Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
I just ordered the Eco-flip off of ebay, which is basically the same case but the lid hinges vertically. Horizontal propping up didn't look too strong on the Eco-vue so it didn't seem to have any benefit over the flip. The lid folding over the opening that the iPad slides in seems a lot more secure on the flip, and I just like the different look of the vertical flip. I saved $25 ordering off eBay since shipping to Canada is near $30 from marware. I can't wait to get it, along with the pogo sketch stylus I ordered.

SKOTTIEG23

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2008
Anyone had any luck modifying the case to prevent the iPad from sliding out the top? Mines in the mail and this is the one thing that I'm concerned about.

Is there room to put velcro in there? What about double-sided tape?

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
Anyone had any luck modifying the case to prevent the iPad from sliding out the top? Mines in the mail and this is the one thing that I'm concerned about?

I fixed it with a 1/2" Velcro square. Soft side on the back case and gritty side on the strap. Works well...

3GEE

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
I've had the Eco-vu case for about a week now, I really like it. It's simple and elegant. I know there are some very nice cases out there but I'm not prepared to pay big bucks at this time, maybe at a later date.

As for the strap becoming loose, I'm not finding it as big a deal as others but I put a small piece of Velcro on the strap and back, solid as a rock now.

I bought the case on Ebay from a supplier in Ca, they shipped really quick to me in Canada, great service. I'm not going to name the supplier because I've seen their prices fluctuate from $42 ( what i paid) to $139 for the same case.

Well see as time goes by but I'd recommend this case to anyone right now.

redknives

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Seattle, WA USA
I have had mine for weeks; the fabric beading is peeling away from all four corners of the plastic frame surrounding the screen causing the suede material to loosen. Some high quality doublestick tape may do the trick.

Sinthor

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
Bubbles on the hand strap?

Has anyone else seen bubbles form on the leather of this case? (Marware Eco-Vue for iPad).

I've had mine for about a month now and after one week I noticed a small "bubble" (round area where the leather is standing up) on the hand strap part of the unit. Over the past several weeks the number has grown till now there are about 15 total. The case hasn't been exposed to water or weather so my assumption is that these are areas where the glue under the leather is letting go. Just curious though if anyone else is seeing this?

This is by far the best looking and best fitting leather flip case I've seen yet for the iPad but the bubbles detract from the look. Quality is paramount for me and I'm a bit concerned in that regard. Also, it takes away from the professional look of the case quite a bit. Anyway, let me know if you've seen this type of problem too, please!

Thanks!

netteen

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
a real practical ipad case

got one, i think it is simple and nice, and can protect my ipad for daily use.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
No bubbles here. I've had mine for two months now and it looks as good as when I received it. Although it does add considerable weight, I don't mind. I installed a screen protector and a skin on the back for times when I use it out of the case.

SKOTTIEG23

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2008
I received mine about a six weeks ago and right away noticed that the iPad doesnt sit straight. The gray material that holds it in is not sewn straight, cuasing it to look crooked. Very annoying.

I emailed them right away and after a week didnt hear anything. Called and they said they would look into it. Two days later I recieved a shipping notification from Marware. That was June 16. As of this morning I've still not received my replacement. I've emailed three times since June 16 and I've called twice. Everything goes unanswered. I plan on calling Amex later today to file a dispute.

Anyone else had a difficult time with Marware customer service? I love the design of the case. But when I open it up to reveal the iPad it looks very cheap and non-professional.

dingmah

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2006
AB
Marware Eco-Flip Bowing

I've had my Eco-Flip for about 2.5 weeks now, and the cover is bowing due to the strap tension. Not an issue for me, but I thought others might want to know. I still think that this is the best iPad case out there!

4854136267_0fafb9e3b2.jpg

4854142467_6476b212c3.jpg

4854769134_57b35b63f2.jpg

~Phi

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
chicago
I received mine a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. I like the materials used and love the flip-out stand. Since I received mine, its just been sitting on my coffee table propped up at the perfect angle. I'd highly recommend it.

dwykstra

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
loved this when I first bought it, but now with time, I've experienced the bowing shown above, also the iPad is very loose in the case as the material has stretched out. Looking for other cases currently.

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
loved this when I first bought it, but now with time, I've experienced the bowing shown above, also the iPad is very loose in the case as the material has stretched out. Looking for other cases currently.

Can anyone else give me a follow up about their Eco Vue?? I'm thinking about getting one, but I want it to keep functioning in the long run. Since it's been months for most of you since you got this case, can you please report back how all the issues are doing? Has your leather stretched? Is the flap and hand strap even looser now?? Hows the stitching holding up?? Thanks for your replies!! :)

mye

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2010
Can anyone else give me a follow up about their Eco Vue?? I'm thinking about getting one, but I want it to keep functioning in the long run. Since it's been months for most of you since you got this case, can you please report back how all the issues are doing? Has your leather stretched? Is the flap and hand strap even looser now?? Hows the stitching holding up?? Thanks for your replies!! :)

Apart from the obvious bowing, mine still looks great: leather, stitching, no fraying. But the bowing itself is enough of a reason to stay away from this case. If you're still looking and open to other cases, skip this one.

There is zero contact between the flap, the back of the case, and my iPad - if I turn it over, it falls out immediately. I attached a piece of velcro (just the scratchy side, as it doesn't touch the iPad and was stiffer than the soft side) to the flap that holds the iPad in place, and it's much more secure. But I only did this because I haven't been impressed by any of the other cases I've seen... so I want to make this one work as long as I can.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I know I'm late to the party, but I just got my 32gb 3G iPad last Sunday for my birthday.

Today the Marware Ecovue came in and I absolutely love it. I noticed that maybe they've had a new revision since the originals? I watched a lot of YouTube reviews on the Ecovue and the strap that holds the iPad in is about 4 times wider than the original strap now.

Here's a pic:
ecovue.jpg

I'm really impressed with the case, but we'll see how it holds up over three or four months. It's quite sturdy and I like how it fits the naked (well, with Ghost Armor) iPad firmly. If it loosens up over time it still looks to be a great fit.

netteen

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Anyone had any luck modifying the case to prevent the iPad from sliding out the top? Mines in the mail and this is the one thing that I'm concerned about.

no problem at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.