Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
This device is worth all the money I've paid for.
Grid-Art-20231101-112430994.jpg

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I wish those screens from inside to outside could be run independently.. they should give options to run as we wish ..

Reactions: aggie99

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yeah, I know you don‘t find it as useful as the way Samsung has done with their devices. And I agree with you partially, but the other part of me is just delighted in something different.

It’s certainly the best way of doing things without decreasing screen size

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
They sent emails out earlier this week for UK buyers containing codes that could be used in their app or online. “Blackfriday2023” seems to work for most people.
I did get a voucher for £100 off as well so if it's really £1,249 then I may pull the trigger on payday

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Yeah maybe

I’m not keeping both so will see which one I prefer
I was looking at this reddit post about the OnePlus Open… I didn’t think of the fact that it’s more squarish than the Pixel Fold and Galaxy Fold.

Basically, there’s really no such thing as landscape or portrait on the inner display. Not sure what to make of it, I use a combination of both landscape and portrait when using the Galaxy Fold. Sometimes viewing content is much better in landscape orientation.

But then again, I know some Galaxy Fold users… keep it locked to portrait orientation and not rotate it to landscape.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I was looking at this reddit post about the OnePlus Open… I didn’t think of the fact that it’s more squarish than the Pixel Fold and Galaxy Fold.

Basically, there’s really no such thing as landscape or portrait on the inner display. Not sure what to make of it, I use a combination of both landscape and portrait when using the Galaxy Fold. Sometimes viewing content is much better in landscape orientation.

But then again, I know some Galaxy Fold users… keep it locked to portrait orientation and not rotate it to landscape.
Yeah can’t see it looks much different.

i tend to use the z fold 5 more in portrait mode and use landscape when just watching content

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I got to get my hands on one today. One of my employees got one. Oh man I'm sure tempted now. May see what I can get for the pixel fold and pull the trigger.
wow you were that impressed huh? What impressed you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.