Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fishcharlie

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2017
Denver, CO
Anyone else running into an issue where mp3 files you add to iTunes won't sync with the iCloud Music Library and therefore aren't accessible from other devices automatically? The Cloud Status is stuck on "Waiting".

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
Anyone else running into an issue where mp3 files you add to iTunes won't sync with the iCloud Music Library and therefore aren't accessible from other devices automatically? The Cloud Status is stuck on "Waiting".

I have this problem on Big Sur 11.5.1 with iTunes match

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Try manually syncing your library. Mine often gets stuck or just stops without finishing

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
Try manually syncing your library. Mine often gets stuck or just stops without finishing

I tried that on Big Sur 11.5.1, but it doesn't help.
As this is an issue in Big Sur and Monterey I think it's a server side problem.

Mr. 123

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2016
Is it still not possible to sort by year in playlists when in album view? On Big Sur the standard behavior in a playlist with album view enabled is by artist or album name.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I'm beginning to suspect that some of my biggest issues with Apple Music - the various glitches in playback over Airplay - is not really and issue with Apple Music, or at least not only an issue with Apple Music, but might be caused by my amplifier (receiver, or what ever you want to call it).

Much of the issues started (or got worse) when I purchased a new amp earlier this year, a Bluesound Powernode 2i (there'a a whole thread about that purchase, and the amps I considered, somewhere). After some (more than extensive googling) I now see that there are more people who have issues with Bluesound (and other BlueOS products from NAD) and Airplay.

So, while there are other glitches with Apple Music, my main beef might be with NAD. :(

Maybe I should sell it and go for that expensive Lyndgorf TDAI-1120, after all... ;)

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Thanx bro
Can you recommend other apps like it ?
Coz I need to clean junk files
Clearing junk files too often can shorten your Mac SSD’s lifespan because of potential unnecessary write. Leave the junk files there unless space is a massive concern for you all the time.

nico887

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2018
Paris, France
Hello,

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Following the recent iTunes Match issues - that is now resolved - I have discovered a new bug that is likely linked to iTunes Match : All tracks that are in status "matched" - that have been matched prior to his outage - are now not playable any more.

They play well during about 12 to 15 seconds, then the sound is suddenly inaudible as it is chopped and metallic. And it skips to the next track. This is happening with all matched tracks with lossless music tracks only. AAC works normally.

This is happening within Music for Mac OS (Music 1.1.6.37 Big Sur) as well as Music for iPhone and iPad. (14.7.1)

Several forum members reported the problems and we are investigating a workaround.

Can you confirm that this bug has been resolved with the latest Music App in Monterey Betas ? Or is it still present ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Apple Music paying customers using iTunes on Windows:
- Doesnt support Lossless
- Doesnt support ATMOS
- Doesnt support Hardware acceleration
- Hasnt had a UI update in 6 years

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
One improvement I hope they will make next year is to replace the Apple Music web views with some native views. They did it this year in the TV app, and now it uses half the memory it used before.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Downloaded it, its pixelated, doesnt have hardware acceleration, doesnt have lossless, and doesnt have ATMOS.
AKA.. doesnt fix any of the issues of the Actual iTunes :/
saying it doesnt fix issues with the current iTunes just isnt true

its 4k, runs smooth (it has hardware accerlation), incorporates a ton of Musics features that iTunes doesnt have...

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
saying it doesnt fix issues with the current iTunes just isnt true

its 4k, runs smooth (it has hardware accerlation), incorporates a ton of Musics features that iTunes doesnt have...
It doesn't look optimized for 4k?

And it isn't very smooth on mine, it reminds me of scrolling Netflix.. like everything is being streamed.

Do I have a dud version?

Specs: RTX 2080 Super, i7 9700k, 1TB Samsung SSD, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 ram

matt_and_187_like_this

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
- Can't add work and movement for a single track
- Grouping of work looks odd compared to Apple Music in browser or previous versions of iTunes (no spacing, no indention, font sizing off)

Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
- Can't add work and movement for a single track
- Grouping of work looks odd compared to Apple Music in browser or previous versions of iTunes (no spacing, no indention, font sizing off)

Yeah - same here ? - that is disappointing for Classical Tracks - look like apple has taken away the support of those fields and just shows everything in the Track "Title"

I tried to show "work" and it shows but is greyed out and cannot be edited or displayed - another feature that does not work for local libraries ? especially those of us that like to tinker with "more detailed info" on Classical Tracks - for example Movement # and Names

iTunes did a pretty good job with Classical track info - see screen shots

will add this to the "Missing Features" on page 1

Screenshot Monterey
monterey-classical info .png

Screenshot Mojave
mojave-classical-info.png

Last edited:

matt_and_187_like_this

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
Yeah - same here ? - that is disappointing for Classical Tracks - look like apple has taken away the support of those fields and just shows everything in the Track "Title"

I tried to show "work" and it shows but is greyed out and cannot be edited or displayed - another feature that does not work for local libraries ? especially those of us that like to tinker with "more detailed info" on Classical Tracks - for example Movement # and Names

iTunes did a pretty good job with Classical track info - see screen shots

will add this to the "Missing Features" on page 1

View attachment 1824905

View attachment 1824906

It still works when you select multiple tracks. But the process isn't very intuitive. See image what I was able to achieve vs. what it looks like on Apple Music in the browser.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 16.59.43.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 16.59.43.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 17.00.52.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 17.00.52.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I see that you can enable them - but I could not edit them or update / personalize each track work info or names?

and for sure not very intuitive - almost a "Hidden Feature" - LOL

Maybe it is an "Easter Egg"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.