if present when upgrading). So expect some things to be broken.

spacemanspifff

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2010
SPACE
For everyone in design related jobs that are wondering if Adobe CS6 still works on Sierra - I can confirm that Yes it does! I installed Sierra on a USB3 Memory Stick then did a fresh install of CS6 as a test. Note: I only use 'Design Standard' - Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop - so I don't know about any of the other CS6 stuff, sorry. The only issue I had was with Illustrator (as before with El Cap.) you just need to install Apples legacy Java 6 first and then I'd recommend you install Java 8 to get the security updates or perhaps you could try the empty folders trick (Google it) if you prefer, I've not tested that method though and it might be tricky due to Sierras stronger security lockdowns.

Because my new install worked - my guess is that if you just updated your current OS to Sierra you'd have no issues with CS6 working, although you'd still probably need to do the Java shuffle as I imagine that Sierra will remove your existing installs due to them being seen as not compatible. Apple no longer supports Java 6.

I'll try to do this in a few days and update this post, once I check that all my other 'essential' software is working with Sierra.

jcrawford

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2007
Been using the PB for a day now, and so far all my applications work - Except:

Logitech Control V3.93 Doesn't recognize my Logitech Performance MX Mouse (Logitech Unifying Software V1.2.315 works). What this means is that my Logitech Mouse is Recognized, but just the left and right buttons work along with the scroll wheel. None of the other buttons can be programmed Because Unifying Software does not recognize the mouse.
Lou

Well consider yourself lucky... My Performance MX Mouse recognizes the right and left clicks, scroll wheel and the thumb buttons.. What id doesn't recognize is tracking so my cursor will never move :(

ashleykaryl

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
UK

View attachment 654602

Mailhub works but you need to get the latest beta. I found it via their twitter feed eventually and it's working fine for me https://twitter.com/dervishsoftware/status/759996921939390464

Presumably they'll release a final version very soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.