Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
'One opinion' which is.......
Encouraging the OP to try something before he/she makes up his/her mind, after giving logical reasoning to do so?

Please don't start unnecessary arguments :)
[doublepost=1458147661][/doublepost]

I also believe there is no worthwhile increase in utility on iOS 9 for the 5s - but I wouldn't dare say such a thing on the Internet due to the arguments that would follow!
"ANOTHER prejudiced bigoted Apple hating SCUM! Let's see YOU make a better OS!!11!1!!!"
No unnecessary arguments but I disagree of your opinion iOS 9 is not a major release and some other opinions in that post also also.

If you don't want to start an unnecessary argument as opposed to a civil discussion, why mention it in the first place?:)

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011
No unnecessary arguments but I disagree of your opinion iOS 9 is not a major release and some other opinions in that post also also.

If you don't want to start an unnecessary argument as opposed to a civil discussion, why mention it in the first place?:)

From, Arstechnica, a well respected tech site describing iOS9 more as a "spit-and-polish release" than a major release:

"Viewed from that lens, iOS 9 feels kind of like iOS 6 did. This is a necessary spit-and-polish release that followed two bigger, transformative releases. There's some good stuff here, but nothing that's quite as all-encompassing as iOS 7's complete redesign or iOS 8's introduction for Handoff and Continuity and Extensions."
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/09/ios-9-thoroughly-reviewed/

Sure there are opinions, but some are less biased than others, some are more factual than others, some are more well respected than others.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
From, Arstechnica, a well respected tech site describing iOS9 more as a "spit-and-polish release" than a major release:

"Viewed from that lens, iOS 9 feels kind of like iOS 6 did. This is a necessary spit-and-polish release that followed two bigger, transformative releases. There's some good stuff here, but nothing that's quite as all-encompassing as iOS 7's complete redesign or iOS 8's introduction for Handoff and Continuity and Extensions."

Sure there are opinions, but some are less biased than others, some are more factual than others, some are more well respected than others.
Absolutely, I'm glad you threw in the last phrase. The irony made my day.:)

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012

Exactly. Nothing else to be said.
[doublepost=1458166335][/doublepost]
and some other opinions in that post also also.
Sounds to me like you don't even remember what you're complaining about!

Because you can't have a civilised discussion by instigating an argument:
It's nice to see a post that acknowledges one opinion in a nice way.:)
:)
[doublepost=1458166512][/doublepost]
The irony made my day.:)
Did it now? This is the real irony!

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Hi to you all. Well, I just received my 5s and guess the OS. It came with iOS 9.2.1. So there's nothing more or less to argue about. I was told the phone was on iOS 8.4 but no. Too bad? I don't know. Could it mean this is a new batch of 5s? Apple sells the 5s with 9.2 on its site. One thing for sure, the syncing was done in a flash. iOS 9.2.1 on my iPhone and my iPad Air and El Capitan on my iMac. Couldn't be more up to date...

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
Hi to you all. Well, I just received my 5s and guess the OS. It came with iOS 9.2.1. So there's nothing more or less to argue about. I was told the phone was on iOS 8.4 but no. Too bad? I don't know. Could it mean this is a new batch of 5s? Apple sells the 5s with 9.2 on its site. One thing for sure, the syncing was done in a flash. iOS 9.2.1 on my iPhone and my iPad Air and El Capitan on my iMac. Couldn't be more up to date...
Haha, enjoy your new phone mate. ;)
This thread wasn't useless nonetheless, I'm sure somebody else with the same hesitation will be glad to read all the opinions. :)

Reactions: SuperKerem

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Exactly. Nothing else to be said.
[doublepost=1458166335][/doublepost]
Sounds to me like you don't even remember what you're complaining about!

Because you can't have a civilised discussion by instigating an argument:

:)
[doublepost=1458166512][/doublepost]
Did it now? This is the real irony!
I think we are having a good discussion on IOS 8 and the merits of IOS 9. There are a lot of varied opinions as there are tens of millions of idevices in use with MR becoming a focal point for those who wish to discuss such matters. Notice the important word: "discussion"; I have no real complaints about IOS 8 or IOS 9, except to say IOS 8 wasn't the finest release of apple as some of the issues such as springboard reboots undercut some of the supposed better "performance" of IOS 8.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Any pre-9.3 version of iOS is awful on the 5S...

Going form iOS8 to iOS9.2.1 will be a huge regret, but iOS9.3 isn't so bad once it comes out in full.

Bit rough around the edges still, but it is smooth in most areas

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.