Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
You can change the menubar to look like Leopard, but it shows up elsewhere and kinda ruins the look of everything else. It makes the home screen look good though! It takes a lot of image editing... There are at least 40 images that you'd need to edit. If I didn't have to work full time and go to school, I'd make them for you... I just don't have enough free time right now.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
i would really do wish summerboard has the option to turn off wallpaper on the home screen, i prefer the traditional black. but keep my wallpaper intact on the lock screen.

c'mon summerboard developers, i don't think it would be that difficult to do!

racemize

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
i would really do wish summerboard has the option to turn off wallpaper on the home screen, i prefer the traditional black. but keep my wallpaper intact on the lock screen.

c'mon summerboard developers, i don't think it would be that difficult to do!

+1

TheRuggedLion

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Detroit
You can change the menubar to look like Leopard, but it shows up elsewhere and kinda ruins the look of everything else. It makes the home screen look good though! It takes a lot of image editing... There are at least 40 images that you'd need to edit. If I didn't have to work full time and go to school, I'd make them for you... I just don't have enough free time right now.

Damn, 40 images!? Yeah, its not THAT important to me lol. I'm happy with the way it looks now, I'm just getting greedy. Again thanks for uploading your work (icons, dock, etc)

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I love summerboard and what they have done with it.

One thing that I would LOVE to see though is left-right scrolling, we have up-down and that is awesome, but I love to have the space inbetween the dock and my apps, so I only keep 12 icons anyway, but with side scrolling, which they could just include as an option in the new prefs app would be amazing, so I wouldnt have to go to finder to access my other apps! :eek:

medafor

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
:eek:IN THE NEW UPDATE YOU CAN ADJUST THE OPACITY OF YOUR WALLPAPER AND MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Hopstretch

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks guys. This latest update is the dog's bollocks! Love the Dock Off option. Keep up the good work.

TheRuggedLion

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Detroit
Ya the latest version is even better, I was surprised at the number of options. I'm probably the only person who doesn't like background dimming, full brightness for me. Something to satisfy everyone.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
after browsing in safari for a while, all of my icons, other than the ones in the dock, disappear until I restart my phone. It seems to happen only when summerboard is installed. Does anyone else have this issue?

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
after browsing in safari for a while, all of my icons, other than the ones in the dock, disappear until I restart my phone. It seems to happen only when summerboard is installed. Does anyone else have this issue?

hmmm I have not had/heard of this this issue before, interesting tho.

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007

Yeah, I've had that happen a few times.

They fixed the usage time not displaying bug.. so I'm sure they'll fix that one too.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Since they dont have a code page I guess I will do a feature request here:

Page Snapping. They have line snapping currently and working, however I would *like* to be able to flick my finger once and it snaps to my second "page" of icons....aka icons 17-33.

Currently when I flick my finger down it hits the bottom and bounces back up, causing my first row of icons on my second page (17-20) to be above the carrier bar and icons 21-24 to be half hidden.

Would it be possible to enable the snapping feature for row 1 and row 5? (icons 1-4 and 17-20)

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
So todays update of SummerBoard 2.0 breaks functionality of DockSwap and rSBT.

Not cool.

beat me to it. New version does not play nice with rSBT displaying 5 icons on the dock

Also if the new option for hiding the dock labels is turned on, the skip last row feature dies not work

As noted, dockswap loses functioality as well. I'm sure they will get these fixed in a timely manner

davecotter

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
please fix compat with rSBT and DockSwap

I too use both these apps and am sad they are broke now. i know you'll fix it soon, you rock!

-davec

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Care to take a screenshot of the summerboard minidock?

Sure thing.. here ya go:

Looks slick, I think.. built-in themes, also.. I'm using the leopard one.

photomp0.jpg

Lionheart

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Tampa, FL
So todays update of SummerBoard 2.0 breaks functionality of DockSwap and rSBT.

Not cool.

AND they replaced my custom dock image. Also not cool. Wrecked my look, and I'm so not happy.

LOVE this app, but c'mon guys....please don't mess with our customizations without giving us the option to keep 'em the way we like 'em, eh?
:(

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wish they would take the component of springboard that lets you customize the homescreen wallpaper and make an app that just lets you change the homescreen wallpaper. I dont want icon srcrolling or anything, I just want to get rid of the boring black background.

smak

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2007
A suggestion for the coders if they read here.

Make the sizes of the dock corrolate with the amount of dock icons.

Right now, the mini dock fits 8 icons nicely. So that should be an "8 icon dock"

A 6 icon dock where 6 icons fit nicely would be the perfect size.

If you name things based on the icons that will fit, then other coders of other programs can make dock pictures line up...

-smak-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.