Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Isn't Music.app just iTunes with a new name and some stuff (like iPhone sync) removed? I don't think it's a full rewrite.
Not a full re-write, but stripped to its functional core with a lot redone and even more removed from music functionality

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Which is a good thing

which could be good or bad

which is just bad
giphy.gif

singbluesilver20

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2021
Is anyone else experiencing Safari showing "open tabs" on other devices that are weeks/months old? I pretty regularly clear all history so it's surprising to see some of these very old website visits still in my browser....

TonyM42

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2015
Reading UK
For no apparent reason that I can think of, my Apple Music has stopped logging tracks after they are played on my MacBook Pro…..Not aware that I’ve changed anything.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
For no apparent reason that I can think of, my Apple Music has stopped logging tracks after they are played on my MacBook Pro…..Not aware that I’ve changed anything.
That has happened quite often under Big Sur, it actually got worse and worse, and was a direct case why I upgraded to Monterey, to see if that would stop happening.

Didn't improve with the Beta 1, but - touch wood - it looks like it's mostly fixed in the Beta 2.

timshundo

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I get heavy audio glitches when streaming music to a homepod and playing through my computers internal speakers at the same time, anyone else?

sweetguy2010

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2021
Don't use it. It's of dubious real value and can really screw up your Mac. Monterey data structures have changed. This is why bona fide (free) tools like Onyx refuse to work on the new system.

Thanx bro
Can you recommend other apps like it ?
Coz I need to clean junk files

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
From the other Music bug thread:

Upgraded to Monterey beta 3.

Still experience the bug where the play indicator freezes at the beginning of a song, then that song and the next will play, but then everything just stops.

One observation thought: This happens mostly when playing music over Airplay to my receiver, but when I use Bluetooth to play - to the same receiver that I normally use Airplay to - it rarely (if ever) happens.

Reactions: ErikGrim

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Thanx bro
Can you recommend other apps like it ?
Coz I need to clean junk files

Have you tried the Storage Tab ? It is a great tool for drilling down to find where large files are / and clearing space on the drive - click on the manage button for options and then the "Reduce Clutter" button - "Review Files"

Might be worth a try?

storage-tab.png

reduce-clutter.png

Reactions: TonyM42

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Ever since beta 3, I have not been able to install ios 15 on any of my devices using the ipsw. Keep getting error 3014. I can install the software using my work PC but no luck on my mac. Not sure what to make of it.

Also, every time I login to the devloper portal it makes me use 2fa. It never "remembers" my device. Annoying.

Edit: Wrong thread. Didn't see the "music" part at the begining of the title. My bad.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.