Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctnguye3

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
Well I went to the AT&T store earlier today, and told the AT&T employee to check my status online to see if I was eligible for the iPhone discount price. She told me I wasn't eligible but it could change by Friday morning and I should come back when the iPhone launches, I ask her was there anyway to check it now because I didn't want to wake up early morning for nothing, guess what the b@t$h said..."chill out bro, its only a phone, it'll still be here when you come by tomorrow"...I said thank you and walked out :mad:

EDIT: I just check online again and my status went back to eligible! :) I hope it doesn't change back again, I will definitely be buying it from the Apple store though.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Just woke up, and I had to skip 4 pages from where I left reading last night. But I'm one that used the loophole yesterday and now my account is back to saying I'm eligible. Though, my data section is still on the fritz.

Only thing I did was send an e-mail yesterday, which they probably haven't got to yet. I hope it doesn't make them suspicious of me when they do get to it.

I've printed and captured the pages just in case.

alejovh1

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2008
Haha, I got a similar comment from the CS; after being on hold for 30 minutes waiting for an answer she comes back and says "its just a phone anyway and its no different than the one you have":mad:

CAlleman

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Woot! Mine changed back as well!!!!!

Hopefully this will all be sorted out for tomorrow or they are going to have a PR nightmare on their hands.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Wow.. mine changed back as well. Lets all hope that it doesnt go back again.

I wonder what's going on with at&t and their system.

luckychild

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
they change me back too this...................This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment. ................. so should i be ok

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
the interesting fact I found out about all this is that every time you check your eligibility status online, it gets recorded to your account. This is how the CSR was able to verify that I was telling the truth that my account was eligible until the 8th when it suddenly switched over to ineligible.

hcoteen2008

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
Texas
the interesting fact I found out about all this is that every time you check your eligibility status online, it gets recorded to your account. This is how the CSR was able to verify that I was telling the truth that my account was eligible until the 8th when it suddenly switched over to ineligible.

This is when "Big Brother" is watching us, helps us. (I really didnt know how to word it. Lol)

esvienne

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
an update

I wandered over to the ATT store where I bought my iphone before, after I talked to the CSR on the phone. The store also said that I am eligible, AND (just to confirm) he said that even with a family plan, another person has to be in line with you, you're not allowed to buy two even if it's for your own family plan. Luckily my boyfriend is the one on my plan so he'll be joining me :) I got the guys card too... in case ATT tries to pull some funny business in the morning.

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
AT&T has taken down the whole myWireless service.

When I hit log in, it gives me a message. Hopefully there's no more changed!:mad:

EDIT: Nvm, I guess it's back online.

iphoneenvy

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Special circumstance with I-phone elgibility, please advice

I almost died after waiting for 8hours at the Apple store to be told I was not going to be able to get the Iphone at the discounted price.

I waited a year to get the phone and now my only options are to buy it at full price. it seems that i became uneligible when I had to get a replacement phone out of an emergency that was created by ATT.

ATT was doing a major upgrade in Hawaii; I had no network service after 3 days of a 10 day solo trip. After spending endless hours with useless CSRs I was told I would need a new phone. My old phone was working fine. It seemed that they dropped me off their radar when they did a network upgrade (not my fault). So from going on a no contract basis to contract basis, locked in for 2 years, buying the cheapest Nokia (no bells and whistles) i was able to get this saga over with on vacation. I do not consider this equipment upgrade, I consider this an emergency situation and obtaining a replacement.

Spoke to ATT a week ago, told them that i want to get an Iphone, their response, no worries you can get one you are eligible. Waiting in line yesterday and after speaking with a CSR for an hour. They were not able to help me.

I have been holding out for an iphone for a year now so you can imagine how awful it was to not get it. It seems I used my equipment upgrade. And to make things worse they suggested if I badly wanted the iphone for 199$ could add an extra line on it as a family plan! WHY? I live alone.... m

My elgibility seems to be on June/2009.

Can anyone recommend what I must do to get one soon... (ebay is not an option, the phones are going for a high thousands)!

I feel very miffed have been an ATT customer for 8 years and am on my second phone. This is not a way to treat a long time customer.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.