Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
Giants did not win the 2002 World Series. It still sticks in my craw after all these years. Bonds was absolutely magnificent, but the Giants' bullpen wasn't.
That is what @pachyderm was saying. He went to one WS.

And SAME! Also stupid move by Dusty Baker

I think cherished, and beloved, forum member @Rafterman misunderstood the assignment... 😜

I believe @Gregg2 was asking for great players who never got to go to the WS...

Reactions: pachyderm

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Post #31 started the "World Series never" discussion, and nominated Mike Trout as the best of his generation to never win one. I nominated Ernie Banks, and noted that he had never seen one, meaning he never played in one. Of course, you can't win if you don't play. Responses nominating players who never won a World Series ring were totally legit. Hope that clears up any confusion. Sorry.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
While not specifically related to MLB, consider me intrigued...

Hopefully, they'll roll out support for this years season soon but the lack of live activities is kind of a bummer.
I downloaded it but No NFL on there or college football ?

Or is it not showing them because it is their offseason ?

Reactions: Don Quixote

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
While I'm not looking forward to having the Dodgers shoved down my throat this season, I am looking forward to baseball in general. There is a calming aspect to just watching a game, especially on Sunday Afternoon.
If the weather isn't hot as balls outside, I'll sit on my patio, turn on the audio feed to whatever Red Sox game is playing that day and just listen to the game as I watch the clouds above, hear the birds, feel the breeze and maybe have a cold drink.

Complete and utter relaxation...until the Red Sox do something stupid and blow it but...one thing at a time lol.

• Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Also, we have our first MLB Baseball game of the year 🤤. I dont care if it's just spring training!

IMG_4448.PNG

Reactions: Rafterman

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
If the weather isn't hot as balls outside, I'll sit on my patio, turn on the audio feed to whatever Red Sox game is playing that day and just listen to the game as I watch the clouds above, hear the birds, feel the breeze and maybe have a cold drink.

Complete and utter relaxation...until the Red Sox do something stupid and blow it but...one thing at a time lol.
You would also make a good Giants fan... lol.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
I didn't want the Giants to sign Chapman, but it's not a bad deal at all, certainly not a big enough financial commitment to preclude them from signing another pitcher. Will be curious to see what happens to JD Davis now: platoon at 1B, or trade?

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I didn't want the Giants to sign Chapman, but it's not a bad deal at all, certainly not a big enough financial commitment to preclude them from signing another pitcher. Will be curious to see what happens to JD Davis now: platoon at 1B, or trade?
I could live without him and Wade Jr

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That looks more fantasy then fact. I just don't see that team willing to spend the money to make that design come to reality.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
The issue I have is they really didn't do much in the offseason. So yeah, things like this actually hurt more since they don't have much depth

Boston Red Sox Executives Continue to Anger Fans with Offseason Comments, Actions
Yeah the Red Sox FO is completely and intentionally tone deaf this year. They wanted the fans to eat up every word they said this offseason, especially with the whole "Full Throttle" statement. The problem is that they didn't count on fans being smarter than they are and reading between the lines or seeing past the smoke screen. But they also dont care either so I have a feeling, this year will be a wash.

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Bold of ownership to assume that they have any A's fans left that will fill that monstrosity. I wont deny that the coliseum in Oakland is nothing to write home about but what they're imagining in Vegas is a total pipe dream.
Pretty sure they'll get fans its Vegas Jus like Hockey people will show up, to check it out

Reactions: Herdfan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.