Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Surprised there is no thread on this already.
Seems like an incremental upgrade from the Phone (1), but for the price it looks pretty solid.

I still think the light up glyph back is a huge gimmick, but I would love to try this phone. It looks like an Android iPhone in terms of the design (large, flat display with flat sides), which could be pretty nice.

The camera is meant to be decent too, which for the price, is also a win.

I think it looks so cool.

nothing-phone-2-design-uk-2023-4e36bb8.png

nothing-phone-2-features-uk-2023-312bc26.png

edubfromktown

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
I just saw a thread about this I thought. For an android phone it looks cool but I would never due to the Os
Once you get away from iOS, it becomes self evident LOL

I used iPhones from 3gs to 8Plus and finally threw in the towel with no regrets in terms of mobile phones.

Still have one iPad (primary- mostly for idiotic credit card payments and auth when I rebuild a Mac computer) and also work with number of macOS systems (from Mojave to current) on a daily basis.

Reactions: zevrix and raqball

francoismatronis

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2023
Nothing Phone (2) is an absolute marvel, a breathtaking masterpiece that surpasses anything I’ve seen before! Its specs are mind-bogglingly powerful, and combined with the price tag will leave competitors trembling in awe. The design aesthetic is nothing short of a revolution, pushing the boundaries of imagination and redefining elegance. Watching the keynote, I found my mind utterly melting by the exquisitely beautiful software design language.

I’ve ordered mine already and can’t wait to get Nothing Phone (2) in my sweaty hands.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Nothing Phone (2) is an absolute marvel, a breathtaking masterpiece that surpasses anything I’ve seen before! Its specs are mind-bogglingly powerful, and combined with the price tag will leave competitors trembling in awe. The design aesthetic is nothing short of a revolution, pushing the boundaries of imagination and redefining elegance. Watching the keynote, I found my mind utterly melting by the exquisitely beautiful software design language.

I’ve ordered mine already and can’t wait to get Nothing Phone (2) in my sweaty hands.
Carl?

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Surprised there is no thread on this already.
Seems like an incremental upgrade from the Phone (1), but for the price it looks pretty solid.

I still think the light up glyph back is a huge gimmick, but I would love to try this phone. It looks like an Android iPhone in terms of the design (large, flat display with flat sides), which could be pretty nice.

The camera is meant to be decent too, which for the price, is also a win.

I think it looks so cool.

nothing-phone-2-design-uk-2023-4e36bb8.png

nothing-phone-2-features-uk-2023-312bc26.png
Yep, the best description that comes to my mind is “Android iPhone”. It looks so minimalist and elegant, especially on the new grey color. I love it.

However, as many already said, I prefer iOS because I don’t want to use a Google operating system.

Reactions: swarlos

CraigJDuffy

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
I just saw a thread about this I thought. For an android phone it looks cool but I would never due to the Os
More than the OS - customer support is what I found was lacking when I was on android. Hardware issue with your phone? You better be willing to ship it to the manufacturer and be without a device for a couple weeks. Compare that with Express Replacement from Apple where they ship you a new phone before your old phone is even sent back.

Until android manufacturers are willing to step up in this department I am iPhone loyal.

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2017
I ordered the phone, but I cancelled it the next day (lol), and I received a refund a few days later. Yet, the phone shipped out to me today... since I am in the U.S., it's legal to keep the phone despite Nothing's mistake?
Whether it is legal or not is irrelevant: there is also such a thing as ethics… if you would make a mistake with financial impact, you’d also want others to do the right thing.

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
Whether it is legal or not is irrelevant: there is also such a thing as ethics… if you would make a mistake with financial impact, you’d also want others to do the right thing.

If Apple accidentally sent me something for free I absolutely wouldn't hesitate to keep it. They can't lecture me on ethics and morals with the stuff they've done. It's not like I'm stealing from mom and pop.

Margrave

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2022
I am, but I wasn't taught anything about consumer law yet. 😆
Why would you not return it, regardless what the law may say, which most likely doesn’t say keep something that does not belong to you, there is a moral and ethical law of doing whats right. What kind of a lawyer do you expect to be come, one who uses the law to help people and business do the right thing or work out on the dark edge

Reactions: JayMysterio

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
More than the OS - customer support is what I found was lacking when I was on android. Hardware issue with your phone? You better be willing to ship it to the manufacturer and be without a device for a couple weeks. Compare that with Express Replacement from Apple where they ship you a new phone before your old phone is even sent back.

Until android manufacturers are willing to step up in this department I am iPhone loyal.
I once completely destroyed my iPhone camera and Apple fixed it in an hour and a half with no appointment. I don’t think you’d get that out of any android brand short of being an NYC resident.

Anyways, I would never go back to android full time but I might pick up one of these one day as a test unit for android apps. Very nice looking device.

Reactions: danb1979

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2017
If Apple accidentally sent me something for free I absolutely wouldn't hesitate to keep it. They can't lecture me on ethics and morals with the stuff they've done. It's not like I'm stealing from mom and pop.
Your thinking is flawed: moral failures of others do not entitle you to do the same. If everyone would do that, the world would be an even crappier place than it already is.

But then again, in our modern society everyone seems to know what their rights and entitlements are, moral duties… not so much.

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Your thinking is flawed: moral failures of others do not entitle you to do the same. If everyone would do that, the world would be an even crappier place than it already is.

But then again, in our modern society everyone seems to know what their rights and entitlements are, moral duties… not so much.
Apple makes an obscene amount of money a year and sells several iPhones per hour. They can eat the cost of one iPhone occasionally. This doesn’t hurt anyone with a face, just an abstract concept of a group of people. I would feel a little bad for Nothing since they’re smaller but probably still wouldn’t return it.

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2017
Apple makes an obscene amount of money a year and sells several iPhones per hour. They can eat the cost of one iPhone occasionally. This doesn’t hurt anyone with a face, just an abstract concept of a group of people. I would feel a little bad for Nothing since they’re smaller but probably still wouldn’t return it.

That is all irrelevant: whether Apple makes billions or not, keeping a product you did not pay is wrong. You can try to rationalize it all you want but it speaks to the kind of person you are. It is not because other people or corporations engage in reprehensible activities that you should do the same.

Anyway, what goes around comes around ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.