Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Yeah it seems pretty crazy. Would love to know their reason for that.

If they would have made a flat screen version of it however...that would've made my fall phone purchase decision very very tricky indeed.

The curved edge screen has prevented me from buying the seven pro and I'm a big fan would like to get one but I just hate those Galaxy edge screens

Reactions: Oohara

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
So unimpressive. Probably the least impressive "update" I've seen. At least give us wireless charging in 2019 / 2020. I'll sell my 7 Pro soon before the T drops to get the most I can for it, I guess. On to the Pixel 4. 90Hz screen now on the P4 is the dagger for me, as much as I love my 7 Pro, won't be buying the 7T Pro. Hard pass this time for me.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I missed this. I can't imagine they'd do that...

are you sure? everything I've seen says the 7 and 7T will be similar (aka tear drop notch) and 7 Pro and 7T Pro will be the same (full screen with pop up camera). I guess we'll find out soon!

I'm not completely sure. The images I've seen had a strange camera set up on the back and teardrop notch. Could be just the 7t.

Too much going on phone leak wise :)

Reactions: co.ag.2005

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Last edited:
Reactions: Tig Bitties

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Im enjoying this phone so much...
OxygenOs is very fluid and battery is very good too....

Got this official sandstone case

c9c66b47aff9156420df24218d0b243d.jpg

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
In preparation for buying an 11 Pro Max, I went to look at phones today.

Aesthetically the OnePlus 7 Pro with its notch and bezel-less display made the biggest impression on me. It’s gorgeous and it’s fast and fluid too. The iPhone in contrast felt dominated by the notch and thick all around bezels.

The price of the oneplus 7 Pro is awesome too. Pretty much half the price of an 11 Pro Max. The downside is that the cameras aren’t amazing which is a bit of a deal breaker for me. It’s a shame as I love the design and speed of the phone.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas

Aesthetically the OnePlus 7 Pro with its notch and bezel-less display made the biggest impression on me. It’s gorgeous and it’s fast and fluid too. The iPhone in contrast felt dominated by the notch and thick all around bezels.

The price of the oneplus 7 Pro is awesome too. Pretty much half the price of an 11 Pro Max. The downside is that the cameras aren’t amazing which is a bit of a deal breaker for me. It’s a shame as I love the design and speed of the phone.

Agree, but the GCam port is pretty good.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008

Completely agree with you. It is easily my favorite android phone of 2019 as that screen is the best on any single device with its unblemished flow and no notch face and 90hz is fascinating. The camera is just ok even with the gcam but I love Oxygen OS. They nailed it this year with that phone.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
I finally got my hands on a OP7P inside a Tmobile store this weekend.
Wow! It was all it's cracked up to be.
I still didn't have a frame of reference for how large the phone was, to the point where I wonder if it will fit in my pockets.
Otherwise, was blown away by the display and the snappiness. The pop-up camera is awesome. As someone who doesn't take many selfies, having that tucked away most of the time would be great.

Pulling out my iPhone 6s afterward felt like a toy.

If OP7TP McLaren Edition comes to Verizon as rumored, I'm jumping in.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I finally got my hands on a OP7P inside a Tmobile store this weekend.
Wow! It was all it's cracked up to be.
I still didn't have a frame of reference for how large the phone was, to the point where I wonder if it will fit in my pockets.
Otherwise, was blown away by the display and the snappiness. The pop-up camera is awesome. As someone who doesn't take many selfies, having that tucked away most of the time would be great.

Pulling out my iPhone 6s afterward felt like a toy.

If OP7TP McLaren Edition comes to Verizon as rumored, I'm jumping in.

This could mean that Verizon will also officially support the phone, bringing wifi calling etc. to the phone? That would be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.