Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MLforAll

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Test for the Hack ML v3 were started :

It include :

- iSight fix
- Network problem fix
- 64 bits startup.
- 64 bits Graphics support for GMA 950 (with QE/CI), ATI Radeon X1600 (with QE/CI), GMA X3100 (with sleep).

Coming SOON !

y.very

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
wooooooooooooooo!!!

Test for the Hack ML v3 were started :

It include :

- iSight fix
- Network problem fix
- 64 bits startup.
- 64 bits Graphics support for GMA 950 (with QE/CI), ATI Radeon X1600 (with QE/CI), GMA X3100 (with sleep).

Coming SOON !

deesto

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
So after finding a copy, and getting through to Step 11, I reboot into the ML Setup partition, but it fails right away with: There was a problem installing "Mac OS X". Try reinstalling.

Did I do something wrong?

MLforAll

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
deesto,
It's normal ! Continue the guide's steps...

-------------------

I actually testing Hack ML v3 on my MacBook.
I will upload the Public Beta when I was succeeded my MacBook's Installation.

States :

iMac X1600 : Perfect !
MacBook GMA 950 : Testing...

I actually use Hack ML v3 on my iMac ! It's amazing ! iSight, Network fixes and 64 bits !!!

Last edited:

rezzo

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2006
Chile
MLforAll, about the new version, is needed make a fresh install or can I 'update' my current ML 10.8.2 installed using v1?

MacBook2,1 with GMA950 here.

PD: Some news about the Numeric Lock led issue? thx.

mishendr

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
You want me to test too....? :cool:

I don't mind re-installing again, did it several times already, and with the HDD setup partition, its easily enough.

Great work MLforALL! :)

MLforAll

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
rezzo,
The numeric LED issue is fixed too !
You can upgrade to v3 from v1, Yes !

mishendr,
I don't have a MacBook with GMA X3100. So, your are welcome for testing the new version !

I can use my Apple TV 3 as well with the new version !
The only inconvenient : It takes more time to boot OS X.

mishendr

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
[B said:
mishendr[/B],
I don't have a MacBook with GMA X3100. So, your are welcome for testing the new version !

If you PM me the Hack, I'll go ahead and try it right away. I already made a clean ML Setup partition, it's waiting..... :cool::cool:

winmacubu

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2013
I have gone through the steps a few times of reinstalling. But, I run into the issue of not being able to boot into my ML. I receive an error: "building boot caches on boot helper partition failed" passed that and then got, "no installer packages can be found for this disk" I have the MacBook 3,1 X3100. I am doing the steps in Snow Leopard (10.6) could this be my issue? Do I NEED to be coming from 10.7?

What's your input?
-thanks in advance :)

deesto

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
deesto,
It's normal ! Continue the guide's steps...
!
Thanks, but after running the hack (which complains about missing files) and rebooting to ML, boot never gets past the grey Apple logo screen and stops there.

mishendr

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
Thanks, but after running the hack (which complains about missing files) and rebooting to ML, boot never gets past the grey Apple logo screen and stops there.

Be sure to use a complete InstallESD.DMG , there are "stripped" onces circulating. Should be approx 4,05GB in size.

Nemesis19

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2010
@MLforAll thank you for the awesome job!

I had different issues on my Macbook 4,1 with X3100. I can say that I could install ML without problems and without sleeping/brightness/video playback issues. These are my questions and bug reports:

1. I can't mount external drives (exfat usb drives especially) (acknowledged few post above but I want to report them too)

2. I can't find the shared folders in my home lan, my other mac in the house has some shared folder and I can't even see the mac on the finder sidebar (acknowledged few post above but I want to report them too)

3. after installing ML I deleted the ML Setup partition, and thinking that the usb problem could be given by permissions I tried to repair them using the "disk utility" and I got an error similar to "error, resource not available" that I thought was connected to the cancellation of the ML Setup partition

4. after installing ML all the hidden folders like var, tmp, bin etc in my root were visible, what to do?

5. can't autorun totalfinder, the finder plugin, even if you reinstall it

6. how the Hack ML v3 is going to implement 64bit graphics? can you explain how is going to be? because there is not x3100 64bit version for ML... :(

7. hackerwayne here says the DP1 extension might brick the system in the future: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16942597/ you should really collaborate together because both of you made very cool stuff!

Merci beaucoup, tu es magnifique!

Last edited:

ShiryuX

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2009
Luxembourg
Hey MLforAll!

I'm patiently waiting for v3 of the hack, I suppose I just have to update the ML Setup partition with it and run the Hack.command to update my current v2? :)

I also wanted to ask for a friend who has 10.7 on his iMac 24" white: will this hack work on these as well? (Unsure if he has a 7300GT or 7600GT graphic card in it)

Thanks a lot! :D

cagordon89

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2013
Aurora, IL
rezzo,
The numeric LED issue is fixed too !
You can upgrade to v3 from v1, Yes !

mishendr,

hey MLforAll, I have a black macbook 4,1 with GMA X3100. I'll do some testing for you too!. You can send me the link if you want

fabioroberto

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2013
my macbook 4,1 doesn't boot -> "waiting for DSMOS".. and step 12 doesn't work for me..
any help?

Nemesis19

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2010
my macbook 4,1 doesn't boot -> "waiting for DSMOS".. and step 12 doesn't work for me..
any help?

I have a macbook 4,1 too and nothing of that happened, if you have ML Setup partition I suggest you to erase at this point the main partition and plain install mountain lion, then import the data and settings through migration assistant

if you are italian and need further assistance let me know, maybe in Italian I can explain myself faster ;)

fabioroberto

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2013
I have a macbook 4,1 too and nothing of that happened, if you have ML Setup partition I suggest you to erase at this point the main partition and plain install mountain lion, then import the data and settings through migration assistant

if you are italian and need further assistance let me know, maybe in Italian I can explain myself faster ;)

thanks man!! i''ll try later..

thanks again

[edit]
Now Mountain Lion 10.8 fully working, but no x3100.. just one issue! Any advice?

Nemesis19: i'm brazilian..

Last edited:

Nemesis19

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2010
thanks man!! i''ll try later..

thanks again

[edit]
Now Mountain Lion 10.8 fully working, but no x3100.. just one issue! Any advice?

Nemesis19: i'm brazilian..

with the Hack v2 x3100 is supported, the only issues I had were the missing USB exfat support and disk utility not working properly

did you use the Hack v2?

fabioroberto

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2013
with the Hack v2 x3100 is supported, the only issues I had were the missing USB exfat support and disk utility not working properly

did you use the Hack v2?

Thanks man! Mountain Lion fully working now!
I used x3100 kexts from Lion 10.7.5 and working..

when release, can I use new Hack v3 after installed Hack v2 or need a new one?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.