Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Awesome app! I hope the next has the black wallpaper like the original...maybe have different background...dunno if that is possible.

Thanks,
Robert

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
It picks the system wall paper. You could make an all black wall paper so it looks like a regular iPhone but with scrolling icons, but then you wouldn't have a background when you lock the phone.

I'm making up some wallpapers to try out ... Leopard, Tiger, etc ... I'll post screenshots if I feel they are worthy of your praise. :rolleyes::p:D

kydee6039

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
I installed this but for some reason I cannot get it to work?? Do I have to do something specific to enable this??

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I installed this but for some reason I cannot get it to work?? Do I have to do something specific to enable this??

You may need to install BSD Subsystem to get it to work. It should just start up once you install it.

loved the app, but i was distracted by that WD My Book light on the left:D

:D It is pretty distracting. I am transferring all the data I have on it to another drive so I can take it back to Best Buy today. It's a 1TB drive, and apparently the double drive ones have fans in them that are really really loud. :mad:

That and it vibrates my desk and makes even more noise, if you can see I have it setting on a box to help pad the noise. :rolleyes:

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
:D It is pretty distracting. I am transferring all the data I have on it to another drive so I can take it back to Best Buy today. It's a 1TB drive, and apparently the double drive ones have fans in them that are really really loud. :mad:

That and it vibrates my desk and makes even more noise, if you can see I have it setting on a box to help pad the noise. :rolleyes:

Yep i'm eyeballing them 1TB drives :cool: running the 320's and 2x 500's at the mo - just love em

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
What are the extra 2 icons on the SummerBoard?
FeildTest and DemoApp

I clicked on the DemoApp but it does nothing?

Uninstalling SummerBoard but still left with the icons.

Are you experiencing the same thing?

Thanks,
Robert

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Wow, they already updated it. Now it extends above the "menu bar" as you can see in this a screenshot I took:

lawlz.png

Wow I should have fixed my lower icons before taking the screenshot. :eek:

Haha...

kydee6039

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
BSD Subsystem is installed.

Still cannot access this program?? WHEN GOING TO THE MAIN PAGE I SHOULD JUST BE ABLE TO SCROLL CORRECT?? Sorry for the caps - to lazy to retype!!

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
BSD Subsystem is installed.

Still cannot access this program?? WHEN GOING TO THE MAIN PAGE I SHOULD JUST BE ABLE TO SCROLL CORRECT?? Sorry for the caps - to lazy to retype!!
Shutdown the iPhone..it usually take just one time...some people mentioned couple of times before it worked for them. Regards.

n0mmo

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Hmm.. the update re-hid the offending apps but now the dock isn't clickable.
Bah, but who needs to use the phone, mail, safari or ipod apps anyways?

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Haha! I can't believe I hadn't noticed that yet. I hope they release an update to fix that sooner rather than later.

woodbutcher

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
first uninstall, and restart did not bring things back to normal, but second restart did the trick, nice app. I hope he gets it working

jasonnorm

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2007
Milford, MA
Also, does anyone know of a way to completely hid the doc image so that the wallpaper image completely covers the phone? I tried renaming the springboard dock image file so that it wouldn't load it, but it simply displayed black bar in it's place. I am assuming that is because springboard calls a function to make the background black.

Any ideas? I guess I could create a small dock background file that would "complete" the background image but that would be a pain in the you know what. PLUS, that would not allow me to quickly switch backgrounds on the fly (as this app allows you to do). If I were to create a transparent image in photoshop as the dock background would that simply show the black or the wallpaper? Any ideas? :confused:

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Also, does anyone know of a way to completely hid the doc image so that the wallpaper image completely covers the phone? I tried renaming the springboard dock image file so that it wouldn't load it, but it simply displayed black bar in it's place. I am assuming that is because springboard calls a function to make the background black.

Any ideas? I guess I could create a small dock background file that would "complete" the background image but that would be a pain in the you know what. PLUS, that would not allow me to quickly switch backgrounds on the fly (as this app allows you to do). If I were to create a transparent image in photoshop as the dock background would that simply show the black or the wallpaper? Any ideas? :confused:

Open your wallpaper image in Photoshop, go to Image -> Canvas Size. Set clamp to the down arrow. Change it from 320x480 to 320x91. Save it as /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

It's possible to write a script to automatically change it when you change wallpapers ... but I don't know how to do that.

EDIT: They just posted another update to Summerboard that fixes the lower icon issue.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I still cannot get this thing to work - any other ideas??

Are you using 1.0.0, or 1.0.1? I have 1.0.2 and it works fine. I have everything installed but:

Dock
Launcher
MobileTerminal
XLaunch
SBKb
iLauncher
rSBT
SwapTunes

Maybe it has a dependancy that I have that you don't have.

kydee6039

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
I am running 1.0.2. I have installed:

Launcher
NES
ApolloIM
Finder
Mines
Preview
VNotes
iBlackJack
ILauncher
BSD Subsystem

Who the hell knows?? I would love to get this working though!!

Are you using 1.0.0, or 1.0.1? I have 1.0.2 and it works fine. I have everything installed but:

Dock
Launcher
MobileTerminal
XLaunch
SBKb
iLauncher
rSBT
SwapTunes

Maybe it has a dependancy that I have that you don't have.

-Wild Bill-

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
Summerboard SBDockBG2.png

To get the dock to be black in summerboard the General posted:

Open your wallpaper image in Photoshop, go to Image -> Canvas Size. Set clamp to the down arrow. Change it from 320x480 to 320x91. Save it as /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

I can't find that directory in my system. Went to Macintosh HD/System/Library/CoreServices/ but no Springboard. Is the I phone filesystem supposed to show up somehow? If so how do you get to it?

Thanks,

Bill

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.