Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Yes, I just got the update, which I deleted to restore the original. If you have the original version, my suggestion is to stay with it, unless you are into the new movie and want to wade through the advertising for it to get to the phone saber itself.

Not sure what to do about what looks like it will become a permanent reminder to update, though. Anyone know how to dismiss that without actually updating an app?

dranakin

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2005
Just saw the YouTube video...I'm not sure if it's better than the original version. The dueling music is nice, I suppose...

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
LOL.... My iTunes App says update available for it. So it updated. Works fine, its on my iPhone.

The iTunes App store doesn't list the app. Even Powersearch can't find it.

I think the Force is at work here...

oneals2focus

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2008
Indianapolis
Man this sucks I just updated and it doesn't make the lightsaber sounds when you swing your phone?! Or is something wrong with the one I downloaded?! :confused:

Never mind I got it to work. lol

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
Not sure what to do about what looks like it will become a permanent reminder to update, though. Anyone know how to dismiss that without actually updating an app?

i'd like to know how to dismiss it without updating too.

rtztgue

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
2.1 required

I tried to update (although from the reviews maybe i wont) but it gave me a big error message and said Software version 2.1 is required. I hadnt even seen that iphone 2.1 had been released. Anyone else with that message? or did i just miss the 2.1 release???? I have not update since 2.0.1

kevdo

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2008
I tried to update (although from the reviews maybe i wont) but it gave me a big error message and said Software version 2.1 is required. I hadnt even seen that iphone 2.1 had been released. Anyone else with that message? or did i just miss the 2.1 release???? I have not update since 2.0.1
Um... where have you been? 2.1 was big news.

guyverzero

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2008
I just found that by tapping the brighter stars you get some voice clips from Vader that were used in game.

This might mean there are other things, so try to search for them!

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008

go update to 2.1 x.x surprised you didn't get the AT&T text messages to update :eek:

rtztgue

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
no news at all

go update to 2.1 x.x surprised you didn't get the AT&T text messages to update :eek:

I didnt get any text about an update, and i just did a sync two days ago and no news there either. I did get an itunes update to something like 8.0 but i ignored that. The only other major news i got was from apple and that they are recalling the iphone plug ins. In fact I ran into 3 people within 60 minutes and they all asked me "did you hear about the charger recall?" but no one has mentioned the 2.1 ...

I dont really see any posts here about it.... is it stable? or is there another thread chatting about it?

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I just found that by tapping the brighter stars you get some voice clips from Vader that were used in game.

Yeah, I discovered that too!
I'm glad the "full screen" version of the saber is still there as well.
I guess the blatant advertising for the SWTFU game is a little annoying, but everything else about this update is much better. The more choices of color were nice, but this is more "official." Now you really are a force for good, or on the dark side. Definitely high geekiness goodness abounds in this app. :D

This might mean there are other things, so try to search for them!

Couldn't find anything else yet, but I hope this isn't the last time this app is updated, and more little bits continue to be added. If it's just an ad for their current game, it's going to feel outdated after a while...

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I got it last night from the US store. Hopefully it's still there now

It is, as I got it from the US store last night too.

Now my question is this.. With this app now out, why do I all of a sudden picture some couple hundred thousand Star Wars Kids acting out on their iPhones?

BL.

tombee

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
It is, as I got it from the US store last night too.

Now my question is this.. With this app now out, why do I all of a sudden picture some couple hundred thousand Star Wars Kids acting out on their iPhones?

BL.

you should have seen the awesome battle my 5-year old son and I played out a few nights ago.
Now, with music, it's on!

I do miss all the color choices though...

They should add blasters! :D

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
you should have seen the awesome battle my 5-year old son and I played out a few nights ago.
Now, with music, it's on!

I do miss all the color choices though...

The choices are there. tap the picture of the guy in the bottom right, and you'll see the ones you can choose.

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.