Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Has anyone tested this on Verizon or visible? I know they say it’s not compatible but I mean Verizon is pretty much a gsm carrier now because of LTE and 5G.

Reactions: jamezr

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Anyone have or had the S23 Ultra and the Nothing 2? Honestly which phone is smoother more fluid?

But I'd guess the display and battery are way better on the S23U?

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
Anyone have or had the S23 Ultra and the Nothing 2? Honestly which phone is smoother more fluid?

I have both. Honestly, I feel that both phones are just as smooth. I'm genuinely surprised by how we OneUI is performing. Buttery smooth since day one. P2's battery is great; I end the day with about 40% left (I have my SIM in my iPhone, but I do everything, including texting, on the P2), which is the same as the S23U. I have no issue with the P2's display: bright and crisp. I just wish the screen got brighter like S23U (brightness champ).

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I'm still rocking the Pixel 7 Pro then. Honestly I'm not hating the phone or anything like that. I think I'm just bored and looking for something new.

My gut tells me wait for the Pixel 8 Pro. Or maybe if I find a killer deal on the S23U I'd get it.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

I have and am using both. The SIM from my S23U is in the NP2 as we speak.
The S23U is a flagship level device. The NP2 is not. I would call the NP2 a upper mid tier device.

Using both in hand, the S23U is smoother, faster, has better battery life, much better camera system, and the SPen.
It also has Samsung (that's somewhat of a negative) built in while the NP2 is close to stock Android.
Display for each is close but the S23U is better.

For me the NP2 would be a decent backup or alternative based on cost. It has the glyphs (nice touch) and the NE2 ear buds (real good).

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
I'm still rocking the Pixel 7 Pro then. Honestly I'm not hating the phone or anything like that. I think I'm just bored and looking for something new.

My gut tells me wait for the Pixel 8 Pro. Or maybe if I find a killer deal on the S23U I'd get it.
I genuinely might sell my S23U to get the P8Pro. I didn't realize how much I miss stock Android until I got the N2.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
That is all irrelevant: whether Apple makes billions or not, keeping a product you did not pay is wrong. You can try to rationalize it all you want but it speaks to the kind of person you are. It is not because other people or corporations engage in reprehensible activities that you should do the same.

Anyway, what goes around comes around ;)
Amazon doesn’t think it’s wrong. I tried to return a telescope they somehow sent me two of and they told me the second one wasn’t in their system so enjoy it. I guess it depends on the business.

Edit: yeah I just saw @drinkingtea post on what the law’s stance is. That also explains Amazon’s policy. Also I’m sure it would cause them more confusion than it’s worth to process the return of an item that their system is blind to.

Last edited:

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
Love both.
Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 11.28.32_AM.jpeg_20230721113226.jpg

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2017
Amazon doesn’t think it’s wrong. I tried to return a telescope they somehow sent me two of and they told me the second one wasn’t in their system so enjoy it. I guess it depends on the business.
But at least you made an effort to return the item. That is different from not even trying.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
But at least you made an effort to return the item. That is different from not even trying.
Yeah I guess so. But I don’t judge other people on what I consider this minor stuff. Not my circus, not my ponies. It wouldn’t stop me liking or respecting @drinkingtea if she had just kept it. I know people think this little stuff aggregates into the bigger problems in society but my opinion is it doesn’t. The transgressions of the ones with the real money and power over all of us is what makes things suck.

Edit: I also am what one could consider affluent now. I grew up poor. The responsibility I feel to “society” now is definitely different from the one I felt when I was a broke student the world seemed to be crapping on. When you’re poor it’s amazing how many fees you get hit with. Look at all the freebies rich people get. I guess that means my morality is on a sliding scale? Maybe that makes me a bad person by some standards. I don’t know.

Last edited:

skriefal

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2013
Utah, USA
Has anyone tested this on Verizon or visible? I know they say it’s not compatible but I mean Verizon is pretty much a gsm carrier now because of LTE and 5G.

It's not a GSM vs CDMA thing. The problem is that the phone lacks support for LTE band 13 (B13). In some rural areas B13 is all that is available from Verizon. And even in other areas, B13 support can be important to get a signal indoors. Verizon will not activate phones that lack B13.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
It's not a GSM vs CDMA thing. The problem is that the phone lacks support for LTE band 13 (B13). In some rural areas B13 is all that is available from Verizon. And even in other areas, B13 support can be important to get a signal indoors. Verizon will not activate phones that lack B13.

Ahhh I see. Well that sucks LOL.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Edit: yeah I just saw @drinkingtea post on what the law’s stance is. That also explains Amazon’s policy. Also I’m sure it would cause them more confusion than it’s worth to process the return of an item that their system is blind to.
As DrinkingTea said, it is legal to keep something a company sends you two of anyways so its a moot point. There is always one person who in a discussion has a problem with something and tells them they are bad people lol.

Store employees are told to not try and stop looters and when one women took a pic of the license plate recently of a looter, she was fired. Can you imagine that? Thats what you get for being "moral" and helping your company.

As for this phone, its looks cool and different but too new for me to seriously consider it.

Reactions: 5105973 and jamezr

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
As DrinkingTea said, it is legal to keep something a company sends you two of anyways so its a moot point. There is always one person who in a discussion has a problem with something and tells them they are bad people lol.

Store employees are told to not try and stop looters and when one women took a pic of the license plate recently of a looter, she was fired. Can you imagine that? Thats what you get for being "moral" and helping your company.

As for this phone, its looks cool and different but too new for me to seriously consider it.

That’s stupid. I would sue the living daylights out of that company. That why looting and this BS is happening because these ******s aren’t being punished.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.