Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2014
iPhone-6-Logo-031.jpg

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
:eek: Please read his post again. While reading, keep thinking of this: :rolleyes:. The meaning of the post will be more readily apparent.;)

Edit: completely wrong about dec. He got it AND got it good. I thought about deleting the comment to him but mistakes should be owned, not glossed over.

next time the sarcastic post should be in the middle of the thread or you have to put SARCASM BELOW in the title.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Hmmh, I guess since the logo is modular, we’ll see some interesting mix~n~match when the part becomes available in the aftermarket. :D

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I'm going to blame it on a broken Keurig and a lack of coffee earlier. :eek:

WHAT? :eek: Now who gives a s-it about iPhone/iWatch/iWhatever(TM) parts and products when coffee is not available. You should get coffee ASAP, and fix/replace the Keurig with the utmost urgency. Do not waste your time here, man. It's a matter of survival, trust me.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Sept 12th !

That should be the day the reviewers who have said nice things about Apple all year long, will get their Iphone 6's to start their review. Non-disclosure agreements usually get lifted the night before the launch date.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I don't see the point in the separate logo unless it serves some kind of functional purpose...as some kind of sensor or something. Otherwise it just adds an extra part and takes up more internal space than having a flat surface with an etched logo.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
I don't understand why Apple pushed the Nano SIM standard, but uses such a huge SIM tray compared to the Nexus tray:

oem_lg_nexus_4_e960_sim_card_tray_5_.jpg

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
The logo is made of metal, so it is conductive. Mark my words that they might be putting in wireless charging on the iPhone.

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
It's not conductive if it's made from anodised aluminium.

Is it made of aluminum? Since the rest of the shell is made of aluminum, and if the logo is made of a conductive material, wouldn't that' be a great way to contact charge?

Anyway just an idea

onepremiere

macrumors regular
May 16, 2012
If only they lit the logo like a MacBook....:cool::apple:

*In a whiny girls voice "But it will drain the battery faster"
*Apple "Well we gave you the option to dim it, change the color and turn it off"
*In a whiny girls voice "Ohhhhh color..."

Talk about free advertising, not that they need it, but I think it would be a cool feature. Put a bunch of people together at say a concert, sporting event and you'd see a sea of little Apple logos.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Is it made of aluminum? Since the rest of the shell is made of aluminum, and if the logo is made of a conductive material, wouldn't that' be a great way to contact charge?

Anyway just an idea

You can't tell what the metal is by looking. Contact charging would be nice however they do it.

jpiett

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
Canada
i really wish they brought back the black/slate colour for the iPhone 6

or a colour combo to match my macbook pro.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Aluminium is so weak, I'm really confused why apple insist on anodising it, I prefer it raw as scratches don't show.

All the aluminium is anodised, it's just the "silver" parts haven't been dyed after anodising. Raw (un-anodised) aluminium would scratch incredibly easily. I always go for the un-dyed products as, like you say, the scratches don't show.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
There is "ample evidence" for the fact that people like you will flip-flop and change their minds as soon as the iPhone 6 is being released and "It is too black!!!" will turn into "Apple used the perfect black", "Samsungs black is ugly", "nobody needs any other black". Sycophants, fanboys and so on!

It's good to see you coming around in your thinking. :D

But what worries my is the raised logo digging into my wrist and the secret black coating putting a permanent Apple tattoo on my wrist.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Black embedded Apple logo? Dark Pit confirmed for the new Smash Bros! Wait... wrong forum.

In all seriousness, this is shaping up to be a beautiful phone. I hope they do something sexy with the white antenna bands (yes, I still think they are placeholders for some sexy solution).

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Hahaha, nice teamwork. :D

Well, you’re definitely wrong here, so it’s good to get that out of the way nice and early. :D

Too be fair, you'd really have to be a regular here like you and I to have caught dec. posting completely out of character to detect it. But if you got the inside joke this interchange was pure forum genius, loved it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.