Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I actually straight-up told them about the U.S.'s consumer law (Americans have the legal right to keep an item a company mistakingly sends them), and I asked them if they would honor this. If they say no, I will ship it back to them and ask them to cover the shipping costs.
I love it.

I really hope they let you keep it or offer it at a ridiculous discount.

I really should have learned the law a long time ago.

I assume since you said you are shipping it back that they already said no?

Nothing doesn't know but you could be advertising for the company if they were to be very generous as I am very doubtful they would be at launch.

Good luck regardless of the outcome and keep up the good work at school!

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
I love it.

I really hope they let you keep it or offer it at a ridiculous discount.

I really should have learned the law a long time ago.

I assume since you said you are shipping it back that they already said no?

Nothing doesn't know but you could be advertising for the company if they were to be very generous as I am very doubtful they would be at launch.

Good luck regardless of the outcome and keep up the good work at school!
I agree with everything you said! I will definitely give Nothing a shoutout if they allow me to keep the phone.

Also, the phone's flat screen has me very excited for the Pixel 8 Pro!

Reactions: 5105973

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
Screenshot_20230717_194542_Spark.jpg

😀

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
That is awesome! So now we have to support nothing phone 2!

I like when an error turns into a win!

You will have to tell us how you like it and a mini review when you just happen to have extra time. Lol

So who's stealing now? Lol.

Give people a chance to do the right thing and often times they do even if a little legal nudge helped to jog their memory. This shows it.

Reactions: 5105973

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I ended up unboxing the Phone (2) since I am very curious about it still. Some thoughts:

- It's incredibly smooth; it did not heat up at all while everything was downloading
- I love NothingOS. It removes some Pixel frustrations. I especially love the lock screen widgets
- Nothing uses AccuWeather as its weather source and I find it quite inaccurate, so I turned it off. I wish Nothing would allow us to use Google as a source instead (or other sources)
- The haptics feel very cheap

And, lastly, I love the glyphs. I actually have my phone on its face often, so the glyphs are very helpful. If I did not have my S23U, I would keep this as my side Android.
Thank you for your thoughts on the phone. I am curious what was the shipping time from order til you received the phone? Did it ship from the US?

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
That is awesome! So now we have to support nothing phone 2!

I like when an error turns into a win!

You will have to tell us how you like it and a mini review when you just happen to have extra time. Lol

So who's stealing now? Lol.

Give people a chance to do the right thing and often times they do even if a little legal nudge helped to jog their memory. This shows it.
Thank you for the kind messages. I'm glad I did the right thing. I don't feel guilty, and I was rewarded with a free phone!

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Yes please give us an update on your thoughts on the phone.. also if you can give it a good run with the camera I've seen some reviews where a few of the pics look great and then I saw some where some of the pics left a little bit to be desired..

Reactions: 5105973 and jamezr

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
- The haptics feel very cheap
That's all I needed to not make me buy it. There's zero excuse for poor haptics.
I knew this from MKBHD's review to be fair as he said they are "audible" or something of that effect - basically you can 'hear' them which is the absolute worst for haptics on a phone.

So thanks for confirming they're cheap. You lost a sale, Nothing.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Surprised there is no thread on this already.
Seems like an incremental upgrade from the Phone (1), but for the price it looks pretty solid.

I still think the light up glyph back is a huge gimmick, but I would love to try this phone. It looks like an Android iPhone in terms of the design (large, flat display with flat sides), which could be pretty nice.

The camera is meant to be decent too, which for the price, is also a win.

I think it looks so cool.

nothing-phone-2-design-uk-2023-4e36bb8.png

nothing-phone-2-features-uk-2023-312bc26.png

My arrives Wednesday.
Will start (or add to this one) sometime after that.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2017
Did you read my comment at all? An eye for an eye points to an equally immoral action in response. I'm saying passively not returning an accidentally delivered iPhone is not as immoral as what Apple has done.
The concept of morality is not some convenient gradient where you get to choose what suits your interest: keeping something you did not pay for is wrong and no amount of other worldly wrongs by whoever will justify your wrong choices.

There is no passive aspect at all: you choose not to return something while you know damn well who sent you the item and how you could return it.

Grow up.

Reactions: raqball

HouseLannister

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2021
The concept of morality is not some convenient gradient
Sure it is. The entire concept of right and wrong is entirely subjective. There is no universal truth. It is all created in the mind of the individual based on their parental, cultural, and religious upbringing. Your code of conduct is yours, not mine. We are not all the same. Plenty of people have done very vile things and taken the moral high ground because they said it was what they thought it was "right." If you grew up without the concept of sin, then your thoughts on this whole thread are entirely different and valid. Similarly, if you grew up in a country without capitalism, then you probably have very different thoughts on whether a company should be paid for a commodity they shipped accidently. That doesn't make that viewpoint incorrect.

That said, how's the battery life? :)

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
The concept of morality is not some convenient gradient where you get to choose what suits your interest: keeping something you did not pay for is wrong and no amount of other worldly wrongs by whoever will justify your wrong choices.

There is no passive aspect at all: you choose not to return something while you know damn well who sent you the item and how you could return it.

Grow up.

The concept of morality is a gradient. It's certainly not binary. I believe I never stated that in this situation keeping the phone is moral, rather I would not label it immoral. Suiting my interest has nothing to do with it. Apple's loss of a phone is insignificant to them and given their history conduct I wouldn't be interest in giving them the time of day. I would let Apple contact me to correct their mistake rather than make the effort to contacting them. That's the passive aspect to this. As I said before if the situation was different, such that the loss of a phone could be a significant for them (private seller of small business for example) I would try my best to return the phone despite it being against my 'interest' so to speak.

You're oversimplifying.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Back to the phone discussion please.

So the display on the Nothing phones is flat like the current iPhone's right?

Not to go off topic here, but the Pixel 8 Pro is said to be going flat screen as well, but the leaks so far point to it having more of a Pixel 4 XL "flat screen" with that slight minor 2.5 curved edge.

I do not think the Pixel 8 Pro will have a flat display like the iPhone or Nothing phone.

Back to the Nothing Phone 2, would it be correct in saying it looks and feels almost like an iPhone 14 Pro Max, but running stock Android.

edubfromktown

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2010
East Coast, USA

Not to go off topic here, but the Pixel 8 Pro is said to be going flat screen as well, but the leaks so far point to it having more of a Pixel 4 XL "flat screen" with that slight minor 2.5 curved edge.

I do not think the Pixel 8 Pro will have a flat display like the iPhone or Nothing phone.

Back to the Nothing Phone 2, would it be correct in saying it looks and feels almost like an iPhone 14 Pro Max, but running stock Android.
Yes, Nothing 2 has a flat display (similar to OnePlus 8T) and looks to be a solid mid-tier Android device option.

Think I'm going to wait and see what Pixel 8/8 Plus have to offer.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016

OS-wise, the P(2) is incredibly smooth and snappy. I've had no issues with the software at all. I don't have a 14 Pro Max, so I can't compare performance. But it's as smooth as my 13 Pro Max, if that helps.

Hardware-wise, though, this phone definitely feels cheaper. The haptics are horrible and I barely feel notification vibrations. Otherwise, I honestly love this phone.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Review from MrWhosTheBoss stated this... that Nothing 2 copied the look of the 14 Pro Max (even the width of the bezels), but the weight of the Nothing 2 is lighter.
Yup watched it yesterday and he even did the behind the back guess which one trick haha ...though I'm sure not iPhone premium but definitely lighter ..cameras look to be okay but lacking in some areas from all the reviews I've seen ...

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Yup watched it yesterday and he even did the behind the back guess which one trick haha ...though I'm sure not iPhone premium but definitely lighter ..cameras look to be okay but lacking in some areas from all the reviews I've seen ...
And I think that's the smart approach, tbh. Carl Pei stated that Nothing competes with the iPhone... so I guess it makes sense to copy it, not the Pixel, Galaxy or any other Android phone.

I like what the company is doing, I wouldn't mind purchasing some product from them... but I'll have to pass on a phone because I don't care to have a secondary phone and the headphones look great. But I like the consolation I get from the Samsung Wearable app... given I have the Watch and Buds.

I know they might never consider it, but If they made some type of transparent mechanical keyboard... I'll be open to buying that.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
And I think that's the smart approach, tbh. Carl Pei stated that Nothing competes with the iPhone... so I guess it makes sense to copy it, not the Pixel, Galaxy or any other Android phone.

I like what the company is doing, I wouldn't mind purchasing some product from them... but I'll have to pass on a phone because I don't care to have a secondary phone and the headphones look great. But I like the consolation I get from the Samsung Wearable app... given I have the Watch and Buds.

I know they might never consider it, but If they made some type of transparent mechanical keyboard... I'll be open to buying that.
Totally understandable..I'm with you and it would be really cool on the keyboard...

Reactions: Ludatyk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.