Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Gonna start a thread for the OnePlus V Fold. I'm intrigued by this device and its rumored 8" inner screen.

If it comes to America we are looking at 3 new book-style foldables on the market this year. (Galaxy Fold 5, Google Pixel Fold, OnePlus V Fold.)

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Gonna start a thread for the OnePlus V Fold. I'm intrigued by this device and its rumored 8" inner screen.

If it comes to America we are looking at 3 new book-style foldables on the market this year. (Galaxy Fold 5, Google Pixel Fold, OnePlus V Fold.)
Any device that comes of out the mainland is considered as spy 'stuff', the administration will do whatever necessary in its power to stifle the competition. This is a realty.

Reactions: MarkX

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Reactions: blairh

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I am likely going with this one due to the fast charging. After using my OnePlus 11, I didn't realize how much a value very quick charging. Lol.
Assuming it comes to America, I'm going to get this. Triple speakers and an 8" internal screen. I'll even leave AT&T for T-Mobile if necessary.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Assuming it comes to America, I'm going to get this. Triple speakers and an 8" internal screen. I'll even leave AT&T for T-Mobile if necessary.
Have you checked to see if it has dust resistant? I believe that’s what caused you to forgo having foldables until this has been addressed…

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Have you checked to see if it has dust resistant? I believe that’s what caused you to forgo having foldables until this has been addressed…
I haven't purchased a foldable to date because the Fold line was my only option and I find the outer screen too narrow. And we know that won't change with the GF5.

Ideally I could ditch the iPhone and use a foldable year round' with dust resistance. But I'm going to assume that a foldable that I both want and that contains dust resistance will not be a reality for me in 2023.

My iPhone 14 Pro is awesome in direct sunlight. I'll happily use it over the summer if needed for now. I can use a foldable without dust resistance the other months.

That leaves me with the GPF and the OPVF. I prefer the outer screen of the GPF. But the OPVF has a rumored 8" screen and triple speakers. That should sway me in the end to go for that device instead and have it become my first foldable.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Onleaks has the specs for the new Fold.

The OnePlus Fold is said to come with a 7.8-inch 2K AMOLED display on the inside and a 6.3-inch AMOLED display on the outside. Both the displays are said to support 120Hz refresh rates, though we presume on our own that there may be differences in their minimum refresh rates as the LTPO tech could differ.

On the inside, the OnePlus Fold could pack the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC alongside 16GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. The report suggests a 4,800mAh battery on board, with 67W fast charging. There are no mentions of wireless charging, though we cannot rule out the feature until the phone launches.

For its camera setup, the OnePlus Fold could feature a 48MP primary sensor, a 48MP ultrawide sensor, and a 64MP telephoto camera sensor. The cover screen is said to feature a 32MP selfie camera, while there could be a 20MP selfie camera above the inner display too.

Reactions: jamezr

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Bummed it's not 8". I believe Oxygen OS won't let you full-screen apps like One UI, so that might end up being a deal breaker for me. We shall see.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
This is the front screen difference between the Fold4 and possible OnePlus Fold -- it will have a screen similar to this size.

huawei-mate-x3-xda-review02356-1.jpg

Reactions: blairh and jamezr

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Do you all think Best Buy will sell the OnePlus Open unlocked? That would be ideal IMO as I could then get insurance through them.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
£1499 rumored price

Think this fold could blow away the competition. Specs better than any current foldable

• 7.8-inch foldable AMOLED screen with 2K resolution
  • 6.3-inch AMOLED outer screen
  • 120Hz refresh rate for both screens
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
  • 16GB RAM
  • 256GB storage
  • 4800mAh battery
  • 67W fast charging
  • Triple rear camera setup (48MP primary, 48MP ultrawide, 64MP telephoto)
  • 32MP front-facing camera (outer screen)
  • 20MP front-facing camer (inner screen)
  • Android 13/Oxygen OS 13.1
  • Alert Slider
  • Power button fingerprint scanner

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
£1499 rumored price

Think this fold could blow away the competition. Specs better than any current foldable

• 16GB RAM
  • 256GB storage
  • 4800mAh battery
  • 67W fast charging
  • Alert Slider

Yeah I’m super stoked for this thing. It definitely blows the ZFold 5 out of the water.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Hopefully the cameras are good ...past ones somehow don't perform as well even with the higher specs ...but impressive indeed ..and if I'm going by the OnePlus 11 it got some solid reviews .this device would be nice if it keeps it trending in the right direction

Reactions: swarlos and jamezr

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
£1499 rumored price

• 16GB RAM
  • 256GB storage
  • 4800mAh battery
  • 67W fast charging
  • Alert Slider
Yep. I'll be giving up my Fold4 for the OPO. I'm definitely looking forward to it. When I had my OnePlus 11, the fast charging and amazing battery life was everything! I loved their software as well. Right before I sold it, they pushed an update to fix the swipe to clear notifications.

Reactions: The Game 161

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Hopefully the cameras are good ...past ones somehow don't perform as well even with the higher specs ...but impressive indeed ..and if I'm going by the OnePlus 11 it got some solid reviews .this device would be nice if it keeps it trending in the right direction

Fingers crossed

The periscope rumours makes me think it will be decent. Dunno if it will have same sensor as one plus 11

Reactions: Bkdodger

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yep. I'll be giving up my Fold4 for the OPO. I'm definitely looking forward to it. When I had my OnePlus 11, the fast charging and amazing battery life was everything! I loved their software as well. Right before I sold it, they pushed an update to fix the swipe to clear notifications.

Yeah 67w charging on a foldable is a refreshing change

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I'm curious... what did you love about OnePlus version of Android? What certain features set it apart from stock?

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I worry that third party apps will look terrible like on the GPF inner screen. I’m also worried about a lack of wireless charging. If they can solve both these concerns then I don’t how I could pass it up.

Reactions: phobic99
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.