Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
The first of two pre-ordered pairs just arrived. The earbuds themselves came 100% charged presumably from the case which had 68% charge.

I saw a vlogger knock the Beats Fit Pro vs Airpods Pro because of the case and no magsafe. If the Beats Fit Pro had both and are at a lower price point, wouldn't that canabalize the Airpods Pro 2? No doubt, since the acquisition of Beats by Apple that Apple hasn't missed the opportunity to incorporate Beats tech into the Airpods product line.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Agreed - they've been very comfortable for me, battery life is awesome for the price, the Beats bass sound is my favorite, and they sound great to my peeps during phone calls.

I love these Beats Fit Pro more by the day - and are the AirPods Pro that I'd been waiting for!

Glad you are having a great experience also, @jcp007

Reactions: johntw and jcp007

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
As the YouTube reviews keep rolling out, it's funny that some tech vloggers who consider themselves audiophiles seem to forget that these earbuds will primarily used for workouts and other active use situations. They knock the case and lack of magsafe wireless charging, though both fair points, but if they had this feature and a better case, what would be the point of the Airpods Pro 2?

Reactions: turbineseaplane

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
As the YouTube reviews keep rolling out, it's funny that some tech vloggers who consider themselves audiophiles seem to forget that these earbuds will primarily used for workouts and other active use situations. They knock the case and lack of magsafe wireless charging, though both fair points, but if they had this feature and a better case, what would be the point of the Airpods Pro 2?

I don't think they needed to have MagSafe, but regular wireless charging should have really been in there considering it's 2021 and their cost.

Reactions: pshufd

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I would just buy the second gen if they come out with wireless charging and a better case. I would prefer it they just sold a better case separately. It’s just part of the equipment cost of being a runner.

kab695

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
Washington (state)
Yup got mine in the last hour. AirPods fell out, AirPods Pro was a bit better but fell out on runs. These are ROCK SOLID in the ear. They do NOT move. Amazing stuff, I feel like I'm finally like those lucky people who can live in their AirPods.
I have had the same problem with every bud except Powerbeats Pro (the big ear hook type). These new Beats Fit Pro also fell out. But then I got the idea to put the double-cone tip from my Powerbeats Pro on these new Beats Fit Pro. And wallah! --They do not budge, don't slip out over time, not even when I chew, and they are comfortable, ...perfect in every way! So, for a few ear canal shapes like mine, Apple is missing sales due to not putting those double-cone tips with their other buds.

Next I tried these on my Beats Studio Buds that slipped out unless I pushed 'em back every five min or so. Same success.

Damn, people! If you have a problem, order these tips (Powerbeats Pro replacement tips):
Beats tips unusual.jpg

Reactions: phillytim

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I have had the same problem with every bud except Powerbeats Pro (the big ear hook type). These new Beats Fit Pro also fell out. But then I got the idea to put the double-cone tip from my Powerbeats Pro on these new Beats Fit Pro. And wallah! --They do not budge, don't slip out over time, not even when I chew, and they are comfortable, ...perfect in every way! So, for a few ear canal shapes like mine, Apple is missing sales due to not putting those double-cone tips with their other buds.

Next I tried these on my Beats Studio Buds that slipped out unless I pushed 'em back every five min or so. Same success.

Damn, people! If you have a problem, order these tips (Powerbeats Pro replacement tips):
View attachment 1912269

I do not have a problem with the BFP falling out on their own but I have knocked them out a few times. Both times were after long workouts and I had taken some paper towels to wipe the sweat off my head, neck and face and I guess I came close enough to them to knock them out but I didn't feel like I knocked them out. It's just something that I have to remember not to do.

I wore my Jaybirds X3s last night for a walk and those still fit better than the BFP as they have different size earwings. The larges size fits my ears perfectly - that is they go from the small tip in the front of the ear to the crevice in the back. The BFP would fit better if they had different-sized tips but the solution that they have is very, very good.

The thing about putting a larger tip on the BFPs is: do they still fit in the charging case?

kab695

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
Washington (state)
I do not have a problem with the BFP falling out on their own but I have knocked them out a few times. Both times were after long workouts and I had taken some paper towels to wipe the sweat off my head, neck and face and I guess I came close enough to them to knock them out but I didn't feel like I knocked them out. It's just something that I have to remember not to do.

I wore my Jaybirds X3s last night for a walk and those still fit better than the BFP as they have different size earwings. The larges size fits my ears perfectly - that is they go from the small tip in the front of the ear to the crevice in the back. The BFP would fit better if they had different-sized tips but the solution that they have is very, very good.

The thing about putting a larger tip on the BFPs is: do they still fit in the charging case?
You can squish them in there, but it is not natural. After every workout I take my tips off and wash them in soap, and then let them dry overnight. So, it is not a big deal for me. Even my Powerbeats Pro go in the case tipless, as the tips are drying.

I thought of this problem, and even wondered if that is WHY Apple quit sending the double-cone tips with Beats. Maybe Apple did not like the bigger cavity needed for these tips (that work for me!). Conspiracy would be Apple playing form over function. Who knows. Again, a few of us have a different ear canal shape or size, and Apple could be saying it is not worth it to augment cases and send those cone tips for those few.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
Wow, so many negative posts because of tip-fit or wireless charging. Bottom line is that these sound absolutely outstanding! They fit me out of the box perfectly, battery life is outstanding and I just can't get over how good they sound bass, mids, highs are all spot on for me. I set aside my Sony XM1000 because these actually sound better. And the separation makes me turn my head as I hear details in my music I have never heard before. This coming from a Bose, Sony, and Earpod Pro guy says a lot. I really love the deep deep base on these buds. So all that said just to comment on these new earbud. Definite Go buy or Give, if you are on the edge.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
I've had them now since day 1 of launch and my reviews stand after several weeks... they fit perfect (and NOTHING else stays in except the over the ear hook Powerbeats Pro), are comfortable, are essentially identical in functionality to AirPods Pro, and sound better. The weaknesses are well known by now, a cheap feeling case (that still works great) that doesn't do wireless charging. Still thrilled, these are by far the best headphones I've ever used and I love them. If I lost them today I buy new ones immediately.

Reactions: phessler

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I know a lot of people have commented they don’t like the case, but it seems fine to me and I wouldnt have even noticed it if others hadn’t complained.

Reactions: canyonblue737

F308gt4

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2020
I know a lot of people have commented they don’t like the case, but it seems fine to me and I wouldnt have even noticed it if others hadn’t complained.

Same here. May not be the nicest case in the world, but it’s OK. I don’t use wireless charging, so not an issue for me.

These sound as good to me as my air pod pros, with better fit and battery life. A win all around.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I managed to get them paired with my iPhone 5 which doesn't support the H1 chip. I guess that this is what you do for music players or non-Apple gear. I use the iPhone 5 to run with because it's really light and small. The case on my 13 mini makes it pretty thick (considering a thinner case for it). I got it to work at home and am going to take it out to see how it works on the road.

Update: well, that didn't work well. Lots of dropouts. It looks like the Bluetooth on the iPhone 5 isn't good enough to maintain a steady connection while running though it works fine if I'm just standing still. I'll just use the iPhone 13 mini for running outside. I'll use the iPhone 5 on a treadmill where I can put it on the display ledge.

Last edited:

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
No issues with the case. Eartip fit as long as you do the fit test should be fine. Apple could do better with the eartip material. I wonder if Apple Airpods Pro eartips will fit.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My Jabra’s are going back! ANC even after update isn’t as good as my trusty AirPod Pro’s.

I swear my AirPod Pro’s were punishing me for not using them a week by having no charge and not Qi charging. Fixed easily.

No I’m waiting on Beats Fit Pro’s to be available in ?? ?

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
My Jabra’s are going back! ANC even after update isn’t as good as my trusty AirPod Pro’s.

I swear my AirPod Pro’s were punishing me for not using them a week by having no charge and not Qi charging. Fixed easily.

No I’m waiting on Beats Fit Pro’s to be available in ?? ?

Can you just order them from Amazon US and have them ship it to Canada?

Pre-pandemic, we had tons of people from Canada that drove down to buy stuff here - no sales taxes or VAT was the draw I guess.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can you just order them from Amazon US and have them ship it to Canada?

Pre-pandemic, we had tons of people from Canada that drove down to buy stuff here - no sales taxes or VAT was the draw I guess.

Passport renewal is in the works. Not listed on Amazon US site btw. I did check last week and again just now. Can’t trick Apple USA site either since we have postal codes not zip codes. Just have to patiently wait.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Passport renewal is in the works. Not listed on Amazon US site btw. I did check last week and again just now. Can’t trick Apple USA site either since we have postal codes not zip codes. Just have to patiently wait.

They are listed on Amazon for MSRP.

My former manager lived in the UK and she used to fly to the US to get the new iPhones at a local Apple Store back in the day. She would ask one of the people working here to buy one for her and then she'd come here and pay them for it. We had Chinese employees who would buy several at the local store and then drop them off to relatives in China when they made a trip.

I need to get our passports updated now that some travel is permitted. We're five hours from Montreal.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
No issues with the case. Eartip fit as long as you do the fit test should be fine. Apple could do better with the eartip material. I wonder if Apple Airpods Pro eartips will fit.

the airpods pro tips wont fit as they have a unique oval mount design... HOWEVER the Beats Fits Pro uses a near industry standard round tube mount design and so there are already hundreds of foam and rubber tips on the market that are fully compatible.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I'm glad that I didn't wait for the new rev of AirPods Pro; I love the secure fit of the Beats Fit Pro's wingtips, and their deeper bass for music.

Plus I've begun the transition from Lightning to USB-C, and these are perfect for that; wireless charging isn’t a thing for me yet.

Last edited:

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I did some more experiments with the BFPs this morning and my findings are that the eartips in the Beats Flex provide the best fit and these are the small tips. This doesn't work, though, because they don't fit in the charging case. So I put in the small BFP and these are the best fit to stay as deep in the ear as possible. They don't provide as good a seal as the larger ear tips but it feels like they will stay bin better. The Beats Fit Pro can fall out when I'm wiping down the sweat off my head and I hit my ear.

Too bad they don't fit in the case with the Beats Flex tips or I would use those.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just purchased these in Black with AC+ today.

Findings:
Packaging seems to be 20% smaller than the AirPod Pro’s - odd if Apple cares about reducing carbon footprint!
LOVE the increased Bass across ambient, off, and anc! Wow!
Ambient mode seems to not be as strong as AirPod Pro’s ~ something I need to be careful,about as my main two uses will be in the gym starting tomorrow and while cycling on the road.

Just from 15mins of listening but I’m liking them more than my AirPod Pro’s very much!

What’s strange is the wingtips actually barely, my millimetres, nest in my ear loop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.