Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Lol. I laughed at this.

You're complaining about a logo that "is not black enough". Plus, this might be fake.

Please, wait until Apple at least unveil the iPhone 6 or you have it in your hands before you decide.

As always, the next iPhone will look stunning.

LOOK UP! The joke!

Virinprew

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
An embedded logo? What a dealbreaker. Looks like I will stick with my iPhone 3G. They should fire Jony Ive. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. This shows the long slide downwards that Apple has been on for several years now. The logos on Android phones are much better. There is no more innovation from Apple anymore. The logo is too black. I can't believe they only use two holes to attach the logo to the case. Jony Ive messed it up again. The logo is not black enough. They should have improved battery capacity instead of messing with the logo. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. Once again they are concentrating on design instead of features. I guess this means there will be no 256GB iPhone 6. I thought Tim Cook was supposed to be an expert for logos. This is Jony Ive's fault again. As expected, no innovation. They should concentrate more on getting the design right instead of fiddling with all those new features. This looks like a 1:1 rip-off from Android. Looks like the logo will not have NFC. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs.

I will take your bait. Happy now?

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Maybe it's because I'm brand new to being a fan of Apple products but does anyone else roll their eyes every time they read "Steve Jobs" would have never allowed this? It's like people can read a dead guy's mind or something.
The worst part about it is that most of the time you can prove people wrong quite easily, but they don't listen. The day Jobs died, people began to build some nostalgic image of him that is simply wrong. Jobs was a human being who made mistakes, and quite a few of them are well-documented. Still, whenever certain people see something that is "wrong" about Apple in their eyes, they act as if nothing ever could have gone "wrong" under Steve Jobs.

One big point there is the whole "innovation" topic. According to some people, the lack of Steve Jobs is the reason for the supposed lack of innovation. But even when Jobs was around, Apple didn't have a new big magical innovative product every year. For example after the release of the first iPod, Apple spent something like seven years doing nothing else but churning out new iPod models which were basically just variations of the same successful product. But no... under Jobs, Apple would of course have had an iWatch in 2012, an iTV in 2013, an iHoverboard in 2014 and an iTimeMachine in 1915.

Steve Jobs is the guy who brought the world Ping, the one-button mouse, MobileMe and who told us that we are just holding it wrong if it doesn't work. Yes, he also brought us the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad, the Macbook Air and a lot of other great stuff, but not everything that he touched turned into pure gold, so I wish people could stop acting like it did.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
An embedded logo? What a dealbreaker.

[... Clever and obvious sarcasm trimmed for quote brevity ...]

There is "ample evidence" for the fact that people like you will flip-flop and change their minds as soon as the iPhone 6 is being released and "It is too black!!!" will turn into "Apple used the perfect black", "Samsungs black is ugly", "nobody needs any other black". Sycophants, fanboys and so on!

Hahaha, nice teamwork. :D

But I could be wrong. I have been before and probably will be again before the day is over.

Well, you’re definitely wrong here, so it’s good to get that out of the way nice and early. :D

scott911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2009
I hope apple's invested another nickle into the speaker quality of this latest release.

that's been #1 complaint on all these devices (iphone, ipads, etc.) since I bought the original iphone. And so, so easy for them to improve on...

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Hahaha, nice teamwork. :D

Well, you’re definitely wrong here, so it’s good to get that out of the way nice and early. :D

Yeah, I looked though some of dec.'s quotes. Seems as if I didn't even look up when I heard the sonic boom. I'm going to blame it on a broken Keurig and a lack of coffee earlier. :eek:

I gotta own up in my original post.

dauby88

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I hope apple's invested another nickle into the speaker quality of this latest release.

that's been #1 complaint on all these devices (iphone, ipads, etc.) since I bought the original iphone. And so, so easy for them to improve on...

It was definitely a complaint on the first few iPhones but I think the 5 and 5S have great speaker quality.

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2005
It was definitely a complaint on the first few iPhones but I think the 5 and 5S have great speaker quality.

These new iPhones will have Beats mini sub speaker tech in them. These leaks confirm the larger sub system. It's a customized version (naturally) but it's clearly beats. This will be a great upgrade sound wise. :D

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
I am glad they're spending so much time on getting the logo just right, cause I want everyone to know that I own an iPhone.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Yeah, I looked though some of dec.'s quotes. Seems as if I didn't even look up when I heard the sonic boom. I'm going to blame it on a broken Keurig and a lack of coffee earlier. :eek:

I gotta own up in my original post.

Yeah, I’ve kind of taken note of a few of their posts, so I can of knew where they stood. No worries, that was definitely all in fun. :cool:

Bummer about the Keurig, in additional to the big K75, we have a small single serve “backup” up in the bedroom (and a french press ...), to avoid that kind of catastrophe. :D

I’m actually on my second cup, Green Mountain Dark Magic. (pumpkin spice on the way from Amazon ) :)

coarserocks

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2003
Beige-colored home buttons?

Looking at the shot of the home buttons I'm surprised how grey they look (on the silver and gold models), rather than white like the current model. Is the white balance just off on this image? The photo seems great quality otherwise, which makes me wonder if Apple has had to move away from a white Touch ID sensor after all for technical reasons...

Last edited:

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Yes....that darn doubling down is loosening up finally.

Looking forward to the assembled iPhone 6 'leaks' that are sure to follow. :)

archi penko

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
The worst part about it is that most of the time you can prove people wrong quite easily, but they don't listen. The day Jobs died, people began to build some nostalgic image of him that is simply wrong. Jobs was a human being who made mistakes, and quite a few of them are well-documented. Still, whenever certain people see something that is "wrong" about Apple in their eyes, they act as if nothing ever could have gone "wrong" under Steve Jobs.

One big point there is the whole "innovation" topic. According to some people, the lack of Steve Jobs is the reason for the supposed lack of innovation. But even when Jobs was around, Apple didn't have a new big magical innovative product every year. For example after the release of the first iPod, Apple spent something like seven years doing nothing else but churning out new iPod models which were basically just variations of the same successful product. But no... under Jobs, Apple would of course have had an iWatch in 2012, an iTV in 2013, an iHoverboard in 2014 and an iTimeMachine in 1915.

Steve Jobs is the guy who brought the world Ping, the one-button mouse, MobileMe and who told us that we are just holding it wrong if it doesn't work. Yes, he also brought us the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad, the Macbook Air and a lot of other great stuff, but not everything that he touched turned into pure gold, so I wish people could stop acting like it did.

Well one of the most strategically smart moves, was to acquiesce and have iPods be dual platform.

Then moving to Intel-based platforms for dual-boot macs.

That and the iPhone sync with Windows (albeit thru iTunes), became the gateway drug to Macs. These 2 were one of the smartest business decisions Apple could've made. I'd like to know who made that decision... or presentation.

The other great decisions were:
- The Keynote presentations of products, allowed for front facing introduction to the Cult of Apple to the world, and its collective drool.
- Apple Stores
- After Steve Jobs was diagnosed (I mean literally the very first mention), they immediately moved to started to introduce the rest of the team on stage to also present parts of the Keynote. Whereas before SJ solely presented. This helped us, press, wider body of watchers over the course of 5 or so years get to know the team, and people, making a transition after his passing all the more easier to identify the key players. This was so smart. And even when they didn't know how big his health problems would affect him yet, they put a transition and public facing strategy in motion.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
These new iPhones will have Beats mini sub speaker tech in them. These leaks confirm the larger sub system. It's a customized version (naturally) but it's clearly beats. This will be a great upgrade sound wise. :D

That being true coupled with voice over LTE should be a signifcant upgrade.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
An embedded logo? What a dealbreaker. Looks like I will stick with my iPhone 3G. They should fire Jony Ive. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. This shows the long slide downwards that Apple has been on for several years now. The logos on Android phones are much better. There is no more innovation from Apple anymore. The logo is too black. I can't believe they only use two holes to attach the logo to the case. Jony Ive messed it up again. The logo is not black enough. They should have improved battery capacity instead of messing with the logo. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. Once again they are concentrating on design instead of features. I guess this means there will be no 256GB iPhone 6. I thought Tim Cook was supposed to be an expert for logos. This is Jony Ive's fault again. As expected, no innovation. They should concentrate more on getting the design right instead of fiddling with all those new features. This looks like a 1:1 rip-off from Android. Looks like the logo will not have NFC. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs.

Great post. The way things have gone here lately you will probably get dinged for trolling. If it makes you feel better I am pretty sure I will get suspended moments after hitting submit reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.