Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Hmmm.. care to elaborate? Are you moving closer to the side of OnePlus Canvas feature than the 3 window grid of Galaxy Fold?
Yeah the whole 3 screens with the same viewing experience is good. I do wish though you would get the option to have it like the Z fold though just to give an added choice. I do like how you can have the bigger screen on the bottom and hear content if you need to on the above screen

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Yeah the whole 3 screens with the same viewing experience is good. I do wish though you would get the option to have it like the Z fold though just to give an added choice. I do like how you can have the bigger screen on the bottom and hear content if you need to on the above screen
I wouldn‘t be surprised if Samsung adds that to MultiStar in a future update.

It only takes the community in Samsung Members to request that feature and people co-sign on it. Then perhaps Samsung might implement it.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

It only takes the community in Samsung Members to request that feature and people co-sign on it. Then perhaps Samsung might implement it.
Yeah it's something Samsung could easily do

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
4f9e1b4b1befabaad553813c10294141.jpg

The one plus mystery box has arrived

Supervooc 160w power adapter

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
How does the Open compare to your Fold 5 in general? Which one do you prefer?

It’s very good

The crease really isn’t there or never seems like it is. Reflection wise it’s really good where Z fold struggles on certain lighting.

I prefer the one plus due to the outer screen, brighter screen and the multitasking is better I would say. Both are great in that area though

pdauser92

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
London, UK
It’s very good

The crease really isn’t there or never seems like it is. Reflection wise it’s really good where Z fold struggles on certain lighting.

I prefer the one plus due to the outer screen, brighter screen and the multitasking is better I would say. Both are great in that area though
I think I also prefer the Open in use. It’s fast and smooth with good battery life. It’s better than I expected. I miss the option of using Good Lock to refine things, but am OK with the lack of wireless charging.

Reactions: JiggyJaggy

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I think I also prefer the Open in use. It’s fast and smooth with good battery life. It’s better than I expected. I miss the option of using Good Lock to refine things, but am OK with the lack of wireless charging.

With the mystery box 160w charger it charged the open from 0-100% in 40 mins. Can’t go wrong with that

• Wow

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
For those who are interested I did a test between the one plus SUPERVOOC 160w power brick vs the 80w that came with my one plus open and the results show 80w actually charging slightly faster

160w- 0% to 100% in 40 minutes
80w- 0% to 100% in 39 minutes

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
For those who are interested I did a test between the one plus SUPERVOOC 160w power brick vs the 80w that came with my one plus open and the results show 80w actually charging slightly faster

160w- 0% to 100% in 40 minutes
80w- 0% to 100% in 39 minutes
Seems like the 160W is overkill unless you are using it in conjunction with a laptop or something more meaty.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Is this what you’re looking for:

I'm curious:
1. Does this cloning of apps basically like dropping an app in a virtualization folder and running it?
^ more importantly how does this affect 8Gen2 processes and system RAM? Also is there limited apps to support this, as its interesting the 'tuber' choose WhatsApp an app known to have supported sketchy practices for cheaters/alternative-services-providers etc. (its not uncommon for the latter to use Samsungs' Secure Folder to have completely separate instance of WhatsApp running therein. I have never nor never will need to do this).

Well tomorrow I'll search for an existing thread and if non-exists I'll get it started, if you haven't already.

Personally I'd like to see MUCH more RAM in the Z Fold & upcoming S24U series (starting at 10/12/16GB RAM with 512/1TB/2TB UFS4.5/5 storage. Also faster charging and at least 500mAh more battery capacity. Brighter screens yet KEEPING minute screen brightness scaling for manual control.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
Im using two of the same app using Parallel App on the phone. No issues with RAM or performance. Seems to be working well. Just a couple of annoying ads when you start Parallel App.

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
I've had the OnePlus Open for about three weeks now, and I must say, it has pleasantly surprised me. The first thing that struck me was its incredibly lightweight build. This makes carrying and using it exceptionally comfortable, especially compared to previous smartphones I've owned.

One aspect that truly impressed me is its enhanced multitasking capability. It seems like this device is designed to seamlessly switch between apps. Compared to my previous Galaxy Fold, the OnePlus Open performs significantly better in this aspect, allowing me to work more efficiently and be more productive throughout the day.

The screen of the OnePlus Open also deserves commendation. Not only is it large, but it's also exceptionally sharp. The brightness this screen can achieve is impressive. Even in bright sunlight, I can easily see everything on the screen, which is a massive advantage for outdoor use.

Overall, the OnePlus Open has exceeded my expectations. The combination of its light weight, flawless multitasking, and the fantastic screen makes it a smartphone I would absolutely recommend to others. It has truly enhanced my daily user experience, and I'm looking forward to further exploration with this fantastic device.

Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
One aspect that truly impressed me is its enhanced multitasking capability. It seems like this device is designed to seamlessly switch between apps without. Compared to my previous Galaxy Fold, the OnePlus Open performs significantly better in this aspect, allowing me to work more efficiently and be more productive throughout the day.
Interesting… would you care to give me an example of task that you performed or scenario of this?

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I've had the OnePlus Open for about three weeks now, and I must say, it has pleasantly surprised me. The first thing that struck me was its incredibly lightweight build. This makes carrying and using it exceptionally comfortable, especially compared to previous smartphones I've owned.

One aspect that truly impressed me is its enhanced multitasking capability. It seems like this device is designed to seamlessly switch between apps. Compared to my previous Galaxy Fold, the OnePlus Open performs significantly better in this aspect, allowing me to work more efficiently and be more productive throughout the day.

The screen of the OnePlus Open also deserves commendation. Not only is it large, but it's also exceptionally sharp. The brightness this screen can achieve is impressive. Even in bright sunlight, I can easily see everything on the screen, which is a massive advantage for outdoor use.

Overall, the OnePlus Open has exceeded my expectations. The combination of its light weight, flawless multitasking, and the fantastic screen makes it a smartphone I would absolutely recommend to others. It has truly enhanced my daily user experience, and I'm looking forward to further exploration with this fantastic device.
I wish this phone or the Oppo version would become available here in Spain. Sounds great and really want to try it out.

Reactions: The Game 161

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You sound like BengalBoy from an old forum HowardForums, for some reason.

I'll second the question what apps and tasks did you do that was more productive using the OnePlus Ipen vs Z Fold 5?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.