Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A. Dumbledore

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2014
Is it normal for it being this close to September 9th and no invites to go out? I don't recall the time frame of the iPhone 5 unveil and the invites going out before. Does anyone know how far out they generally send out the invites?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Is it normal for it being this close to September 9th and no invites to go out? I don't recall the time frame of the iPhone 5 unveil and the invites going out before. Does anyone know how far out they generally send out the invites?

Last year they went out on September 3rd, for the event on September 10th.

secDJ

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2013
Lol. I laughed at this.

You're complaining about a logo that "is not black enough". Plus, this might be fake.

Please, wait until Apple at least unveil the iPhone 6 or you have it in your hands before you decide.

As always, the next iPhone will look stunning.

U seriously didn't get the sarcasm here? My god!

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Lol. I laughed at this.

You're complaining about a logo that "is not black enough". Plus, this might be fake.

Please, wait until Apple at least unveil the iPhone 6 or you have it in your hands before you decide.

As always, the next iPhone will look stunning.

He was summing up Sept 10th here on MR. He really is ok with the logo even though it is too black, and not black enough.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014

Is normal, next week the date will be officially confirmed as they'll send invitation to the press.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
U seriously didn't get the sarcasm here? My god!

Honestly, I wouldn't blame anyone for taking it seriously. With all the weird complaints, some people have, it's getting really difficult to tell apart satire from reality.

myforwik

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2014
So this pretty confirms that the silver and gold versions will once against have a white face, and the 'space grey' version will have a black face.

I am somewhat surprised by the logo. Does this mean if you run your finger over the back of the phone you will feel the where the phone meets the logo? Will dirt accumulate there? Or will it sit perfectly flush?

The other question is will the different color bodies have different coloured logos?

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Apple Logo too big

The Apple Logo looks too big. Could be from a MacBook 12" ;)

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I am somewhat surprised by the logo. Does this mean if you run your finger over the back of the phone you will feel the where the phone meets the logo? Will dirt accumulate there? Or will it sit perfectly flush?

It's the same as the iPad (Pre Air), iPad Mini and the original iPhone.

It's almost exactly flush, no chance of dirt getting in, you can barely feel it at all.

a.roden

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
Wolverhampton GB
An embedded logo? What a dealbreaker. Looks like I will stick with my iPhone 3G. They should fire Jony Ive. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. This shows the long slide downwards that Apple has been on for several years now. The logos on Android phones are much better. There is no more innovation from Apple anymore. The logo is too black. I can't believe they only use two holes to attach the logo to the case. Jony Ive messed it up again. The logo is not black enough. They should have improved battery capacity instead of messing with the logo. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. Once again they are concentrating on design instead of features. I guess this means there will be no 256GB iPhone 6. I thought Tim Cook was supposed to be an expert for logos. This is Jony Ive's fault again. As expected, no innovation. They should concentrate more on getting the design right instead of fiddling with all those new features. This looks like a 1:1 rip-off from Android. Looks like the logo will not have NFC. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs.

Don't forget that Tim has not; 'Doubled down on security'. And this logo means that theres still no solid proof 5.5" iPhone 6

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Maybe the new logo will stick out of the back exactly the same amount as the protruding camera and this still sit "flat" when lying on a desk or table??

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Maybe the new logo will stick out of the back exactly the same amount as the protruding camera and this still sit "flat" when lying on a desk or table??

Actually, 4 rubber "feet" (made by 3M) come in the box and get applied to the 4 corners of the phone. This way it sits flush, and won't slide when on a sloped surface. And if one of them happens to peel off, it's only $29.95 for a replacement 4 pack.

Pegamush

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2011
Actually, 4 rubber "feet" (made by 3M) come in the box and get applied to the 4 corners of the phone. This way it sits flush, and won't slide when on a sloped surface. And if one of them happens to peel off, it's only $29.95 for a replacement 4 pack.

LOL
i'd love to do that with my faithful 3gs just to look at my friends' faces when they notice that :D

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
About a week before the event has been the trend. Don't worry! You will get your chance to figure out the hidden/cryptic message(s) embedded in the invitation by tomorrow or Monday. :D

The invites will go out Tuesday Sept 2 if the event is the 9th. Monday is Labor Day in the US.

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
An embedded logo? What a dealbreaker. Looks like I will stick with my iPhone 3G. They should fire Jony Ive. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. This shows the long slide downwards that Apple has been on for several years now. The logos on Android phones are much better. There is no more innovation from Apple anymore. The logo is too black. I can't believe they only use two holes to attach the logo to the case. Jony Ive messed it up again. The logo is not black enough. They should have improved battery capacity instead of messing with the logo. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. Once again they are concentrating on design instead of features. I guess this means there will be no 256GB iPhone 6. I thought Tim Cook was supposed to be an expert for logos. This is Jony Ive's fault again. As expected, no innovation. They should concentrate more on getting the design right instead of fiddling with all those new features. This looks like a 1:1 rip-off from Android. Looks like the logo will not have NFC. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs.

ITS A LOGO - its probably sticks out so it goes on the back of the phone and doesn't point out at all!!!!
Anyway Jony Ive just designs thing, he is not in charge of the internal components!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.