Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Got this automatic popup in Dynamic Island-

IMG_0695.jpeg

Love this time of year. And I'm glad we'll get automatic updates in the lock screen and the status bar.

Reactions: pachyderm

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Download the Apple "Sports" app and pick your favorite teams.
It was happening to me with Knicks games before Apple released the sports app.

It started happening after I updated to either iOS 17.1 or 17.2, I forget. Maybe even 17.3 beta.

Edit: I just verified from my past posts, it started happening after I installed iOS 17.2 beta 1

Last edited:

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
Saw this in a tweet:

Season started 72 hours ago and we already have a betting scandal, fan boycotts, ejections and 3 bench clearing incidents.

This season is going to absolutely rule.

🤣

Reactions: Rafterman

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Does anybody have MLB.tv subscription? im thinking about ordering it to see the Angels games since im out in Nevada an don't get to many games unless they're on ESPN etc, so i was wondering if its really worth the 150 a year

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
Does anybody have MLB.tv subscription? im thinking about ordering it to see the Angels games since im out in Nevada an don't get to many games unless they're on ESPN etc, so i was wondering if its really worth the 150 a year
I have one, but I can’t really speak to its value as I get mine free from T-Mobile. You’ll get access to most games except those that are blacked out in your area for various reasons, like games broadcast on Sunday Night Baseball, for example.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I used to have it and it was a pain in the ***.

It didn't like me using it on my iMac, TV, and iPhone... I could only login on iMac... aggravating.

• Wow
Reactions: Don Quixote

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I have it, but also get it for free. I'm a Cubs fan living in Milwaukee, so when the Cubs are here, I have to watch the Brewers broadcast on regular TV, or wait until the next day. On MLB.tv, you can choose which team's broadcast crew you want to watch. I really like the game recaps, two versions: one shows the at bats for each team in the first, then scoring highlights or "top plays" in the rest of the game, and the shorter one (usually about 3 minutes) omits the first inning if there was no scoring, etc.

Value is a personal thing. I'm used to having it, so if I had to pay for it, I'd probably do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.