Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
I find myself my BeatsX work perfectly for running with the ear hooks on, which I just leave on all the time now.
I bought some BeatsX.

Great earphones although don't work that well with iOS11 (yet!).

OMG! How difficult are those ear hooks to remove once they are on? I put one on wonky and then decided to remove it. It's such an unbelievably tight fit. Took me ages to remove it!

Love the double flange earphone plugs :)

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
I bought some BeatsX.

Great earphones although don't work that well with iOS11 (yet!).

OMG! How difficult are those ear hooks to remove once they are on? I put one on wonky and then decided to remove it. It's such an unbelievably tight fit. Took me ages to remove it!

Love the double flange earphone plugs :)

Everyone says they're hard to remove, I didn't find them that hard not sure why my technique differs (that's what she said etc etc )

I can't get on with the flanged plugs - why do you like them - not sure what I'm missing!

Also... mine behaved with iOS 11? But since have downgraded to 10.3.3 on all devices. (Had watchOS4 too on a series 0... but "upgraded" yesterday to a 42mm series 2)

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Everyone says they're hard to remove, I didn't find them that hard not sure why my technique differs (that's what she said etc etc )

I can't get on with the flanged plugs - why do you like them - not sure what I'm missing!

Also... mine behaved with iOS 11? But since have downgraded to 10.3.3 on all devices. (Had watchOS4 too on a series 0... but "upgraded" yesterday to a 42mm series 2)

They are impossible to remove. Maybe you got a pair that were made slightly bigger.

Flanged seal and provide greater isolation. I loved my Etyomtic ETY-8 for that very reason. Best bluetooth earphones ever, just looked weird.

I can pair with iOS 11 ok, but had to do it on any device I wanted to use them with. They just didn't show up in the iCloud. Reported it as a bug.

Shawn9987

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2016
How can you tell which cheap pair will work? Bought some off eBay that work with iPhone but don't connect to the Watch?

unlike some people, with sarcastic responses, that really don't help at all. Only thing you can do is, resort buying them in store paying more. You buy online you cannot get advice from a physical person, other then store your only option is read reviews youtube reviews etc.

batiepatterson

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2017
Which BT Headphones do you use for running....?

According to many reviews Jaybird Bluebuds are one of the best.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=jaybird

jb_bbx_7.jpg

Any similar priced suggestions?... or some more bargain options?

I think you should go with bose soundsports earphones they are the best available in the market. Great sound Quality and won't be a mess while running because they are worn from behind you neck. So these In Ear Headphones won't be hanging around in front of you!! You can get some great choices from here: 10beasts.com/best-wireless-earbuds/ and www.2kreviews.com/best-earbuds/

Reactions: DJTaurus

drgn_xiv

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2017
I am using the one from Sony. Along with superior sound quality, it features the noise cancellation technology which is extremely awesome.

Which model Sony did you get? I love sony headphones they tend to have good quality sounds. Thanks

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
Can't recommend the BeatsX anymore, they're cheap as hell

So I watched someone on YouTube , and he said he's replaced his Solo 3's a few times and they look perfectly fine they stop working! He then says he wish he had purchased Bose and he's going to. After watching the video I got on the defensive a little bit and tried to persuade the guy to keep the Solo's, they're a Beats product after all so they're under Apple, and I love Apple (yes this is a mess I'm so sorry)

But no, he was probably right... I've been using the BeatsX since late April, and a month and a half ago I had to replace them, the left ear had no sound so Apple replaced them. I said alright, it was annoying to not have them but whatever I was happy when they got back

So tonight the left ear is messed up! It either plays no sound or it's quiet, and I have to touch the earphone to get it to work, and then it stops eventually, kind of like a lose wire on a gaming headset (yes I did fully reset and try a new phone)

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
has anyone tried these? they just had a major price drop.

Attachments

• 41CB94C3-8E9C-476C-AD17-4C2B39365898.png
    41CB94C3-8E9C-476C-AD17-4C2B39365898.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 492

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012

markl9

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
London, UK
I agree with the Taotronics recommendation great value for money, I use them on my commute, running etc and they’ve never let me down.

Reactions: DJTaurus

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Guys what's the general consensus on BeatsX?

I want something that can handle sweat and has a really strong connection to the Apple watch. Something that won't drop out in high winds for example. I like the neck strap design of them too and they seem to go quite cheaply here on eBay in the UK..

Just got my Apple watch today and it hit me how much I really want to use it as my main music player all day, so really need to pick something quickly.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Guys what's the general consensus on BeatsX?

I want something that can handle sweat and has a really strong connection to the Apple watch. Something that won't drop out in high winds for example. I like the neck strap design of them too and they seem to go quite cheaply here on eBay in the UK..

Just got my Apple watch today and it hit me how much I really want to use it as my main music player all day, so really need to pick something quickly.
Technically the beatsx are not water and sweatproof I think. You need the powerbeats for truly protecting from sweat/water.

Reactions: ZebraDude

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Technically the beatsx are not water and sweatproof I think. You need the powerbeats for truly protecting from sweat/water.

Just had a look at the powerbeats 3 reviews on Apple's website.. truly horrendous! Can they really be that bad? People saying they break down if you sweat on them within a month.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Just had a look at the powerbeats 3 reviews on Apple's website.. truly horrendous! Can they really be that bad? People saying they break down if you sweat on them within a month.

I'm just saying technically. Unless you're swimming or literally sweating buckets I'd really recommend airpods. I'm a heavy sweater but not really in my ears so I'm not worries. They'll be fine.

cfclay

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2015
Little Rock
I read reviews that the AirPods were excellent at voice recognition. Any users out there care to comment?

Also, I wonder about the delay that I experience using Bluetooth devices and voice recognition. For example, if I’m using my current wireless earbuds- we’ll, first of all, I can’t press any button on the earbuds and get Siri to work. But if I press the microphone on the keyboard to speak to text into a message... there is 3-4 second delay before speech recognition starts. Is it like this with all Bluetooth devices, even AirPods?

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
I would suspect they are either faulty or abused, maybe used in the gym for hours at a time and never wiped or cleaned EVER!

I have a pair, still look like new, work perfect, sweat, no sweat. Really great headphones. Sound awesome too.

Reactions: yegon

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.

I couldn't get them to stay in my ears. I love the AirPods, but am concerned about them being ruined with sweat.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I would suspect they are either faulty or abused, maybe used in the gym for hours at a time and never wiped or cleaned EVER!

I have a pair, still look like new, work perfect, sweat, no sweat. Really great headphones. Sound awesome too.

Same. Had mine since they first were released. Used at least 4 or 5 times a week at the gym. I sweat like a pregnant nun, still work perfectly.

I’ve never had a lightning cable go bad either. I swear some people yank cables or deliberately put pressure on the joint

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Same. Had mine since they first were released. Used at least 4 or 5 times a week at the gym. I sweat like a pregnant nun, still work perfectly.

I’ve never had a lightning cable go bad either. I swear some people yank cables or deliberately put pressure on the joint

Agreed! Really good dual driver earphones that don't sound thumpy and ridiculous (the 1st gen Beats sounded awful) these sound pretty awesome! Very well tuned!

PPCmike

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2012
Most people prefer earbuds for running but i really like headphones! I use the The Parrot Zik 2.0 Wireless Headphones by Philippe Starck. But if you are a dedicated runner like me you like to see as many reviews as possible before purchasing. I always read http://topproducts.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-wireless-headphone.htm before buying most stuff... their reviews are really honest!
For whatever reason I cannot use earphone with the silicone plugs they will not stay in my ears at all i tried the small size and the large size tips.. it sucks big time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.