Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I just can't jump on the wiifit bandwagon...I thought I would be interested in it but its "meh"..but I guess I have to play it right praxis

After looking at the wheel a little bit more closely...will it come with a base or will it just be the wheel?...thats gonna hurt after a while.

Just asking...don't go all murderous fanboy on me.

*Praxis...you are at E3 right...is any of the wii titles there online enabled? Are they giving ya'll a sneak peek at the online flavor?

Bless

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Galaxies looks cool to me, but not really revolutionary...I mean kind of, but more of a refinement of the 3d Marios to me. Maybe it'll surprise me more, but seems like run and find stars and different ways to completion same as Mario 64...

Paul

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Dude. I dont see how anyone is worried if there is online in Brawl. Do you think with Nintendo making Madden, Fifa, and other 3rd party games online that they will drop one of the biggest titles that has absolute need for online?

Metroid dropped it because Metroid is not an online kind of game. Brawl will defenetly have it. No doubt at all.

I laugh in the face of anybody who thinks Super Smash Bros Brawl will be online.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
My prediction:

Smash Bros is online enabled, but Nintendo are keeping quiet about the feature until the 'Grand Unveiling' just before it's launch date.

They are simply going to drip feed news, and use the expectations to their advantage, a la Apple.

(...he types confidently...)

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I laugh in the face of anybody who thinks Super Smash Bros Brawl will be online.

Brawl is online. Are you joking?
Metroid Prime 3 was never announced online, they just came out and finally told people it wasn't to stop the speculation. Smash Bros HAS been announced online. Further, Super Mario Strikers Charged is online and it comes out before.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
*Praxis...you are at E3 right...is any of the wii titles there online enabled? Are they giving ya'll a sneak peek at the online flavor?
They've got online Wii titles like Mario Strikers Charged, but I don't know if the online modes are playable.

Probably beter to ask the Europeans here, they're already playing it.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I would be happy with random matchup system and a "invite a friend". I don't even have to have tournaments and leaderboards. Just online competition. I especially want to play with my fellow MR members. But be prepared as you will as be utterly owned by my mad skills as Dr. Mario and Shiek this winter.

Seriously. Start practicing now! :D

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
My prediction:

Smash Bros is online enabled, but Nintendo are keeping quiet about the feature until the 'Grand Unveiling' just before it's launch date.

They are simply going to drip feed news, and use the expectations to their advantage, a la Apple.

(...he types confidently...)

Again, where did you read this?

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
But be prepared as you will as be utterly owned by my mad skills as Dr. Mario and Shiek this winter.

Assuming they are still in it.

I'm getting the feeling that Shiek may not be in it (despite the fact Zelda is). I think Zero Suit Samus is now the new Shiek, judging by the moves I've seen her do.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Shiek was a very popular character. I doubt she won't be in it. ;) When they do a "Zelda" update on the blog, I'm sure it'll show her fully.
Dr. Mario being in it should be a given. I think they said the only characters to not be in it were Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, and Young Link.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I would be suprised if Dr Mario and Sheik were in it. I've never known anyone to play as either character.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Says who? Sakurai has mentioned he doesn't know if it would work (and by online I don't mean DLC or sharing levels, but online matches).

What are you talking about? Nintendo said it would be online at E3 2005 when they announced it was in development. They repeated it at E3 2006. They said it AGAIN a few months ago. NOBODY has said it was not online. The worst thing I've heard is Sakurai saying that online play might be limited (no tournaments or stat tracking), but that was an early comment.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
What are you talking about? Nintendo said it would be online at E3 2005 when they announced it was in development. They repeated it at E3 2006. They said it AGAIN a few months ago. NOBODY has said it was not online. The worst thing I've heard is Sakurai saying that online play might be limited (no tournaments or stat tracking), but that was an early comment.

I think I saw an interview with Reggie and was asked. He said no comment... O don't remember a confirmation. If they did say that in 2005, I'm sure that has changed since then, otherwise they would of made note of it like they did with Mario Kart, and that's not even coming out this year.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I would be suprised if Dr Mario and Sheik were in it. I've never known anyone to play as either character.

Really? :eek:

I pwn as them. Dr. Mario is my tournament character (I have won several using him). Hmm. Weird. Around here they're very popular. Lol. :p

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I think I saw an interview with Reggie and was asked. He said no comment... O don't remember a confirmation. If they did say that in 2005, I'm sure that has changed since then, otherwise they would of made note of it like they did with Mario Kart, and that's not even coming out this year.

I've seen 3 confirmations, one in 2005 (the Smash Bros announcement said it would be the big game to take the Revolution online, Iwata said it on stage), one in 2006 (TGS was it? or E3?) and one web page post.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
damn final exams didn't really get to follow it like i wanted:

wii fit: looks intresting but if it can have a huge impact depends on the reception and the amount of stuff which can be done with the board
for other games like skateboarding or snowboarding/ surfing it seems obvious but we have to wait what they can make out of it

mii showing of channel: quite a basic thing.. a DS demo channel would have been much nicer

mario kart wii online: mario kart DS led to a DS sales explosion, and the same can happen with the wii

lack of game trailers shown at presser but instead showing them afterwards: can you please do away with that ? it's seriously annoying

side note: dragon quest swords just launched in japan with 200k on the first day and on the way of selling out of it's planned 350k stock, so you can bet on it that TGS will bring some square enix announcments for the wii

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

Care to give a link then? The official web site doesn't mention it, the wikipedia article doesn't link to anything and GAf knows nothing of any announcement. I'd love to see it. The fact that Nintendo used part of their conference to outline online games and included games out next year is a pretty good indication.

Anyway, talking of misinterpreting statements from Nintendo:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/280997/

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C

Alright...thats seems a bit unneeded....since last word from Nintendo is, it will have online.

And since Pokémon and Striker Charged have it now....seems pointless not to add it. Also Madden and Fifa '08 will have it, before Brawl is released.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Care to give a link then?

Here's one

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

And another

July 3, 2007 - Nintendo of America said on Monday that its hotly anticipated new Wii fighter, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, will not be playable at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2007. According to representatives for the subsidiary contacted by IGN, Nintendo has chosen not to display the game in playable form because it has a wealth of other products to show, including some surprises. This, however, does not mean that a formally playable Brawl will not be unveiled in the near future - perhaps shortly after E3 - at a separate event.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl was originally set to release at Wii launch, but was delayed to 2007 in order to give the team working on it more development time. The game features a huge cast of mascot fighters, a great many recognizable background stages and more musical compositions from famous videogame composers than any other videogame in existence. In addition, gamers will be able to choose their favorite fighter and battle online against friends.

iLunar

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2006
Galaxies looks cool to me, but not really revolutionary...I mean kind of, but more of a refinement of the 3d Marios to me. Maybe it'll surprise me more, but seems like run and find stars and different ways to completion same as Mario 64...

Paul

Why does everything have to be "revolutionary"? I'm so sick of that term on tech boards. Its such a lame argument to knock something for "not being revolutionary".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.