Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Poop - The iPhone doesn't do iTunes store links anymore (is this new since 2.1?). Guess I gotta wait until I get home, or it shows up in the phone App Store...

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
My itunes app seems to have updated but it doesn't sync to the iphone. The original is still on the phone. It's quite confusing.

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
whatever i do, i cant upgrade to the new lightsaber app. i've tried deleting the old one off my phone and itunes, downloading the new one, syncing, nothing works. still shows the old version on my phone.

sgibson

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2008
I actually don't want to download this since it will overwrite my original Phone Saber. Any way to have two versions simultaneously installed?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I just installed it and it appears to be the old one that got yanked from the app store. Totally different than the screenshots on the app store. And it says Phonesaber on my phone, not Lightsaber Unleashed.

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
That's what happened when the old PhoneSaber got updated. I'll see what happens with this one now.

Oh, and the title of this topic should be "LightSaber Unleased!"

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
I've downloaded the app from the new window, but it's installed what looks like the old version. And I never had that one installed, so it looks like it's not a problem with updating, but another issue.

edit:
I just installed it and it appears to be the old one that got yanked from the app store. Totally different than the screenshots on the app store. And it says Phonesaber on my phone, not Lightsaber Unleashed.

exactly.

Packersfan27

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2008
Same with the above posters,

installed it for the first time and got the old one. I wonder if the developer did this on purpose?

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Has ANYONE gotten the new version?

Since the new version will likely overwrite the old version, I want to know two things first:
If the "full screen" mode of the original Phonesaber is still an option.
If the Star Wars character heads are always next to the lightsaber.

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
That's happened to quite a number of applications...where the screenshots and text updated before the actual update finished getting approved.

ahh ok, guess we just wait a lil longer then.

i actually haven't used this app in weeks. i used it so much the first few days i think i got bored of all my pretend dark side fights.

velvetelvis

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
saw the new lightsaber app. tried to update, no go. deleted the app off my phone and itunes, redownloaded, after oking it to. and now it wont sync to my phone. bastards, that was my favorite way to annoy my wife in public...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.