Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
OH MY GOD

Finally, mail filtering or rules as they call it. I still believe that's been the biggest drawback to their mail.

I signed up for the Beta, I hope I get a chance to test drive it before it launches.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Performance Increase is always welcome and the mail filter is something that should have always been in place.

Don't want to sound too ungrateful but for a minute there I was excited and thought we may have had new cool features and the ability to use our own email domain.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
OH MY GOD

Finally, mail filtering or rules as they call it. I still believe that's been the biggest drawback to their mail.

I signed up for the Beta, I hope I get a chance to test drive it before it launches.

Exactly. I've been asking for this for years. I'm fed up with having rules on my Mac which don't apply on my iPhone (as the Mac is asleep).

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
You guys beat me to it. I signed up as well just now.
How do you know what the new features are. I totally agree that filtering should have been there all along. I like Gmail for exactly that reason. Let's hope it works as well as Gmail.

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2008
Thank god for that! I've just signed up so hopefully will get my invitation soon. It couldn't have come soon enough...

Funkatronic

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Pune, India
Great news, faster webmail is always a welcome sign. The new Interface looks pretty neat too, now I just hope i get accepted into the beta

Chris Grande

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
I received my invite at about 1:30 this afternoon. I signed up a few minutes before I started this thread.

Chris Grande

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
You're right. I apologize. I guess MacRumors should have read your post before Posting. Along with me reading the times first instead of the number of Replies. Again, I do apologize.

Oh no problem, they usually find the starting thread (if there is one) then create the news thread from that. But sometimes, they miss them...

Chris Grande

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Whats it like??

I'm going to have to poke around a bit. The visual design of it is, interesting. Kind of an iPad/Aqua mashup.

First thing I did notice is the search is still folder based and only searches To/From/Subject.

The "Archive" feature just moves the message to a folder called archive, if you already have a folder called archive it just uses that. The archive isn't visually different from any other folder.

It is faster, moving between folders, deleting messages all happen in 1-2 seconds.

Anything you want to know specifically?

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
No invite here yet....
ON EDIT:
But MM seems a bit faster switching between folders and replying to emails. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, that MM is is getting the attention it deserves.

michael gavriel

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2009
Not to change the subject, but as an aside,

When using me.com on a PC, what browser do you guys prefer?

I found Chrome a bit buggy (sorry can't remember specifics) so switched to Firefox...

Even in firefox the mail is buggy. there's the "you're not authorized" to open an email or forward it type error, the weird flashing on and off of the text from an email youre replying to as it sits copied while you type youre reply, the slow/buggy "add to contact" thing (after adding a contact from the mail page, he/she often doesn't pop up as you start typing their name in a to: field), and probably more...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.