Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Got my invite about 5 hours ago. Just got home to check it out.
It's gonna take a bit of time to set it how I want it, but at least Apple is expending some effort in trying to make it work better.
SSL is great, but it never should have taken this long to implement.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
It was sent to the me.com address and came from noreply@me.com.

I'm wondering if Apple is planning (at some future date) to get rid of the mac.com addresses.
I went to the Account section of my MM and clicked on the Summary page. At the top, instead of my usual "...@mac.com" address it's now "...@me.com". My mac.com email is still getting delivered, but is mac.com now being translated to me.com across the board?

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I haven't received an invite, but just logged into my account at work and it's the Beta version! It's going to take some getting used to as it feels entirely different to me. One thing I instantly like is that I can see which of my email addresses the incoming emails are directed to...

:EDIT: Invite received!

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
I'm wondering if Apple is planning (at some future date) to get rid of the mac.com addresses.
I went to the Account section of my MM and clicked on the Summary page. At the top, instead of my usual "...@mac.com" address it's now "...@me.com". My mac.com email is still getting delivered, but is mac.com now being translated to me.com across the board?

I hope not.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Rules are super limited!! Boo!!

ifpd80.jpg

14jraqt.jpg

Feature request sent.

PaperMacWriter

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
Are people not getting any invites? I requested the second I heard, and I've got nothing. :( Any idea why I haven't? Did they stop letting people into the beta?

Stan

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Mail Rules and Push notification

I have been waiting to be able to use Mail Rules for organizing my mail ever since MM was released. I was really hoping that when they did release it they would make them usefull. At this point they don't indicate you have mail in those folders on the Web Interface (this I was not expecting) and they don't show it in the iPhone (this I was expecting). Having to go into each sub-folder to see if you have mail in that folder makes this useless. Maybe the final release and a new iPhone release will be better. Hope so. With Google Sync on the iPhone you can say which folders other then the Inbox to check for new mail.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I have been waiting to be able to use Mail Rules for organizing my mail ever since MM was released. I was really hoping that when they did release it they would make them usefull. At this point they don't indicate you have mail in those folders on the Web Interface (this I was not expecting) and they don't show it in the iPhone (this I was expecting). Having to go into each sub-folder to see if you have mail in that folder makes this useless. Maybe the final release and a new iPhone release will be better. Hope so. With Google Sync on the iPhone you can say which folders other then the Inbox to check for new mail.
Correction. While in MM Web Interface and a new message came in I did notice the badge on the sub-folder change. So maybe I jumped the gun on that one. However, still need that to happen on the iPhone and iPad.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
My email notice came yesterday to my me.com email address. The next time I logged in I was on the new beta version. My primary email address is not the me.com address. Anyway, there was nothing for me to do once I was switched over.

Dwanep

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Nebraska
I signed up as soon as it was available but still have not been invited in. I wonder if it is because I did not use the email that much. I did not like the program and consequently did not use it.

JLB-UK

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
UK
Just received my beta invite! on first look, it looks much improved. speed is a lot better :)

Rules are super limited!! Boo!!

Feature request sent.

Can you expand on the rules being limited? I cannot personally think of when I need to do more that the three options available but would like to know what else you need :) what feature request you sent in?

djdavidgallant

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2009
Boston, MA
I have had alot of UI bugs, but this web app is super fast.
I submitted comments about the lack of filtering and labels.
This is a big jump compared to the old web app, which finally makes this useful.
When logging in again, it will pick up from the folder you were last viewing which makes this much more usable.

I expect a launch with the 4.0 iPhone OS mail upgrade, and a big push for MobileMe on the iphone.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Just received my beta invite! on first look, it looks much improved. speed is a lot better :)

Can you expand on the rules being limited? I cannot personally think of when I need to do more that the three options available but would like to know what else you need :) what feature request you sent in?
Well, the thing is that I receive about 500-600 junk messages daily. The majority is sent to my mac.com address. So the only rule to help me sort out my mail is as follows:

If ALL of the following conditions are met:
1. Sender is NOT in my Address Book
2. Sender is NOT in my Previous Recipients
Perform the following actions:
Move message to Junk mailbox.

It's a pretty basic rule, innit? The problem with MobileMe Mail is that one can't even move unwanted mail to Junk mailbox, let alone filtering out one's address book contacts and previous recipients. So that's why for me, Rules are very very limited, pretty much useless.

P.S. My feature request was pretty simple: implement ALL of the desktop Mail's Rules.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.