Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Noticed that when returning to the main Forums list, the site ‘forgets’ which sections you’ve collapsed & need to collapse them each time you return to the main list as they’re all expanded.

Can this be fixed?

(I didn’t have this issue on the old site because of the quick access Forums drop down list - I hardly visited the main Forums list page).

Edit...
Well it just remembered the collapsed sections, so I’m not sure if it’s working across the board or if it’s just on Mobile Safari.
Ahh, it’s forgetting minimised Forum categories again fyi.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Like the new look.

Not quite sold on Dark mode, yet (in macOS or the forums), but trying to get used to it... :)

One small thing (in Safari/Desktop): The tiny avatar on the top of the forum pages seems to be squished a bit:

squished.png

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I have the squished avatar as well. It's odd because it's squished on 2 of 3 of my PC's. They're all running the same OS and using Firefox, so I don't know why one of them, last time I checked, displays it properly.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I have the squished avatar as well. It's odd because it's squished on 2 of 3 of my PC's. They're all running the same OS and using Firefox, so I don't know why one of them, last time I checked, displays it properly.
It might be because we have (relatively) long user names. If I "open image in new tab" or make the window smaller (to hide the user name) the avatar is just fine...

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
It might be because we have (relatively) long user names. If I "open image in new tab" or make the window smaller (to hide the user name) the avatar is just fine...
I'm not thinking so. I'm at work on my PC now, same OS, same browser, and same-sized monitor (27") and this PC it looks proper.

But on my laptop, and my home PC, it's squished.
Screenshot_2019-09-23_09-05-15.png

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Is there no longer a way to view all the threads you or another user has started?

Also is the ability to see how many posts you have in each sub-forum gone?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Is there no longer a way to view all the threads you or another user has started?

Also is the ability to see how many posts you have in each sub-forum gone?
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 1.14.56 PM.png

For #1, look here in the member's profile page.

For #2, that is the "Areas" feature and arn mentioned he is looking at adding that back in.

Reactions: Paddle1

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
It seems the header color of some sections is wrong again. It is blue instead of the color of the proper section (red for Macs, purple for iOS, etc)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-09-23 a las 22.25.21.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-09-23 a las 22.25.21.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-09-23 a las 22.25.31.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-09-23 a las 22.25.31.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: arn

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
It seems the header color of some sections is wrong again. It is blue instead of the color of the proper section (red for Macs, purple for iOS, etc)

I have not seen those colors "match" since the upgrade. The header color (text and separator bar) have always been that dusty blue color, regardless of the section color.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I have not seen those colors "match" since the upgrade. The header color (text and separator bar) have always been that dusty blue color, regardless of the section color.
Nah, it was right for a day or two? maybe it was less than a day. It didn't last long xD

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Sorry not sure if this is already reported, but couldn’t see it anywhere. When I exit Safari (i.e. go to the homescreen) whilst browsing the forums on my phone or iPad, when I go back to Safari there’s some bug where half the threads are dark and half light.

My devices both have Dark Mode enabled on iOS 13, but I am forcing the light forum theme.

View attachment 861754

This bug should be fixed.

arn

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Also related to his, is the colours for Apple Watch & Apple TV sections are the same.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Annoying little behavior in iPad-iCab: at random intervals, I get an alert that asks me if I want to download favicon.ico (which, of course, is already in the address bar).

Also, I know this is a reach, but is there a possibility that the forum can recognize png transparency for avatars?

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Also, I know this is a reach, but is there a possibility that the forum can recognize png transparency for avatars?
It does support PNG transparency, however the background behind the image is shaded. Looks nicer in dark mode than it does in light mode.

Only somewhat related, but I'm still using the CSS mod to change the circular avatars to square with rounded corners. Fits much nicer with the other elements of this forum and allows for more creativity than a forced circle shape.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’m noticing frequently since the software update, that when I click on an individual alert (bell top right of page) it frequently jumps to someplace close to the alert location, but I end up having to scroll up or down to find my post that was replied too. In the latest example, it jumped me to a place that was off by 3 replies. This did not happen before the update.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I’m noticing frequently since the software update, that when I click on an individual alert (bell top right of page) it frequently jumps to someplace close to the alert location, but I end up having to scroll up or down to find my post that was replied too. In the latest example, it jumped me to a place that was off by 3 replies. This did not happen before the update.
This in image heavy threads? Does it jump around after you click?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This in image heavy threads? Does it jump around after you click?
As I recall, it would jump to the quoted post momentarily and then instantaneously shift to another position 3 posts away, but so fast you could not see which way it moved.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.