Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Seriously here. People yawning about Wii Fit are idiots. I did too at first, then I tried the thing. It's incredibly accurate; I was sweating after playing Hula Hoops. I did the skiing game and my muscle movements and weight shifts in my feet controlled the turning.
Wii Fit is mine for sure. It looks absolutely fantastic - they are going to sell a gazillion of these. I'd also lay money on seeing them equipped in many, many hospitals as a rehabilitation/physiotherapy device. Skiing/snowboarding and skateboarding games = awesome.

From that BMI graph it looks like they've taken some cues of the functionality like the Nike+ ipod. Did they have the ability to set goals and compete online against other people - i.e. X number of pushups per month etc? I should probably read some more about it.....

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Wii Fit is mine for sure.

Absolutely!

Yoga and aerobics being monitored and recorded. (Hopefully challenges and the like, plus an online league table to compare with your friends and family - please Nintendo, please.)

Ladies and gentleman we have Nintendo's next multi-million seller.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Wii Fit sounds great. I know people who will be happy, the main reason they bought the wii & wii sports was for some easy excerise, so this will be ideal.

However just wondering......

Nov 12 - Mario Galaxy
Dec 3 - Smash Bros

Are these USA release dates.... I'd be concerned that Europe may be left waiting yet again. After all we dont even have Super Paper Mario until the end of September.... :(:(

My prophecy of no Mario Galaxy till 2008 could still come true for Europe.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Wii Fit sounds great. I know people who will be happy, the main reason they bought the wii & wii sports was for some easy excerise, so this will be ideal.

However just wondering......

Nov 12 - Mario Galaxy
Dec 3 - Smash Bros

Are these USA release dates.... I'd be concerned that Europe may be left waiting yet again. After all we dont even have Super Paper Mario until the end of September.... :(:(

My prophecy of no Mario Galaxy till 2008 could still come true for Europe.

As a fellow PAL I think we'll be OK. Nintendo will be trying to hit up chrissy big time, and there's no better way than a big title like Mario Galaxy (or smash bros) to appeal. We can't be left in the cold this time!

Can we :(?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
missed Sky Blues post? For Europe -

Wii Software Release Date
Big Brain Academy for Wii (Nintendo) 20th July 2007
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Nintendo / Atlus) 10th August 2007
Super Paper Mario (Nintendo) 14th September 2007
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Nintendo) 26 October 2007
Forever Blue (tentative title) (Nintendo)
(US title: Endless Ocean) Q4 2007
Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) Q4 2007
Battalion Wars 2 (Nintendo) Q4 2007
Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom) Q4 2007
Pokémon Battle Revolution (Nintendo) Q4 2007
Wii Fitness (Nintendo) 2008
Mario Kart Wii (tentative title) (Nintendo) 2008
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) 2008

Nintendo DS Software Release Date
Elite Beat Agents (Nintendo) 13th July 2007
Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl (Nintendo) 27thJuly 2007
Freshly Picked - Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland (Nintendo) 14th September 2007
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo) 19 October 2007
Donkey Kong Jungle Climber (Nintendo) October 2007
Naruto DS (Nintendo) October 2007
English Training 2 (tentative title) (Nintendo) October 2007
Mario Party DS (Nintendo) Q4 2007
Vision Training (tentative title) (Nintendo)
(US title: Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day) Q4 2007
Advance Wars 2 (Nintendo) Q4 2007

To sum it all up - everything this year. 'Cept Wii Fitness, Mario Kart and Brawl.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
I hope not, but past experience says otherwise doesn't it. :(
It'll be different this time :eek:.

I've also decided I want this game to go with the WiiFit. Shiggy get to it.

martyit8.jpg

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
DS:

• Picross DS™ - July 30
  • Brain Age™ 2: More Training in Minutes a Day - August 20
  • DK™ Jungle Climber - September 10
  • The Legend of Zelda®: Phantom Hourglass - October 1
  • Chibi-Robo™: Park Patrol - October 2
  • Flash Focus™: Vision Training in Minutes a Day - October 15
  • Mario Party® DS - November 19
  • Nintendo Magic (name not final) - November 26
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village™ - December 3
  • Nintendo® Crossword (name not final) - TBA
Have fun with Picross and Nintendo Magic (if it's what I think it is)! :rolleyes: There maybe a reason they are selling for $5.50 a piece. At least with Nintendo Magic you get a deck of cards.

The Vision Training game isn't too bad but gets boring after about a week.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Wow. You of all people. Reggie was practically TALKING TO YOU. He said he's seen people complaining about Nintendo not taking online seriously, and asking when they would. He said, "What if we had and you didn't know?" Then he started showing off a series of third party online games.

Third. Party. Online.

You just put up an entire thread complaining about how Nintendo wasn't giving out third party online dev kits and they've just been doing it in secret. He listed off like five or six third party online games including Guitar Hero III which is coming out in like 2-3 months and Madden 08.

It's a start.
Now get rid of the codes and I'll be more impressed. :p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

I caught that earlier (if it's the same walkthrough vid). I hope it's an insanely massive game, looks like it's quite non-linear.

I had an idea a while ago, where if a player did well on a level they would ascend up to a harder level. But that requires so many levels, though does open up a lot of replayability. I'd love to see that in action in a well designed game like Mario Galaxy.

edit: okay. I just caught the Mario Kart Wii announcement video. Online battle mode. oh. yes. That is all MKDS was missing.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Wow. You of all people. Reggie was practically TALKING TO YOU. He said he's seen people complaining about Nintendo not taking online seriously, and asking when they would. He said, "What if we had and you didn't know?" Then he started showing off a series of third party online games.

Third. Party. Online.

You just put up an entire thread complaining about how Nintendo wasn't giving out third party online dev kits and they've just been doing it in secret. He listed off like five or six third party online games including Guitar Hero III which is coming out in like 2-3 months and Madden 08.

b-b-but the SNK man said there would be no online third party games this year, so Reggie is a LIAR.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
missed Sky Blues post? For Europe -

To sum it all up - everything this year. 'Cept Wii Fitness, Mario Kart and Brawl.

Q4 is that Fiscal Quarter or Calender Year ? Remember if it's Fiscal Quarter it could be up-to March 2008.

I'm still not going to get my hopes up.

And no Wii Fitness to 2008 ? OMG..... That sucks major ASS!!!

That means people who have been waiting for another Wii Sports style game have had to wait upto 18 months between titles. That's a pile of crap. Nintendo want to appeal to non-gamers and came out of the starting grid racing with Wii Sports and yet now where are we ? 2008 is an utter joke.

For casual/non gamers it seems the Wii = The new sandwich toaster
Everyone has one, but the majority are in the cupboard doing sweet FA.

Nintendo and non / casual gaming audience is the biggest joke in history. The only people who think that kind of time frame between titles is exceptable is Nintendo fanboys, and I'm sorry but your not the audience they were meant to appeal to.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Bobber205 weeps sadly to himself

No online play in SSBB? Or did they just not say either way? I'll be so sad if no online. :(

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
Just because Reggie didn't mention it, I don't think it means online play for Brawl is nonexistent.

It sounds like Nintendo wants to do an event before the release of Brawl, so we will probably hear a lot more about the game then. There's plenty of time between now and December.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
They haven't said either way about online in Smash Brothers.
I think they only title they mentioned online about was Mario Kart.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
That's what I keep hearing but I have yet to read it anywhere credible.

Dude. I dont see how anyone is worried if there is online in Brawl. Do you think with Nintendo making Madden, Fifa, and other 3rd party games online that they will drop one of the biggest titles that has absolute need for online?

Metroid dropped it because Metroid is not an online kind of game. Brawl will defenetly have it. No doubt at all.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Dude. I dont see how anyone is worried if there is online in Brawl. Do you think with Nintendo making Madden, Fifa, and other 3rd party games online that they will drop one of the biggest titles that has absolute need for online?

Metroid dropped it because Metroid is not an online kind of game. Brawl will defenetly have it. No doubt at all.

Well it's kind of different for a fighter, especially one like Smash. The simplest delay will greatly affect the gameplay. I think Nintendo does want to add the online otion, but due to contraints, they are keeping it underwraps until they are sure of the online abilities.

But I would agree online play for Smash would be absolutely amazing. Competion would be awesome.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Mario Football plays a lot faster than Smash Bros Melee. So long as you play someone with 3 stars+, there won't be a problem. Theres a lot of data being sent across too (10 characters, ball, items).

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Mario Football plays a lot faster than Smash Bros Melee. So long as you play someone with 3 stars+, there won't be a problem. Theres a lot of data being sent across too (10 characters, ball, items).

I hope you're right but I still think a fighting game where constant hits are critical makes or breaks a game would really suck. In a racing or sport game, it's more.... bearable, I guess that's what I'm trying to get at.

Anyone see the new developer video for Galaxies? Looks awesome.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21742.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.