Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
are there any real benefits?
If you do something that benefits from 10 bpc, yes.

is it actually usable at this resolution (mean is the display not blurry running on non-native resolution)?
The MateView stretches that resolution to fill the screen. Whether the blurriness caused by that is noticeable or annoying is 100% subjective.

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
I was wondering to buy or not this display for my futur Mac mini but I want a display for my PS5 too and that Huawei monitor is not really good with these black bars

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
In the UK, I bought one in April for £400 and one in late May for £500 (both including 20% tax) and the Amazon price is currently back down to £449 (RRP is supposedly £600)

So (a) how good a deal this display is depends on where you live and (b) if you don't like the price, wait a while.

I'd say it was a no-brainer at £400, still pretty good at £500 and, at £600, becomes a case of how much you want the (nearly unique) 3:2 4k+ @ 28.2" display format.
I paid full price for my Hauwei but that’s because I got it when it launched, it’s when my workplace was asking all equipment bar laptops to be returned and if you want to work from home you had to provide your own equipment, so I split purged on the monitor, a decent mechanical keyboard and Logitech MX Master mouse, figured as I’ll be using them for 8 hours plus a day during the week it was worth the investment. Better than the equipment work provides.
The only other monitor I’ve seen I like is the new curved 48” LG OLED, but that’s a tad more expensive lol.

I did pick up on something someone said in a thread on here, and that’s thermal throttling, it will be interesting to see if the new Mac Mini M2 Pro suffers from test or not, the Studio as I understand does not.

Drummetto97

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2023
Sorry for the question, i've attached this monitor to my m1 mac mini, first fantastic thing, I apparently solved my flickering problems, but i have one problem, by hdmi i've only 50hz, seeing the posts in this thread it's apparently normal this cause the 2.0 hdmi support of the monitor.

Now I've a question, can i buy this cable to solve and go up to 60hz mainteining hdpi? I attach. the link here

it's not thunderbolt cable, I read also on this thread that this isn't a thunderbolt monitor, so can it drive my m1 mac mini to full resolution and 60hz?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry for the question, i've attached this monitor to my m1 mac mini, first fantastic thing, I apparently solved my flickering problems, but i have one problem, by hdmi i've only 50hz, seeing the posts in this thread it's apparently normal this cause the 2.0 hdmi support of the monitor.

Now I've a question, can i buy this cable to solve and go up to 60hz mainteining hdpi? I attach. the link here

it's not thunderbolt cable, I read also on this thread that this isn't a thunderbolt monitor, so can it drive my m1 mac mini to full resolution and 60hz?

Yes, such a USB4 cable should work fine to get 60 Hz at full resolution.

Your English is pretty good actually.

Reactions: Drummetto97

dolf

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010

Didn’t your Mateview come with a USB-C cable? I’ve been using that with my Mac mini without issue.

I posted a while back in this thread, and finally got around to ordering one when the Mac mini pro was released. Overall, I am very happy with it. I have a few little nags, but nothing serious…especially for the price.

I was expecting the ports being on the side of the monitor stand to drive me crazy, but I keep the monitor low enough that I don’t notice it at all…

Reactions: EugW

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Didn’t your Mateview come with a USB-C cable? I’ve been using that with my Mac mini without issue.
Good point. Mine came with one, and that's the one I'm using too.

Rembihnutur

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2022
Hey everyone. Is the MateView still available in your country? In Germany it's not available anymore on the HUAWEI Website an basically no other shop has it in stock. Was it discontinued?

Last edited:

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone. Is the MateView still available in your country? In Germany it's not available anymore on the HUAWEI Website a basically no other shop has it in stock. Was it discontinued?
It's still available here in Canada.

Note that in Canada, I don't think they released the version with WiFi support. Mine does not have WiFi, and I have never seen the WiFi version for sale here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.