Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Huge annoyance, but "Sample Rate" isn't populated for any Lossless tracks, which is ironically stupid since Sample Rate is their important feature. Only older AAC/MP3 tracks have their sample rate published.

Would be nice to know in Songs view which tracks are 16 or 24 bit, and which are 44.1k or those higher

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.24.31 PM.png

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
The custom scrollbars in the Songs view have been replaced with the standard macOS scrollbars.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Bug?

This is confusing/concerning me because at first I thought I was losing tons of my artwork. When I go into get info, for many albums and tracks, either entire albums or individual tracks show no album art available.

However, when I download the AAC and check the file itself, its embedded no problem

Is this a glitch in Music or is something else going on?

example:

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 1.01.33 PM.png

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
God, it really pisses me off that they got rid of Automatic Downloads for iTunes Store purchases within Music. Apparently that feature is reserved for Apple Music subscribers on the Mac.

And you still can’t buy complete shows in the iTunes Store on the Mac - only on an iPhone or iPad. I know that more and more people are streaming and have moved away from content purchases and ‘ownership’ but man, Apple is really just making content purchases such a ****** experience that people are basically strong-armed into taking the streaming route.

DICK_CHENEY

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2021
It legitimately feels like this app has been abandoned.

As soon as Foobar for Mac can support Scrobbling, I'm out. It should not be so cumbersome to do so many of the basic things that the Music app struggles to do.

• Sad
Reactions: tomtad and Lvivske

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
In Monterey, are there still issues with play counts syncing from devices? Ever since Big Sur was release this has been an issue with the Music app. I'm hoping I can restore my music play counts.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
New issue / bug that appeared after using Airplay to an apple tv for the first time

once back on my desktop just trying to play off my speakers (and other wired outputs) every - single - HLS file got...corrupted? They wouldnt play, just auto skip to the next available track or get stuck at 0:00

This was only for matched Lossless files that were downloaded to my M1 Air's drive. Local lossless files I ripped and uploaded were fine, and all AAC matches were fine.

So yeah, had to remove and re-download every single Lossless Apple Music file I had. New downloads are fine, but for how long I dont know...lol

RednBlue

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2013
Reading UK
Something I haven't noticed before - in the latest version of Apple Music (Monterey Beta12) my some of my played list 'stars' are red, others black. As far as I can remember they have always previously just been black. Is this something new or am I losing my marbles?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 08.38.05.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 08.38.05.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 95

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
Something I haven't noticed before - in the latest version of Apple Music (Monterey Beta12) my some of my played list 'stars' are red, others black. As far as I can remember they have always previously just been black. Is this something new or am I losing my marbles?

Maybe one of those colors means album rating?

Reactions: Lvivske

rishi.talreja

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2014
Mumbai, India
From what I remember from the iTunes days, there used to be stars (explicit rating) and hollow stars (implicit). The latter was set on all tracks without any explicit rating but the album had a rating which they sort of inherited. My guess would be it’s those. You can confirm by giving them a rating or checking if their albums are rated.

MoJoRo

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2017
I'm late to the party. Running Music 1.1.5.74 on Big Sur.

I have Music fullscreen in it's own space, and the miniplayer assigned to All Desktops. But it broke sometime recently, MiniPlayer only shows up on a single desktop. Does anyone know a fix for this?

MoJoRo

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2017
Actually it's even worse... if I swipe between spaces, the miniplayer follows; but if I Cmd-Tab to an app in a different space, the miniplayer does NOT follow...

Reactions: Lvivske

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
But they fixed the unaligned play/stop button in the album view. You can't have everything aligned properly in life ;)

agnusz

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2019
At this point they should bring iTunes back or at least make albums view in Music like it was in iTunes. Overall Music app is such a mess and it's been 3 years with no improvements since the release:(

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
At this point they should bring iTunes back or at least make albums view in Music like it was in iTunes. Overall Music app is such a mess and it's been 3 years with no improvements since the release:(

Isn't Music.app just iTunes with a new name and some stuff (like iPhone sync) removed? I don't think it's a full rewrite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.