Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Dude, that Wii Zapper is awesome! Holy hell, I am buying that the second it comes out!

Edit SMASH ON DEC 3RD!

Edit 2: Wait, is there no online for Smash?! They talked about online for other games like MARIO KART (hahahahahahahaha! So happy) and Madden, but what about Smash?

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
For a second there, I almost thought Reggie was finally going to announce an "XBox Live" like online community service for Wii. *sigh* Oh well, Friend Codes for Mario Kart Wii? :eek:

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
I'm happy about the Smash Bros. release date and Mario Kart announcement, but this keynote is seeming like a snooze fest, too.

I'm hoping the Wii Zapper and racing wheel are not like those silly plastic add-ons that the third parties have been selling. Considering the Wii Remote has that port for expansion, they should've just made new controllers that hook up through the port.

E3 looks like it's lost it's excitement after getting shrunk the way it did. Here's to hoping Sony gives us a kick ass Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
For a second there, I thought I was going to fall asleep.

bumblebee mario, woooooooo

november 12th!

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
I'm happy about the Smash Bros. release date and Mario Kart announcement, but this keynote is seeming like a snooze fest, too.

I'm hoping the Wii Zapper and racing wheel are not like those silly plastic add-ons that the third parties have been selling. Considering the Wii Remote has that port for expansion, they should've just made new controllers that hook up through the port.

E3 looks like it's lost it's excitement after getting shrunk the way it did. Here's to hoping Sony gives us a kick ass Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer.

What was the release date for Smash? I missed it. I think they said Nov 12th for Galaxies.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
What was the release date for Smash? I missed it. I think they said Nov 12th for Galaxies.

December 3.

I guess Reggie is just stalling on purpose. The Mario Galaxies release date was definitely a surprise to me. Maybe the announcements won't be too bad :D

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
If you have Flip4Mac, the Gamespot one work quite nicely.

Pretty lackluster, in my opinion. E3 has really lost its touch.

Wii Fit looks good. But the exercises don't really seem that intense. Maybe the should've gotten some fitness guru to help out with making it like they had that doctor for Brain Age.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
It's over.

Long story short:

• New zapper add-on (Suggested retail price $19.99)
• Nintendo satisfied with their online offering
• Mario Kart Wii Online (Steering will add-on included)
• Wii Fit (I kinda like the idea)
• Buncha release dates

So far Microsoft's and Nintendo's keynotes were pretty uneventful. Let's see what Sony has in store.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
meh, nothing really exciting in that Press Conference.......some good news on the game dates, but thats about it.

0-2 thus far regarding E3 hype, maybe Sony can chock us with something.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Brain Age didn't benefit that much from the doctor. Honestly, almost all of Brain Age is just traditional cognitive tests put into a "game" setting. Wii Fit uses what's known as a force plate, though I'm assuming a very low level one. A good force plate will cost you thousands :). Still, some of it looks fun.

What made me happy during the Keynote:
Mario Galaxy! (Nov 12th, right?)
Mario Kart Wii! And it's online!
The Zapper!
Zelda: PH looks amazing!

What was mediocre:
Wii Fit. This will be good for a lot of people out there, but considering how much I already do to stay in shape, and that it uses a very toned down piece of hardware that I have in my lab, I'm not horrible impressed. At least not yet.

What was bad:
Smash isn't going to be online??? I don't know if this is true, but I didn't hear anything about smash being online, and they were talking about lots of others that were going to be, makes me think it won't. Can someone confirm this either way??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.