Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vrillusions

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio, US
uggggghhhh the bright background image is back in the newest version...it was much nicer when it was dimmed slightly

Yeah I was just about to mention that. Wish there was some way to get in contact with whoever creates new versions or to report bugs and stuff. I guess they do list the contact as iphone (a) nullriver (point) com. Maybe a .plist setting somewhere (that doesn't get overwritten on updates :) )

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
The General, I love the Tiger one. I made a mock up of what that would look like long before all the good hacks, and I think it looks great. Thanks for getting all the files together. I'm going to have to put this on my phone when I get home.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
They stole my idea! :D I had this idea as soon as they started making 3rd party apps for the iPhone! If only I wasent in the UK and knew how to code... Oh well.

Cool app anyway...

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Is there some place to get this for those that do not use Installer.app?

If there is, I don't know how. Why are you so against using Installer.app? :rolleyes:

The General, I love the Tiger one. I made a mock up of what that would look like long before all the good hacks, and I think it looks great. Thanks for getting all the files together. I'm going to have to put this on my phone when I get home.

Let me know if you need help ... do you know where to put all the files?

kydee6039

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
The General

I NEED HELP!!!

I cannot get this program to work - why oh why???

Second - if I get the file to work - I just want to use the icons from your tiger theme where do I put these files and what program should I be using?? I only want to use the icons for the bottom portion (I want to keep my background and keep the background for the bottom portion) - I just want to change the 4 icons.

Any help would be appreciated.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Oh ... the icons will be offset to the bottom and look pretty awful... I had to make them taller with transparency so that they'd be lower since I removed the text.

It would end up looking like the screenshot I posted in the first page of this thread.

But yeah, use and SFTP client such as Cyberduck. There are instructions all over the internet to do that, just install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH, then follow the configuration instructions for Cyberduck or whatever you want to use.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
is there an easy way to switch themes? well I guess you only have to switch the dock picture right? but is there an easier way than this?

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
how do you guys switch themes using summerboard? what exactly do you need to do?

No, I have to manually change my SBDockBG2.png, and the background. Summerboard doesn't support themes yet. Hopefully it will soon. :)

They just updated Summerboard, now it's more like 33% darker instead of 50%.

I wish they'd make up their minds. :angry:

I keep having to make a new SBDockBG2.png :(

ThanatosId

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
No, I have to manually change my SBDockBG2.png, and the background. Summerboard doesn't support themes yet. Hopefully it will soon. :)

When using Cyberduck, what file are you putting the icons in? I can use your dock and wallpaper, but can't figure out the rest. Also, how do you get rid of the grey bar at the bottom that use to house the names of "phone" "safari" etc... By the way, thanks for posting your theme and helping.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Sboard doesn't have to support themes, its 100% compatible with iSwitcher provided you don't have one of those large icons that previously gave you a wallpaper. If you are just swapping the dock and regular icons it will work just fine according to the developer.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Sboard doesn't have to support themes, its 100% compatible with iSwitcher provided you don't have one of those large icons that previously gave you a wallpaper. If you are just swapping the dock and regular icons it will work just fine according to the developer.

iSwitcher can change your SBDockBG2.png?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just want to change the 4 icons.

The icons reside in each application folder and they are all named icon.png. Just drop new 60 x 60 PNG files in place of the old ones. While the image can be smaller than 60, keep the files 60 and you can have transparent backgrounds.

The application folders you want to drop the icons into are:
MobilePhone
MobileMail
MobileSafari
MobileMusicPlayer

Honestly, one of the easiest ways to do it is use Pixadex 2 as your icon iPhoto and just export 60 x 60 files from there, each named icon.png. Obviously you will have to do it one ata time.

Easy peasy ya know.

zinj

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
I'm tryin to use your Tiger theme that you posted but the wallpaper is now darker than the dock thanks to the new summerboard. What are you using to fix the brightness on the docks? Can you post an updated dock for the tiger one ? :)

CyberGreg

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2004
SoCal
The newest version of iSwitcher now installs a wallpaper (LockBackground.jpg) if you include it in the theme folder (and obviously the dock).

In addition, the newest version of rSBT can save the DisplayOrder.plist file as a theme master that all iSwitcher themes will use.
:cool:

Sorry.. shameless plug for free software ;)

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I'm tryin to use your Tiger theme that you posted but the wallpaper is now darker than the dock thanks to the new summerboard. What are you using to fix the brightness on the docks? Can you post an updated dock for the tiger one ? :)

Here you go. :)

SBDockBG2-1.png

It's just a black layer set to 25% opacity. :D

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Summerboard has been updated to allow the use of transparent dock images. Here are all my updated dock images so you can just change the background to whatever you want! :)

I suggest installing DockSwap and putting these in /var/root/Library/DockSwap/Custom so then they will show up in their Custom category in the DockSwap application. :D

iPod Touch:
ipodtouch.png

iPod Touch w/ custom icons:
ipodtouchicond.png

Leopard w/ icons:
leopard-2.png

Tiger w/ icons:
tiger-1.png

Here are the icons:
http://idisk.mac.com/tedroddy/Public/icons.zip

TheRuggedLion

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Detroit
General, you are the man! Thanks for those docks. Now if I could only change the bar on top to white to go with the leopard theme

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.