Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Curiousstrngmint

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2001
Spikey

Does anyone (or, most likely, everyone) else agree with me that Spikey is forced to resort to using ****, **** or ass every third word to disguise the fact that he has absolutely nothing worthwhile or intelligent to contribute to this discussion?

Spikey: I especially appreciated your eloquent response to John's post about the difference between rumor and fact by pointing out that he "talks out his ass" and is only "farting."

I also was glad to know that the PS2 is a "**** console," that it had a "**** launch," that it "****ed up the gaming industry" and that it was a "**** up." Your persuasive powers are truly magnificent.

I hope that whoever on this site has administrative powers will expel or otherwise remove this infantile.

Hes Nikke

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2001
Re: s

Originally posted by Kela
so ummm aaa...anyone wanna give me a free mac?
I have a Mac 128k sitting in the dining room, i payed $6 for it, do you want it? :p

(that was a joke, i plan on restoring it to it's original gloory and having a boot race against my new TiBook, when ever that comes ^_^)

NOTE: it seems i missed a window in my dock when i posted in my little burst this morning :)

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
In support of

In support of SPikey, his posts were always filled with good info and accurate remarks. They have recently become like this since 2 POSTERs, JOHN123 and Megaquad, make it a point to give derogatory remarks on our so called "3rd Grade Education" and belittle every point made by me or Spikey and thats what can anger anybody.

Hes Nikke

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2001
Re: Re: Re: Wow

Originally posted by john123
Sorry, guy, but I don't think your delineation here is shared by all. Or even most, since I have spent the last three years actually working in computing services and all the technogeeks use the word "upgrade" to refer to both components and whole systems. [/B]

i only have 2 things to say here.

1st i don't think my defininition is sheard by all either, but i think yours is shared by fewer. but that's besideds the point, i pointed it out becuse some people might be confused (i thought that joyboy was using my definition whereas you were using your own)

2nd what does having been working in computing services for 3 years have anything to do with the above? i've been working in computer sales for the past 2 years, and guess what, upgrade is used interchangably, but it is used more in the context of a componat upgrade. (at least in my neck of the woods this is prbably a soda/pop/soda-pop kinda thing :))

[Edited by Hes Nikke on 08-31-2001 at 03:18 AM]

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
Oracle's CEO I hope.

YOu see Hes NIkke, the thing with JOhn123 is that whatever he sais, or "his" definition in this case HAS to be right. You know why? Cause he is from "the Harvard Club". LOL!!

John123: Question for you. Dont the members of the Harvard Club push you around since working in the computer "services" area cant be a Job high enough for a man of your "high" status or?

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
Re: Oracle's CEO I hope.

YOu see Hes NIkke, the thing with JOhn123 is that whatever he sais, or "his" definition in this case HAS to be right. You know why? Cause he is from "the Harvard Club". LOL!!

John123: Question for you. Dont the members of the Harvard Club push you around since working in the computer "services" area cant be a Job high enough for a man of your "high" status or?

Kela,can you please stop? You are only starting fight..
those administratots should delete all your messages..

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
ok im sorry

Ok Megaquad. Ill stop. From now on I will post only when neccessary. But if John123 sais something objectionable (like his comment on cd burning which started it all) you tell me to respond ok?

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow

Originally posted by Hes Nikke

2nd what does having been working in computing services for 3 years have anything to do with the above? i've been working in computer sales for the past 2 years, and guess what, upgrade is used interchangably, but it is used more in the context of a componat upgrade. (at least in my neck of the woods this is prbably a soda/pop/soda-pop kinda thing :))

"Services" can include sales. My department was actually called "Sales and Service," although the last time I was doing computer sales was for a year about 4 years ago.

Anyway, this is something of a pointless debate. People are going to choose the terms they prefer, and I am quite happy to use "upgrade" to refer to both components and whole systems.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: ok im sorry

Ok Megaquad. Ill stop. From now on I will post only when neccessary. But if John123 sais something objectionable (like his comment on cd burning which started it all) you tell me to respond ok?

My comment on burning was in response to being told I was "wrong." You can't provoke someone and expect them not to strike back.

But perhaps you have already forgotten the chronology. It's OK; I'm sure you took the short bus to school frequently, so we don't expect much from you.

Curiousstrngmint

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2001
Spikey again

Kela: Spikey's posts MAY have once been filled with accurate information but I don't think I've seen any information at all other than broad generalizations, like the comments about the PS2 and so forth.

Additionally, while you may be angry, those types of replies do not help your cause at all. If you think you're right stick to your guns. Whether you are or not rampant obscenity is not conducive to intelligent arguments.

And finally, most of the posts I'm incensed about are not in response to any criticism of Mr. Spikey that I've seen. The PS2 post, for example. If you want to get angry write an email. There are far more constructive means of expressing differences than "he talks out his ass."

For example, I'm fairly angry at Spikey, and you don't see me putting up posts like his. I hope I'm coherently and lucidly expounding on my position, because no one would be persuaded in the least if I said something like:

"spikey stop your ****ing cursing. you have no ****ing idea what the hell you're talking about. your **** makes no sense. go rip yourself a new *******."

See what I mean? I made MYSELF angry just writing it. We're not the Sopranos. Those types of posts just poison the whole site.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
Ok ****nuts, u think i shouldnt insult someone just because i use swearing?
swearing is just part of the english language and is aimed to insult someone, so in actual fact you ******** whether you like it or not it is just as bad as someone like john insulting me only without swearing.
And as for the broad generalizations, you call me mentioning the PS2 only having part anti-aliasing a broad generalization, you call me pointing out the difference in pipelline stages between athlons pentiums and G4s a "broad generalization, you call me pointing out why megahertz cant be directly proportional from chip to chip because of vector processing units a "broad generalization"
**** off you faggit u know nothing
Take your ****ing prudish temprement and stuff it up your own ass

If you are going to criticise someone for getting pissed off then you have to also criticise the provoker (john123), and you also have to criticise other people who get angry as much as me (john123). You should not judge what people say by the way that they speak or the amount of swearing because john got just as pissed off as me and he shared just as many insults as me. So ****head, see the content of what people say and not how they say it. ****head, i now officially hate you.

(oh and sorry john123 i was not singling you out but what i said had to be pointed out)

and i dont give a **** what you thing ****head, im gonna carry on speaking how i like until i get banned (if i do get banned)

[Edited by spikey on 09-02-2001 at 11:15 AM]

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
just a little something to think about.

Couriosstingment: You implied that John123 remains very calm during his posts right? Please read this quote from a mail he sent me in response to a comment I had made about him having no clue about CD burning.

" Kela you son of a bitch. You exhibit a brain power how it would be documented in the Bell Curve. Your posts are so ****ing bad that the admins of this forum send me mails telling me how stupid you are."

- now you tell me, this is the kind of stuff John123 sends me!!

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: just a little something to think about.

Couriosstingment: You implied that John123 remains very calm during his posts right? Please read this quote from a mail he sent me in response to a comment I had made about him having no clue about CD burning.

" Kela you son of a bitch. You exhibit a brain power how it would be documented in the Bell Curve. Your posts are so ****ing bad that the admins of this forum send me mails telling me how stupid you are."

- now you tell me, this is the kind of stuff John123 sends me!!

That's not from me, and here's how one would know it's not from me: the second sentence isn't even a sentence. The use of the word "how" is altogether inappropriate. That's a mistake I'd never make.

-J

Gallifrey

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
Come on guys... grow up and stay on subject

Your posts should all be nuked. Grow up your acting like todlers. IF you have to argue do it in ICQ or AIM please.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i do enjoy a good argument every once in a while, but all you guys do seem to be taking it a little far, i thought this thread was for a new Ti2G4, but i guess it's more about telling eachother that you are all ****ing retards.

my mistake i guess

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
if you dont like it then dont look at it you ****ing wanker.
If someone pisses me off then i dont let it go, so stop whining and put up with it.

jasper

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2001
usa
spikey- you are an *******. period. you are not smart and you are not tough and you are not mature. your drivel does not belong in this forum. none of us care to read your childish rants. please go away...

fallt

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2001
Ireland
Forgive me for being mistaken...

...but I thought this thread was about the possibility/possibilities of a new TiBook 2. Does the following really contribute anything (other than evidence of latent neolithic tendencies...):

"If you dont like it then don't look at it you ****ing wanker. If someone pisses me off then I dont let it go, so stop whining and put up with it."

Ouch! Grow up there and please do try and calm down; you'll give yourself a heart attack.

Curiousstrngmint

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2001
Don't put words in my mouth. You're wrong, Spikey, first of all. Insulting is not the same as swearing. Swearing may be a form of insulting but is far more offensive and crude and frankly unimpressive. "OK ****nuts?" What kind of a retort is that?

I didn't "imply" anything about John's posts. All I'm talking about is you, Spikey. Everything you say is not a broad generalization. The antialiasing point may very well be true. But you do make plenty of general unsupported statements. If you think the ps2 has ****ed up the gaming industry say why.

I'm not a prude at all. I curse plenty (and thank you, I know it's part of the English language) but at the level you curse it loses all effectiveness and meaning and just becomes obscene.

If Spikey believes that he has substantiated opinions on a topic he should feel free to post them, WITHOUT resorting to fourth-grade vocabulary to "argue." I'd be perfectly willing to read them.

But frankly I give up. I don't have the willpower or the tolerance for idiots or for those who may yet be intelligent but instead choose to offend the rest of us and ruin what was a perfectly reasonable discussion. Goodbye.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
Ok blind git****er, someone explain to me what part of this isnt an explanation for why the PS2 is ****

"the playstation2 doesnt even have anti-aliasing, it is very hard to program for, it is overpriced, ugly, it has destroyed games developers, it breaks, it had to be recalled god knows how many times, it had a late launch, it had a **** launch"

And tell me what parts of that are "unsupported statements"

Do i have to give you a website to explain every point in that list?
And about my language, if someone insults me then i insult them back and worse because i dont put up with it. hence the swears.

Good he left, go **** off. Your petty comments arent welcomed by me.

Stryker

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2001
Is Steve Jobs Going To Unvail Revised PowerBook in Sept?

So that I don't have to read FOUR pages of posts on the topic -- most of which seemed to take a left turn at Albuquerque -- can anyone tell me what they think (or hear rumors on) Apple will do with regard to the Titanium G4 PowerBooks in the next few months? I am trying to decide whether I should upgrade my 20GB HD (already upgraded from my G3 PowerBook 2000's original 6GB drive) to an IBM 48GB Travelstar or whether I should just get a new PowerBook later this year (which I want)? I'd like to upgrade to a G4 but want to wait to make sure (one way or the other) that Apple is/is not going to upgrade the speed of the PowerBooks (to 600+ MHz) as well as HD size and graphics card upgrade. Any CONCISE info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.