Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
These reviews got me questioning my s10 5g now and whether I should switch.

Never had 1+ before. Does it come with a lot of extras over stock android? For example smart unlock, i use that all the time.
As another person stated, smart unlock is standard in Android and included on the 1+. I think there are a lot of little things Oxygen OS adds to Android vs. stock. Compared to my Pixel, I like that I can swipe down anywhere on the screen to bring down the notification shade. That's the feature I've been using the most that I miss on the Pixel. I also appreciate that you have full control over the display calibration. You can adjust color in addition to white point. Another feature is option to use DC dimming at night rather than PWM which reduces screen flicker.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Haptic feedback is a dream. I read about it but didn't know what it would feel like compared to my 3T, but it is very satisfying. I started using the default keyboard - is it Googles? Before, I was using Swiftkey on my 3T. Not sure if I should switch back to it or not. What do you guys think?

SwiftKey is king. That is all.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Does anyone have the latest full pie image size for their pro? Just out of curiosity. I'm not even sure where to find it.

Pie for my XL 3 was about 1.3gb, just wondering if there was a massive size difference or if the OP was leaner

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Took the sim out of my 3XL this weekend and into a 7Pro again and that screen fires up and my smile widens every single time.

Seems the cell service for TMobile is much better on my 7Pro then my 3XL and previously XS Max as well. I didnt know if it had better bands or technology.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
Are any of you having issues with delayed notifications? I know that the Doze feature in Android can make notifications come in quite late, even with the Adaptive Battery option turned off.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Are any of you having issues with delayed notifications? I know that the Doze feature in Android can make notifications come in quite late, even with the Adaptive Battery option turned off.

Not at all. I do get this with my 3XL but it acts differently on the OP7. I love the active light notification and they seem to come in faster then on my 3XL.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Took the sim out of my 3XL this weekend and into a 7Pro again and that screen fires up and my smile widens every single time.

Seems the cell service for TMobile is much better on my 7Pro then my 3XL and previously XS Max as well. I didnt know if it had better bands or technology.

I'm finding the same with Verizon. I use wifi calling on iPhone and my Pixels because I live in a high rise. My 7 Pro seems to hold a very strong signal, I've yet to drop a call over VoLTE.

I'm not having any issues with notifications on mine.

Reactions: jamezr

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom

Welcome back. :p

Reactions: Cnasty

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Man, I so want to try this phone. But the one from 1+ direct.

However, that would leave me with no US Cellular roaming on T-Mobile, even though I'm not in an area to use it. Still though, I like having all my options available to me.

Most likely will have to pass. However, when my Xs Max croaks in several years, I'll be thinking long and hard before I upgrade. Will definitely see what 1+ has to offer around then.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
Man, I so want to try this phone. But the one from 1+ direct.

However, that would leave me with no US Cellular roaming on T-Mobile, even though I'm not in an area to use it. Still though, I like having all my options available to me.

Most likely will have to pass. However, when my Xs Max croaks in several years, I'll be thinking long and hard before I upgrade. Will definitely see what 1+ has to offer around then.
Maybe start saving money just for the OnePlus and have it alongside your Max? I’ll be getting a new phone in November. It’ll probably be the OnePlus. I’m really excited! I hope I don’t regret it.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I currently have an XS Max, Pixel 3XL, and the OP7 Pro.

The OP7 Pro overall is my favorite device of 2019.

It's that good and I am a life long IOS fanboy.

Reactions: Wide opeN

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think we can work out some type of Turo/phoneshare type agreement!

We might be on to something in our tech obsessed little community here. :)

I honestly think this might work. There's a few of us here who are constantly switching devices! If only shipping wasn't so much. I guess we could the smallest usps priority box for like $10. I could name probably 6 people here who would be interested. :D

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
I honestly think this might work. There's a few of us here who are constantly switching devices! If only shipping wasn't so much. I guess we could the smallest usps priority box for like $10. I could name probably 6 people here who would be interested. :D
That might be a good idea. If anything—just have a go at the phone before deciding to purchasing it.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008

We might be on to something here! Let’s create an app :)

Reactions: nikster0029

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I just discovered that you can slide your finger starting just to the left of the pill at the bottom of the screen (for those who are using Pie pill and back arrow set up); slide your finger right, along the bottom of the screen to quickly switch between apps. Similar to swiping the pill up to view open apps but it is quicker. There's a bar that will appear along the bottom of the screen to scroll rapidly back and forth and select an app.

Maybe I'm dumb and didn't realize you can do this until now haha. But it's awesome.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia

Sign me up!!!

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Well I did made the plunge back to the OP7 from the Pixel 3XL.

I enjoy the OS, screen, and blazing quick touch response and perks of this device. I will struggle through some camera mishaps but will give GCam a try with the instructions posted here.

I really love this phone.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Well I did made the plunge back to the OP7 from the Pixel 3XL.

I enjoy the OS, screen, and blazing quick touch response and perks of this device. I will struggle through some camera mishaps but will give GCam a try with the instructions posted here.

I really love this phone.

I think the latest gcam release from Arnova (trusted, respected) doesn't even require all the steps I posted. It doesn't need the XML file so you literally just download and install the gcam file.

https://www.xda-developers.com/arnova-google-camera-port-asus-zenfone-6-oneplus-7-7-pro/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.