Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
To get the dock to be black in summerboard the General posted:

Open your wallpaper image in Photoshop, go to Image -> Canvas Size. Set clamp to the down arrow. Change it from 320x480 to 320x91. Save it as /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

I can't find that directory in my system. Went to Macintosh HD/System/Library/CoreServices/ but no Springboard. Is the I phone filesystem supposed to show up somehow? If so how do you get to it?

Thanks,

Bill

Oh, I mean save it to your desktop or wherever, then stick it in that directory on your iPhone. You'll have to read the many threads and tutorials on this site and elsewhere for information on how to get access to your iPhone's filesystem. I recommend the SFTP way.

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
Is it possible to replace the dock background image (the carbon fiber lookin thing) with a transparent png?

Also, I think Ill keep dock around. Since version 2.05 you can now quickly and easily take screenshots that save to your pictures folder, which is sweet

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I get the scrolling but I don't get any of the other apps I have installed. Wierd.

If you've used rSBT then they will not show up on the list. You need you edit your DisplayOrder.plist and remove all the hidden applications from the <special> section.

Is it possible to replace the dock background image (the carbon fiber lookin thing) with a transparent png?

Also, I think Ill keep dock around. Since version 2.05 you can now quickly and easily take screenshots that save to your pictures folder, which is sweet

You can make a transparent one, but nothing shows up behind it, just black. You have to fake it and line the background up.

DJFriar

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2006
If you've used rSBT then they will not show up on the list. You need you edit your DisplayOrder.plist and remove all the hidden applications from the <special> section.

You don't have to do that. Grab the latest rSBT (0.2.0). Move the apps you are adding to the 3rd Party section. They will then appear fine. And yes, you can still move 3rd party apps up into the main 16 spots. Liek I have the dock set to 5 icons (added SMS), then put Installer.app as the #1 app on the main springboard. It works fine.

DJFriar

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2006
Add me to the list of those who just wants the simple black background like before. I want my "wallpaper" to only appear at the lock screen, like it was be default.

Other than that though, SummerBoard is the best app I have on my phone (well, other than installer.app, lol).

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
You don't have to do that. Grab the latest rSBT (0.2.0). Move the apps you are adding to the 3rd Party section. They will then appear fine. And yes, you can still move 3rd party apps up into the main 16 spots. Liek I have the dock set to 5 icons (added SMS), then put Installer.app as the #1 app on the main springboard. It works fine.

rSBT won't allow you to have x amount of apps on in your iconList section. The most is 16, and if you use it, only 16 icons will show up... it will put the rest in the hidden section so none will show up in Summerboard other than those 16 you specified.

That is the problem the person is describing, and the way to fix it is:

1. Uninstall rSBT and don't use it again.
2. Edit your DisplayOrder and remove all the missing apps from the <special> section.

DJFriar

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2006
rSBT won't allow you to have x amount of apps on in your iconList section. The most is 16, and if you use it, only 16 icons will show up... it will put the rest in the hidden section so none will show up in Summerboard other than those 16 you specified.

That is the problem the person is describing, and the way to fix it is:

1. Uninstall rSBT and don't use it again.
2. Edit your DisplayOrder and remove all the missing apps from the <special> section.

Set rSBT to 16. Go to the applist and pick the 16 apps you want to have show at first under "Springboard", then add the rest under "3rd Party". HIdden is for apps you want to truly stay hidden. The aps under "3rd Party" will show up at apps 17+.

Mine is doing this right this second, I can take pics I guess. Also, rSBT's webpage states that this is exactly how to do it:

From http://code.google.com/p/rsbt/ :

"Notice to SummerBoard Users and Explanation of "Third Party" The Third Party section of rSBT was designed for SummerBoard. SummerBoard will put the icons that are under "SpringBoard" in the first 16 or so places of SummerBoard and then move on to ThirdParty to place the icons that are on the next page (when you scroll down)."

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Set rSBT to 16. Go to the applist and pick the 16 apps you want to have show at first under "Springboard", then add the rest under "3rd Party". HIdden is for apps you want to truly stay hidden. The aps under "3rd Party" will show up at apps 17+.

Mine is doing this right this second, I can take pics I guess. Also, rSBT's webpage states that this is exactly how to do it:

From http://code.google.com/p/rsbt/ :

"Notice to SummerBoard Users and Explanation of "Third Party" The Third Party section of rSBT was designed for SummerBoard. SummerBoard will put the icons that are under "SpringBoard" in the first 16 or so places of SummerBoard and then move on to ThirdParty to place the icons that are on the next page (when you scroll down)."

You're right, I'm sorry. I hadn't updated rSTB and now it is as you describe. :eek:

hxe3333

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2007
It's great app!

I hope next version would scroll smoother and enable different wallpapers for back ground and unlock screen, but still great.

For now, I just took pic covering the phone camera, and that's my black wall paper ;)

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
how do i add more apps in order to have it scroll? i am using ifuntastic 3 and it allows for only 16 apps (not including the 4 on the dock). Having a hard time figuring out how to do this.

and also how can i get my home screen to display the default black background instead of my wallpaper?

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
For now, I just took pic covering the phone camera, and that's my black wall paper ;)
I tried doing this awhile go, to have just a black image as my wallpaper. I covered it with my finger, and the image came out red. It was the weirdest thing. Cover it with anything else: black. Use skin: red. Odd.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
how do i add more apps in order to have it scroll? i am using ifuntastic 3 and it allows for only 16 apps (not including the 4 on the dock). Having a hard time figuring out how to do this.

and also how can i get my home screen to display the default black background instead of my wallpaper?

You should probably stop using iFuntastic 3.

Install rSBT using Installer.app and do it that way. Instructions are like 4 or 5 posts above this one.

jasonnorm

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2007
Milford, MA
iFunstastic is iFunAwefull!!

Install Installer.app, BSD Subystem and SSH then use Cyberduck to do ALL of your mods (icons, ringtones etc.). Use Installer to install all of your apps. Piece of cake.

Way better than iFunSucks :)

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
You should probably stop using iFuntastic 3.

Install rSBT using Installer.app and do it that way. Instructions are like 4 or 5 posts above this one.

so you're saying that black background around my icons on my homescreen is because of ifuntastic 3?

i mean everything works, except that black background around my icons, i see my wallpaper show thru also, but how do i turn that off? i just want the default look without my wallpaper showing, just have the entire background balck like the factory settings.

also i tried adding some apps to the third party section using rsbt and it wont show up? any ideas?

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
iFuntastic ruins your icons to get white text. iFuntastic ruins life ... :mad: When I say that you should stop using iFuntastic, I am as serious as a serious gets. iFuntastic will mess up your iPhone, your best bet is to do a restore and never use it again.

Cyberduck is Universal.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
iFuntastic ruins your icons to get white text. iFuntastic ruins life ... :mad: When I say that you should stop using iFuntastic, I am as serious as a serious gets. iFuntastic will mess up your iPhone, your best bet is to do a restore and never use it again.

Cyberduck is Universal.

cyberduck is an ftp client for macs, ok got it, can i use transmit instead with my iphone?

vrillusions

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio, US
FWIW, here's a screenshot with the latest version. The sliding up and down when first going to the home screen is a lot better, the actual scrolling of icons is a little sluggish still. The big thing I noticed after one update is the background is dimmed slightly. Before a lot of the text was unreadable because I have a bright background. I used iFuntastic 2 for the ringtones but haven't bothered with it since installer app. I just dread that next firmware update that wipes everything. Although now I can just rsync the whole thing before doing the restore :)

Attachments

• IMG_9001.JPG
    IMG_9001.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 124

kydee6039

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
I cannot get this app to work for the life of me??
I installed the latest version (1.05) and it just doesn't seem to work??

Man, this is the one app I want to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.