Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tornadowrangler

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2020
Who in their right mind would want to watch a movie on an iPad? There’s not even a comparison there. And why is the mount hood environment any dif than the others?
Some people like to watch movies for the content of the movie, in which case it doesn't really matter what we watch it on. For some, convenience is the biggest factor in what the movie is watched on. I've watched plenty of movies on my phone and I remember them the same as movies I saw on in the theater.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Some people like to watch movies for the content of the movie, in which case it doesn't really matter what we watch it on. For some, convenience is the biggest factor in what the movie is watched on. I've watched plenty of movies on my phone and I remember them the same as movies I saw on in the theater.
I have a job where i get alot of free time. I watch ALOT of content at work on my 12.9 inch ipad so idk why everyone is acting like the only way to watch things is on a $3500 VR headset

Or those videos of people cooking with the Vision Pro like “wowwww i can watch a YouTube video of cooking. While i cook!” Cool? But it’s not like i can’t put my iPad Pro next to the stove and do the exact same thing and control it with my voice and airpods. “Pause. Play.fast forward 1 minute”. I think Vision will be cool a few generations from now

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I feel like the virtual environment is to video what noise cancelling on the AirPods Pro 2nd gen is to audio. I used to work in a building that overlooked Times Square. So much visual noise (moving video billboards, bright lights, etc.). Having the ability to block that out the same way I could block out office noise with noise canceling headphones would have been great.

I specified the 2nd gen AirPods Pro because of the conversation detection feature. You can have noise cancelling on, but, as soon as you start talking to someone, it switches to transparency mode (then switches back when you’re done). I found that the Vision Pro was pretty sensitive about detecting conversation. I turned around behind me during the demo while the immersive backdrop was turned up all the way, and I happened to look at an Apple Store employee helping someone else out. The Vision Pro decided that that was sufficient to reduce the immersion and show him to me.
Thats cool… i’ve never watched movies in a room full of people lol. I’m doing that at home alone

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Except for the glare/bloom that's inherent to the pancake lenses, and the dimness of the display.

I generally can eliminate or minimize it. But the immersive experience is much more valuable to me than the possibility of a little glare.

but even with the glare it blows the socks off of my LG OLED TV (which, to be fair is a few years old at this point, but still). Like they are not in the same universe - AVP is significantly better.

Agree.

the LG OLED TVs are also too dim,

I find in some cases my older C8 is too bright with HDR material.

Reactions: fatTribble
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.