Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
I just received the shipped email. Not sure if straight from China or from inside the US cause UPS didn’t update it yet but I’ll let you know once it does
Thats a good news...Were you order was showing 'Will be drop-shipped my manufacturer' ? Also did you get email from Adorama or from Apple?

wpfeiffe

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2019
What happened - did it crash during setup or after ? Did you load any programs? Try Internet recovery/restore ?
The crashes I experienced happened after successful migration of my data from time machine backup of my mbp 2016. I was able to reboot, work, restart system with no issues. The crashes started happening after I walked away and it went to sleep. It crashed and I had to reboot or froze requiring hard reset. Thought it was an anomaly until the pattern repeated itself 3 more times within 48 hours.

The crash I was experiencing was actually pretty well documented on these forums. Kernel panic crashes when the macbook is connected to external monitor(s) when it goes to sleep. Lots of others on these forums and apple support forums reporting this.

I just didn't want to spend too much time trying to fix this while my return window slipped away. I sent it back after 4 crashes (some minor data corruption from this)

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
The crashes I experienced happened after successful migration of my data from time machine backup of my mbp 2016. I was able to reboot, work, restart system with no issues. The crashes started happening after I walked away and it went to sleep. It crashed and I had to reboot or froze requiring hard reset. Thought it was an anomaly until the pattern repeated itself 3 more times within 48 hours.

The crash I was experiencing was actually pretty well documented on these forums. Kernel panic crashes when the macbook is connected to external monitor(s) when it goes to sleep. Lots of others on these forums and apple support forums reporting this.

I just didn't want to spend too much time trying to fix this while my return window slipped away. I sent it back after 4 crashes (some minor data corruption from this)
Was your 2016 data migration from Catalina or an older OS ?

I am curious since Catalina no longer able to modify folders/files within the OS...

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt
Thats a good news...Were you order was showing 'Will be drop-shipped my manufacturer' ? Also did you get email from Adorama or from Apple?

Yeah it kept showing 'Will be drop-shipped by manufacturer' till the last second now it says "shipped".

I got the email from Adorama. I suspect it will be shipped from their warehouse in the US and not from China like we thought. I'll be sure when UPS update their status

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
Yeah it kept showing 'Will be drop-shipped by manufacturer' till the last second now it says "shipped".

I got the email from Adorama. I suspect it will be shipped from their warehouse in the US and not from China like we thought. I'll be sure when UPS update their status
Mine is still,
"Submitted to Manufacturer
Items will be drop-shipped from the manufacturer directly to you"

will keep posted if the status changes.

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019

Did you receive your macbook yet?

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
Mine is still,
"Submitted to Manufacturer
Items will be drop-shipped from the manufacturer directly to you"

will keep posted if the status changes.
I got an email last night from Adorama that the order has been shipped. UPS is scheduled to deliver the package tomorrow.

M3Jedi77

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I ordered from Adorama Sunday night and just received my 16" MBP (max specs). Selected next day shipping.... In California.

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
I ordered from Adorama Sunday night and just received my 16" MBP (max specs). Selected next day shipping.... In California.
Yes..Looks like they are well stocked. When I ordered mine it showed "Temporarily on Backorder" which is whey it went to drop-ship from manufacturer & now being shipped from their warehouse itself..

apw100

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I ordered the i9 2.3ghz/32GB/1TB/RX5500 8GB on December 4th and was sent an email shortly after saying that it would be drop shipped from the manufacturer.

Well, I went to their site and noticed that the configuration I had ordered was in stock (“Low Stock- Limited Quantity Available”), yet mine hadn’t shipped! I called customer service twice, and both times I got the runaround. The first time they said it should ship in “the third week of December”, the second time “December 18th”. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll hear something.

As of 10pm EST, my configuration of MBP is in stock at Adorama, yet the one I ordered two weeks ago still hasn’t shipped.

toms663

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2020
Ordered a MBP on 1/1/2020 16" 2.4GH, 64G, 8TB, from Adorama it gave the standard backorder message 7-10 days, I am now going on 10th day and no update. I contacted them and they dont know. Anyone know if its a build problem in China, or if since I ordered an all out everything that they haven't shipped any of these or.... could be Adorama is waiting for enough $$$ to make a order from Apple and I am just in that pile waiting until they have enough orders and its after Christmas. It seems apple store can get it in 10 days if ordered.

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
They drop ship straight from the warehouse, Adorama doesn't have much to do with it after your order is placed.

That's the price you pay for the Adorama discount!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.