Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
I ordered on Thanksgiving (Nov 28). 2TB, 5500 8GB, 2.3 i9, 32 GB RAM and it went to drop ship. Today it will be 9 days with no notification. I called Adorama and they gave me the standard 7-10 days to ship from manufacturer answer, but in reality I don't believe they have any insight into these orders once drop shipped. I ordered my current mbp from Adorama a little less than 3 years ago with no issues. I chalk the current situation up to (as someone else above said): High demand, low volume, it's Christmas time.

Still sucks not to know though. If they told me it was gonna ship Jan 1, i'd adjust expectations and move on. Not knowing is just frustrating.
Any movement on you computer shipping yet?

I tried emailing the support as my payment is on my statement already without the laptop in my hand, ended up with the same standard reply from the support rep. They are playing with our patience..
[automerge]1575916680[/automerge]
I was following this thread when I ordered mine so thought I would come in and provide my experience. Ordered on 11/30, received email about it being drop shipped the same day, notified the order was shipped 12/2, delivered on 12/3. The order was drop shipped from a warehouse in Ft Worth and I also live in the Dallas metroplex so it was very fast for me.
Did you order the Macbook with base specifications? or did you make any upgrade of spec for your order?

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt

I tried emailing the support as my payment is on my statement already without the laptop in my hand, ended up with the same standard reply from the support rep. They are playing with our patience..

Did you order the Macbook with base specifications? or did you make any upgrade of spec for your order?

Same, email support last Friday told me its showing as ETA 9th December (today) and when I emailed back couple of hours ago about how come its supposed to arrive today when I wasn't sent a tracking number yet.

They replied that they apologize about the ETA and that it was wrong. The correct ETA is within this week and that's it. no date or tracking number or any confirmation.

I ordered on the 26th of November. The 2.3/8core, 1TB SSD configuration with updated 8GB Graphics and 32GB Memory. How about you?

Sangmin Lee

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2019

It really seems like we no choice but to wait. I order a very similar spec as yours on the same day with the difference of the CPU. We can luck out and get it this week and latest next week. It's also possible that we might fit into one of the horror stories and wait over a month.

I know it's really frustrating not to know when the delivery date with the excitement and disappointment of getting charged but Adorama and Apple got a ****** dropship program based on what I am picking up on various forums.

This reminds me of preordering from T-Mobile. One time I got my phone pretty early and last time i pre-ordered, other people who ordered after me were getting it first and there was no clear status update.

I'm am extremely frustrated with this whole situation myself. I know it doesn't take that much for Apple to create some communication system for their dropship orders. If not for the vendors at least for the consumers.

I also need this laptop for work. I've been working remotely on an ipad pro for the past two weeks and it's pretty annoying. Sometimes I wish I bought a surface then at least I can code on it locally.

Anyways wish the best for everyone still waiting and I will update when I recieve mine. But as I mentioned before, it is possible that we get our macbook pros at different times.

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
Same, email support last Friday told me its showing as ETA 9th December (today) and when I emailed back couple of hours ago about how come its supposed to arrive today when I wasn't sent a tracking number yet.

They replied that they apologize about the ETA and that it was wrong. The correct ETA is within this week and that's it. no date or tracking number or any confirmation.

I ordered on the 26th of November. The 2.3/8core, 1TB SSD configuration with updated 8GB Graphics and 32GB Memory. How about you?
Yes I did order the same spec in space gray on 2nd of December.

tanikins07

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010

Ordered the base i9.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Wow! Glad you got it before someone stole it. My shipment (from B&H) is supposedly signature required via FedEx, but I get the impression that delivery drivers don't always request a signature even if it's supposedly required.

I have my B&H orders for expensive things like the Apple Watch and iPad shipped to a Fedex Store or arrange to pick it up at the Fedex hub rather than have it sit on my porch: it's usually available for pick up the same day as it would have been delivered to my house.

I'd love to order a MacBook Pro from B&H for the discount as well as not paying sales tax (it's quite a savings without the sales tax), but I don't like that they won't accept returns of laptops if the box is open. I wish they had the same return policy as they do for iPads.

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019

Did you get any shipping information on your order yet?

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt
Did you get any shipping information on your order yet?

No. Nothing yet. Yesterday they emailed me to submit my review of it lol

I actually don’t live in the US and my sister who will get it for me leaves next Sunday so I’m worried I may not get it on time

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
No. Nothing yet. Yesterday they emailed me to submit my review of it lol

I actually don’t live in the US and my sister who will get it for me leaves next Sunday so I’m worried I may not get it on time
The day when I ordered through Adorama, I did check the apple site for the delivery date and it showed 19th of December. So I think it will remain the same even if we try to push, better wait rather being restless or being annoyed.

Ener Ji

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2010
I'd love to order a MacBook Pro from B&H for the discount as well as not paying sales tax (it's quite a savings without the sales tax), but I don't like that they won't accept returns of laptops if the box is open. I wish they had the same return policy as they do for iPads.

My understanding is they don't have a "no questions asked" return policy, but they will allow a return or exchange if something is wrong with the device. Hopefully I won't have to test that policy. My 16" MBP arrived Friday but haven't had a chance to set it up. Hopefully today...

Reactions: Pipper99

Psyclism

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
My computer was delivered direct from Apple a week ago Tuesday, yet Adorama's order status page still says it's in process. I checked Apple's page the day I ordered my computer, and it gave a delivery estimate of Dec 3-9, and DHL was at my door on Dec 3rd, so it was spot-on accurate.

Reactions: Ener Ji

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt
My computer was delivered direct from Apple a week ago Tuesday, yet Adorama's order status page still says it's in process. I checked Apple's page the day I ordered my computer, and it gave a delivery estimate of Dec 3-9, and DHL was at my door on Dec 3rd, so it was spot-on accurate.

Mine never said "in process" I think. its been stuck on "Submitted to Manufacturer - Items will be drop-shipped from the manufacturer directly to you" since the 26th of November.

I hope it's delivered soon

boomspot

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2018
I received mine on Monday a day earlier than expected from Adorama. No issues and enjoying the new MPB. ??

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt
The day when I ordered through Adorama, I did check the apple site for the delivery date and it showed 19th of December. So I think it will remain the same even if we try to push, better wait rather being restless or being annoyed.

I contacted them via live chat an hour ago and they say now it will come first week of January.

I heard 3 different ETAs this past week from them

Sangmin Lee

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2019
Mine never said "in process" I think. its been stuck on "Submitted to Manufacturer - Items will be drop-shipped from the manufacturer directly to you" since the 26th of November.

I hope it's delivered soon

My order which was ordered 12/2 with the following specs of i9 2.4 | 32GB Memory | 1TB | 5500 8GB was stuck with the same message until just now. I got an email that it's on the way and arriving tomorrow.

I call Adorama a few times and emailed them. They kept on telling me the same story with a vague answer of we don't know when but the expected date is the 3rd week of December. But it's on route from their NJ warehouse.

Good luck to you all.

Jun bug

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2019
I ordered i9 2.3|32G|5500M8G|2TB|Gray on 11/30. Since begging status was “Backordered” until 12/11 today. This morning it changed to “Processing” then afternoon changed again to “complete”. Same time CC is charged and UPS tracking number provided. Shipped from their NJ warehouse. I’m in Southern CA so expecting receive sometimes in next week. Can’t wait!

Last edited:

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
My order stayed at "Will be Drop-shipped by Manufacturer" & the Adorama support don't have an ETA anymore. Live chat support gave me apple order support to contact which went to square one, "Check with Adorama where you placed your order".. a Complete BS.

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt
My order stayed at "Will be Drop-shipped by Manufacturer" & the Adorama support don't have an ETA anymore. Live chat support gave me apple order support to contact which went to square one, "Check with Adorama where you placed your order".. a Complete BS.

Yeah BS

Adorama Support gave me 4 ETAs. First one they said will arrive last Monday then on Monday they said this week, then yesterday they said first week of January and today they said second week of January.

I doubt they know anything. but I know for sure I won't ever buy from them again (discount or not)

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
I ordered i9 2.3|32G|5500M8G|2TB|Gray on 11/30. Since begging status was “Backordered” until 12/11 today. This morning it changed to “Processing” then afternoon changed again to “complete”. Same time CC is charged and UPS tracking number provided. Shipped from their NJ warehouse. I’m in Southern CA so expecting receive sometimes in next week. Can’t wait!
Looks like your order is being shipped from Adorama's warehouse rather my order will be from Apple directly. Not sure why is it different with every other orders.

Sangmin Lee

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2019
Looks like your order is being shipped from Adorama's warehouse rather my order will be from Apple directly. Not sure why is it different with every other orders.
So it seems that if Adorama restocked the Macbooks in the specific specs they deliver it if the dropship hasn't been fulfilled after some time. I see majority of the i9 2.3 is still in back order.

So I think people who ordered the i9 2.2.will have to wait longer.

Jun bug

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2019
Actually after placed the order, I asked rep for general timeline. They replied that date information is not available from manufacturer. Then they offered me dropship. I said yes. Rep says dropship request has been submitted. It takes one or two business days to change the status but nothing status changed. Then suddenly rep informed me that mine is being received in their warehouse. I was wondering because it supposed to ship from China but it's not. I asked rep why and rep replied, they received bulk and my order can fulfilled from that shipment so dropship is no longer needed.

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt

I just received the shipped email. Not sure if straight from China or from inside the US cause UPS didn’t update it yet but I’ll let you know once it does

wpfeiffe

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2019
Follow up: My macbook showed up at my door on Dec 10 delivered by DHL with no notification. Had it for 48 hours and after experiencing several crashes, back it went. Almost $4k for unstable laptop didn't work for me. Sticking by my mbp 15 late 2016 until a stable version of this is available.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Follow up: My macbook showed up at my door on Dec 10 delivered by DHL with no notification. Had it for 48 hours and after experiencing several crashes, back it went. Almost $4k for unstable laptop didn't work for me. Sticking by my mbp 15 late 2016 until a stable version of this is available.
What happened - did it crash during setup or after ? Did you load any programs? Try Internet recovery/restore ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.