Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Interesting… would you care to give me an example of task that you performed or scenario of this?

The OnePlus Open and the Samsung Galaxy Fold represent contrasting approaches to multitasking, each with its own unique features. The OnePlus Open offers a seamless and effortless experience when switching between apps without the need to adjust the aspect ratio. The intuitive swipe gestures between the three apps on the main screen facilitate seamless switching, resulting in a smooth and efficient multitasking experience.

Conversely, the Samsung Galaxy Fold might be more versatile in its capabilities, but adjusting the aspect ratio could pose an additional step when transitioning between apps. Despite offering a broader range of features, navigating between different apps and using them simultaneously might feel less streamlined compared to the OnePlus Open.

It appears that the OnePlus Open aims to simplify the multitasking experience through intuitive actions and a seamless app transition, while the Samsung Galaxy Fold perhaps emphasizes versatility and adaptability. Ultimately, it boils down to personal preference: users valuing smoothness and seamless transitions might prefer the OnePlus Open, while those seeking a wider array of features might lean towards the Samsung Galaxy Fold.

I like the approach of the Open more.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
The OnePlus Open and the Samsung Galaxy Fold represent contrasting approaches to multitasking, each with its own unique features. The OnePlus Open offers a seamless and effortless experience when switching between apps without the need to adjust the aspect ratio.
But Galaxy Fold users don't necessarily have to adjust their aspect ratio if they don't care to.

It appears that the OnePlus Open aims to simplify the multitasking experience through intuitive actions and a seamless app transition, while the Samsung Galaxy Fold perhaps emphasizes versatility and adaptability.
OnePlus Open and Galaxy Fold multitasking have both simplified multitasking experiences, but the OnePlus Open Canvas approach is a unique way into utilizing the larger inner display.

Instead of multitasking with smaller windows on the Galaxy Fold, OnePlus Open decided against that and gave users more real estate when viewing content. However, with this process users have to juggle switching between 3 windows on the screen versus having them actively visible.

Now, don’t get me wrong… I like the fact OnePlus brought out something refreshing, it’s different to what’s currently in the market. And I do like how the OnePlus Open recent files menu is accessible on the dock… I think that’s dope along with the dock itself.

Ultimately, it boils down to personal preference: users valuing smoothness and seamless transitions might prefer the OnePlus Open, while those seeking a wider array of features might lean towards the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
I was hoping you could provide me some examples that made this personal preferences of yours better than the Galaxy Fold, since you brought it up lol. Because if I’m not mistaken you came from the Oppo Find N2 and gave up on the Galaxy Fold 2 (not 3, 4 or 5).

And you been adamantly against the Galaxy Fold outer cover display, that’s what drove you away from it… so, I’m just curious how you come to the conclusion that the OnePlus Open method to multitasking has given you a more productive experience.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I've come to realize that when it comes to the foldables I'm simple just give me two screens side by side and I barely even use that LOL... I just like opening up the phone and using the larger screen in general for one screen... I just enjoyed the form factor so much of the PF but I do miss Samsung and hopefully they upgrade on the next one... I'm also hearing that the PF will increase in height a little bit.,

Reactions: Ludatyk and aggie99

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Who the.. is that?

Someone who would purchase and review top their smartphones in the first generation Era where suppliers were difficult to source for international shipping. You basically had to be your own pirate to procure the device o ly sold overseas back in the late 90s to very early 2000s. The quote where i mentioned that person referenced read far too similar to me to be a coincidence, but that's just perception. Nothing bad at all.

I am curious regarding your use of the Open:

Google News - When sqiping to the 1st home screen, is it still not possible to disable that?

Home screen wallpaper - is this still being dimmed for no reason?

External Keyboards - is there any delay while using some of them w/without vibration being enabled?

Recent Applications - With the inner screen being used, do you find it strange or annoying when closing recents 1 at a time that the last one listed is at the top right-hand corner? Should you pick and choose with the close, it seems swiping is the only open. Would that be correct?

Thanks.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Who the.. is that?

Someone who would purchase and review top their smartphones in the first generation Era where suppliers were difficult to source for international shipping. You basically had to be your own pirate to procure the device o ly sold overseas back in the late 90s to very early 2000s. The quote where i mentioned that person referenced read far too similar to me to be a coincidence, but that's just perception. Nothing bad at all.

I am curious regarding your use of the Open:

Google News - When sqiping to the 1st home screen, is it still not possible to disable that?

Home screen wallpaper - is this still being dimmed for no reason?

External Keyboards - is there any delay while using some of them w/without vibration being enabled?

Recent Applications - With the inner screen being used, do you find it strange or annoying when closing recents 1 at a time that the last one listed is at the top right-hand corner? Should you pick and choose with the close, it seems swiping is the only open. Would that be correct?

Thanks.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm not a fan of Chinese phones coming with Black as a a vagen leather only option.

this review of the Oppo Find N3 Ultimate Edition in Red also with vegan leather.

But at 14:37-40 what is that sound? LMAO, am I hearing things or was that what I think it was?! 🤔

Reactions: JiggyJaggy

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
Just got mine 2 days ago. My first ever foldable. Tried to use Z Fold a couple of times (from friends), gave up almost straight away. Now this one I will keep. Nice outer display, excellent inner display. Battery life is really great. But what I love about it the most is the software.

OxygenOS is simply blazing fast. Still no stutters or lag. Unlike my S23 Ultra, which is going to be sold.
Really great device :)

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I've seen a lot of indecision around Reddit and forums as well as YouTube videos on peeps I follow...haha

• Haha
Reactions: nfl46
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.