Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
If past sales are any indication, it won't be long until stores have a sale on the Beats Fit Pro - just as they did shortly after the Beats Studio Buds were released.

Patience is a virtue. ;)

Reactions: helloapple1

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I feel like one of the only people that doesn't care about this - hah

I have a little "area" with 3-4 different charging cables where things end up each night and it just sort of doesn't bug me to have to plug things in.

I guess I'd not mind if it had wireless charging - but it's so far down the list of things I care about on headphones that I'd never make a buy/no-buy decision based upon it.
You are not alone, by far - I feel no rush to wireless charging, and prefer my faster-charging cables!

I'll have to buy a couple USB-C charging cables for my Beats Fit Pro; as I only have Lightning & MicroUSB at the moment.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

MG999

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Free delivery on B&H photo
They Deliver to Canada as well?

--- Just looked at their site. That's cool that they deliver Canada. Just have to pay Duties and Tax which comes up to about 26 dollars USD.

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I live in Norway and really wanted the Beats Fit Pro as my AirPods Pro's have seen better days (the case only charges wirelessly and the left bud won't always keep a charge).

Luckily B&H Photo delivers internationally for a reasonable shipping fee plus VAT so I ordered them today and looking forward to recieve them.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
I wonder how the latency will be on the Beats Fit Pro, especially compared to Airpods Pro. Thinking of waiting for Airpods Pro 2 but I really need wireless earbuds to wear to the gym.

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
I wonder how the latency will be on the Beats Fit Pro, especially compared to Airpods Pro. Thinking of waiting for Airpods Pro 2 but I really need wireless earbuds to wear to the gym.
Same chipset so latency should not be an issue. I would definitely give these a try.

Reactions: phillytim

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
The price is definitely more attractive than the expected Airpods 2 pricing, probably $250.
And we really have no idea when AirPods Pro 2 will release, other than 2022.

At this point in time, the ol' AirPods Pro are not even a consideration - only 4.5 hours charge compared to the Beats' 6-7.

If you guys had to choose between Beats Fit Pro and AirPods 3, which one would you go for?

I'd choose the Fit Pro, even if it doesn't have wireless charging, being that you get ANC and don't have to worry about earwax clogging up the mesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: johntw

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
I feel like one of the only people that doesn't care about this - hah

I have a little "area" with 3-4 different charging cables where things end up each night and it just sort of doesn't bug me to have to plug things in.

I guess I'd not mind if it had wireless charging - but it's so far down the list of things I care about on headphones that I'd never make a buy/no-buy decision based upon it.

totally agree. if i had to top it up during the day or even charge everyday it might get annoying but with 24 hours case battery life that means i charge maybe once or twice a WEEK and the case charges in under 90 minutes from 0-100% on a usb-c cable so it is not a big deal at all when i'm getting a much, much better fitting and better looking if you ask me, version of the airpods pro.

also: remember the airpods pro have 4.5 hours ANC battery life in use before having to be put in the case. fit pro has SIX hours of battery life on ANC before needing a top off.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
This was asked but not answered, are any of you that currently have APP going to get these? Seems like it's not much of an upgrade other than maybe the fit? Opinions appreciated if anybody has compared them both side-by-side.

Carac

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
I was supposed to get mine today but due to “severe weather” (i.e. frost on a windshield) they missed being loaded on my truck by 8 minutes and now I won’t get them until Monday. The UPS location they’re at is only open from 3-6 today and not at all over the weekend. Nice.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
Mine are out for delivery. Will try to give impressions compared to the AirPods 3 that I loved the sound of but returned due to not fitting my ears.

Reactions: johntw

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I was supposed to get mine today but due to “severe weather” (i.e. frost on a windshield) they missed being loaded on my truck by 8 minutes and now I won’t get them until Monday. The UPS location they’re at is only open from 3-6 today and not at all over the weekend. Nice.
That sucks. I figured they’d have in store today as they do at least in my city. So I just waited until today to order. Same day delivery available. Pickup as well.

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
I picked up a pair at Best Buy. They are the best fitting in ear buds I have ever worn. I think the sound is good, not great. A little too much bass but they are Beats so that should be expected. The volume is a little low. I have to have it at about 75% volume to sound normal. The ANC is amazing. I didn't realize how good until I turned it off. I like the case but I think it will scratch and show scratches easily.

Although I like them, I am returning for one reason. I get that footstep sound in my head when I walk. If it wasn't for that, I would use these for fitness. I don't think I would use them for everyday use.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
Pre-ordered my Beats Fit Pro earbuds yesterday from Best Buy in black for me and purple for my wife. Scheduled for UPS for delivery next Tuesday for my earbuds and Wednesday for my wife's earbuds. Got AppleCare + for no charge since I have Total Tech Support.

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
I picked up a pair at Best Buy. They are the best fitting in ear buds I have ever worn. I think the sound is good, not great. A little too much bass but they are Beats so that should be expected. The volume is a little low. I have to have it at about 75% volume to sound normal. The ANC is amazing. I didn't realize how good until I turned it off. I like the case but I think it will scratch and show scratches easily.

Although I like them, I am returning for one reason. I get that footstep sound in my head when I walk. If it wasn't for that, I would use these for fitness. I don't think I would use them for everyday use.
Try Comply foam tips instead. I use them on my PBP 3 running and don’t hear steps.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Been using my new Beats Fit Pro over the past day—my thoughts:
  • love how they work seamlessly across my Apple devices
  • love the full Beats sound (much like my PowerBeats Pro)
  • battery life is awesome
  • wingtips give me great confidence for workouts use
  • they feel almost too big for my ears, and protrude more than I’d like
  • yeah—the case is rather flimsy, as everyone says
BFP should be a keeper—especially considering AirPods Pro are old, battery life is short, and they can easily fall out of ears.

PS: EarPods have always been super-comfortable for me, but I don’t want to go the way of AirPods 3 For wireless.

Last edited:

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Reactions: turbineseaplane

AvisDeene

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
Been using my new Beats Fit Pro over the past day—my thoughts:
  • love how they work seamlessly across my Apple devices
  • love the full Beats sound (much like my PowerBeats Pro)
  • battery life is awesome
  • wingtips give me great confidence for workouts use
  • they feel almost too big for my ears, and protrude more than I’d like
  • yeah—the case is rather flimsy, as everyone says
BFP should be a keeper—especially considering AirPods Pro are old, battery life is short, and they can easily fall out of ears.

PS: EarPods have always been super-comfortable for me, but I don’t want to go the way of AirPods 3 For wireless.
Thanks for the review. I'm in the market for new headphones, and was on the fence for these. How do you like the sound quality of phone calls? Does the build quality of the headphones feel good? The only Beats headphones I have experience with are Beats flex, which just didn't sound great during calls and felt like I was wearing cheap 10 dollar headphones that weren't comfortable.

fish09276

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2011

I had same bone conduction sounds. I put in larger tips that just touch the ear canal. Negates just a bit of the ANC but bass sounds great and no ear canal pressure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.