Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
supermariogalaxy_sslg1.jpg

supermariogalaxy_sslg2.jpg

supermariogalaxy_sslg3.jpg

supermariogalaxy_sslg4.jpg

supermariogalaxy_sslg5.jpg

supermariogalaxy_sslg6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Yawn....better than MS though. I thought Reggie was going to explode on the "online" thing but once again we are in the dark.

MP is looking so good I can't wait for it. Mario is awesome...another must have.

I love how Nintendo is making so many controls....zapper, wheel..it beautiful.

I love brain age and the likes as much as the next man but damn more games! I'm surprised they didn't announce "Super Trace The Lines 2007 Pro" wii and ds editions.

Bless

iLunar

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2006
Wow, those Mario Galaxy shots look amazing. It looks so much more developed than the last time we saw it. I can't wait till November 12th!

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
By and large I'd say Galaxy is the best looking Wii title so far.
Very colorful and polished looking. Then again I wouldn't expect anything less from Nintendo. ;)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
That's what I've missed since Mario World - suits. And to a lesser degree the cape and stuff in M64. This is great. I think I'm more excited for Galaxy than Brawl now :eek:

Which is just as well! 2008...

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Nintendo’s first party Release Schedule

Wii

• Mario Strikers™ Charged - July 30
  • Metroid® Prime 3: Corruption - August 27
  • Donkey Kong® Barrel Blast - October 8
  • Battalion Wars™ 2 - October 29
  • Endless Ocean™ - October 29
  • Fire Emblem™ - November 5
  • Super Mario Galaxy™ - November 12
  • Super Smash Bros.® Brawl - December 3
  • Mario Kart® Wii (name not final) - Early 2008
  • Wii Fit™ - TBA

DS:

• Picross DS™ - July 30
  • Brain Age™ 2: More Training in Minutes a Day - August 20
  • DK™ Jungle Climber - September 10
  • The Legend of Zelda®: Phantom Hourglass - October 1
  • Chibi-Robo™: Park Patrol - October 2
  • Flash Focus™: Vision Training in Minutes a Day - October 15
  • Mario Party® DS - November 19
  • Nintendo Magic (name not final) - November 26
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village™ - December 3
  • Nintendo® Crossword (name not final) - TBA

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Works for me. Downloading.

So what, this game has 3 health points (compared to Mario 64's 9 or so). I hope they don't artificially make the game harder by just reducing the health. Still. OMG Mario Galaxy!

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

So what, this game has 3 health points (compared to Mario 64's 9 or so). I hope they don't artificially make the game harder by just reducing the health. Still. OMG Mario Galaxy!

Yeah, I noticed that too. Mario with Health points is weird for me, the less the better.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Already has a date of August 27th, I Bee-lieive.

Mario Galaxy Trailer:

http://press.nintendo.com/e32007/gameplay_videos/SMG _broll_FINAL.zip

Ghost Mario!

Looks amazing. I'm seeing a lot of cool gameplay elements. Like pointing the Wiimote at enemies to stun them. I'm really looking forward to this.

Maybe you can obtain more health points as you progress. If not, I don't think 3 is that bad. I thought the M64 had too much health anyways.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
So is there a possibility that Wii fit accesory will be used with that mario sonic olympic game? Kind of like the power pad. It's be awesome if you could run on that thing.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
So is there a possibility that Wii fit accesory will be used with that mario sonic olympic game? Kind of like the power pad. It's be awesome if you could run on that thing.

Seems more like a scale to me, no buttons.
Just sensors that sense weight and shifting weight/leaning to one side.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Nintendo’s first party Release Schedule

Wii

• Mario Strikers™ Charged - July 30
  • Metroid® Prime 3: Corruption - August 27
  • Donkey Kong® Barrel Blast - October 8
  • Battalion Wars™ 2 - October 29
  • Endless Ocean™ - October 29
  • Fire Emblem™ - November 5
  • Super Mario Galaxy™ - November 12
  • Super Smash Bros.® Brawl - December 3
  • Mario Kart® Wii (name not final) - Early 2008
  • Wii Fit™ - TBA

DS:

• Picross DS™ - July 30
  • Brain Age™ 2: More Training in Minutes a Day - August 20
  • DK™ Jungle Climber - September 10
  • The Legend of Zelda®: Phantom Hourglass - October 1
  • Chibi-Robo™: Park Patrol - October 2
  • Flash Focus™: Vision Training in Minutes a Day - October 15
  • Mario Party® DS - November 19
  • Nintendo Magic (name not final) - November 26
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village™ - December 3
  • Nintendo® Crossword (name not final) - TBA

Despite a sucky conference Nintendo has a really great holiday line up of games.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Despite a sucky conference Nintendo has a really great holiday line up of games.

And That's not counting third parties.

It would have to be pretty solid to support somebody running on that thing. I can see it more being used for skateboarding/snowboarding games.

Antares

macrumors 68000

Indeed. That is a great lineup.

It would have to be pretty solid to support somebody running on that thing. I can see it more being used for skateboarding/snowboarding games.

It could end up in very limited use... ala the Donkey Kong bongos. But I would love it if that thing gets wider support. I could imagine it adding a lot more immersion to games (Especially when used in conjunction with the Wii Remote motions).

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I can't wait for Galaxy and Mario Kart!!!! Brawl should be fun, but these games are just eating at my mind right now, especially with the wii wheel for Mario Kart and confirmed online play! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:)

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Very impressed here; Nintendo did not announce a lot of games, admittedly, but Mario Kart, the fact that ALL previously announced games are actually coming out in 2007 and not next year, and Wii Fit and massive amounts of third party support (100 Wii 140 DS games) made up for it.

Seriously here. People yawning about Wii Fit are idiots. I did too at first, then I tried the thing. It's incredibly accurate; I was sweating after playing Hula Hoops. I did the skiing game and my muscle movements and weight shifts in my feet controlled the turning.

It was really, really good. I want to see a Tony Hawk game using the Balance Board.

Yawn....better than MS though. I thought Reggie was going to explode on the "online" thing but once again we are in the dark.

Wow. You of all people. Reggie was practically TALKING TO YOU. He said he's seen people complaining about Nintendo not taking online seriously, and asking when they would. He said, "What if we had and you didn't know?" Then he started showing off a series of third party online games.

Third. Party. Online.

You just put up an entire thread complaining about how Nintendo wasn't giving out third party online dev kits and they've just been doing it in secret. He listed off like five or six third party online games including Guitar Hero III which is coming out in like 2-3 months and Madden 08.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.